Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Metricon Doulton

Page 2 of 15
If we didn't need the guest room I would have changed it into a lounge room as well. With your plans. I can't see the length of your bed 3? It's got ensuite 4 twice? It doesn't look right. I think they meant to put bedroom 3.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
the information for bedroom 3 is further to the left. it is 4670mm. the closer to the house ens4 dimension is for the right hand elevation of bedroom4.The ens4 that is twice is the two dimensions of the ens4 right hand elevation as there is avoid there
and the wall will come out.
stanus
the information for bedroom 3 is further to the left. it is 4670mm. the closer to the house ens4 dimension is for the right hand elevation of bedroom4

Oh ok. Got it didn't see that part. That's a pretty long bedroom.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Do you have a site start yet?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
no not yet. Waiting for council approval to demolish.

On a separate note did you notice Metricon 'demoted' the Doulton to Designer range from Signature on their website.
I still have the plans from the display that indicate signature, but my plans have always said Designer.
link
https://www.metricon.com.au/new-home-designs/melbourne/doulton?category=facades&photo=doultonclassique-photo.jpg&floorplan=56#ecIvV02UcEs7g0w9.97

plus Metricon made youtube vid of the Doulton
here is the link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfETQDdJmbA
stanus
no not yet. Waiting for council approval to demolish.

On a separate note did you notice Metricon 'demoted' the Doulton to Designer range from Signature on their website.
I still have the plans from the display that indicate signature, but my plans have always said Designer.

Yeah they did that soon as the display was finished. Not only was it on the board outside when you went there. But it was on their website.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
You wil usually see an initial. It will say S for signature and D for designer range. I told my consultant and she said that's strange in the book with all the houses. It still showed under designer. But yet on website it showed under signature.

To be honest. I was quiet surprised it was under designer too begin with. Looked like a signage range just going by the plans.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Oh sorry I think I misunderstood? Did you say they demoted it from signature too designer?

That's strange cos they upped it up from designer to signature soon as it came out. I'm going to go check that out. I wonder what they would do with the board at the front then?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Gee they did too. Put it back too designer range. I wonder why?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
the website had it as a signature till a week or two ago. and last I passed the display it still had the signature banners that was two weeks ago

pic below I took
Yeah I went there last week again too. That's strange. But then that's m for ya. They do a lot of things that don't make sense.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Yeah I went there last week again too. That's strange. But then that's m for ya. They do a lot of things that don't make sense.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

agree on that.

Have had to re read the contract again as there are errors with the post contract variations.
I just found I was being charged for doors that I had taken out.
stanus
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

agree on that.

Have had to re read the contract again as there are errors with the post contract variations.
I just found I was being charged for doors that I had taken out.

That's happened to me too for the doors. And even thou I bought it up. She said no they are for the extension. Then when it came to contract the lady told us this shouldn't be in here. It was like about $1400

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hello

I forgot to upload the electrical plans for the build.
So here are the plans:

Ground Floor

First Floor

-Most of the switches and GPO's are the Clipsal Saturn 400 Series in white.
-Cat6 data connections to most rooms terminating all to the garage(Planning to put in some 9U racks)
-Surveillance camera system prewiring/Door answering door phone pre wire (will do these after handover)
-Square Aircon Ducts
-1900 watt Ducted vacuum system with 7 points with Vacuum pan in kitchen cupboard
-Both the Rumpus room and Leisure room prewired for 5.1 speakers
-Alarm system Paradox 8 zone system with 8 PIR sensors and the TM50 touch panel with IP Chip
-Under cupboard led strip lighting in butlers pantry and kitchen
-6 Star gas heating system with 24kw add on cooling system with 4 zones and 4 controllers
-102 led 13w down lights

I have asked for batten light holders in most rooms as I plan to put pendants and a chandelier in the hallway.
Pendant Lights is one area were my plans and the displays diverge.
Nice as the display homes lights are my plans are more classical for lighting and plan to go that way with the pendant lighting
So you plan on putting pedants in all the rooms? We got the ducted vacuum as well. We also got the Clipsal Saturn love those switches.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Pendant lighting in nearly every room except Leisure, family and rumpus.
I am planning to put a chandelier in the hallway and have been on the lookout for something nice.
Current favourite is pictured below:

The Clipsal Saturn switches are very nice. I did selection just before M switched to Legrand/HPM.
So got the Clipsal ones which I liked. Hopefully they will not ask me to reselect.

What heating system are you getting? Cooling?
stanus
Pendant lighting in nearly every room except Leisure, family and rumpus.
I am planning to put a chandelier in the hallway and have been on the lookout for something nice.
Current favourite is pictured below:

The Clipsal Saturn switches are very nice. I did selection just before M switched to Legrand/HPM.
So got the Clipsal ones which I liked. Hopefully they will not ask me to reselect.

What heating system are you getting? Cooling?

Oh your kidding they changed again? I hope not cos I won't be agreeing to changing from them.

As for the heating I think it's the braemar heating but we upped it too 5 star. I tried to get higher later but they said that's the highest. But I think it goes higher.

With cooling just the evop cooling as that's good enough for melbourne. We have it now and we don't mind it.

The chandelier will look nice at the stairs. Are you leaving it wood or getting carpet on the stairs?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I really wish to see Stanus and Doulton 777 houses after the handover. Both looks awesome. Please invite me to have a look lol

viewtopic.php?t=88952
yes D777,
they have changed their supplier.
Last I was at M for the contract signing I took a pic of the Legrand GPO/switches.
They do not look as nice as the Clipsal ones

Braemar have a six star heating unit(that's the one I am getting) I liked the functionality of the Actron (connected to the internet)
so you can remote into it from the phone, but because it is electrical based I went with the gas Braemar unit with the refrigerated add on unit)

the stairs will be like the display. Vic. ash stained in Black Japan

Sanuaka
I really wish to see Stanus and Doulton 777 houses after the handover. Both looks awesome. Please invite me to have a look lol

viewtopic.php?t=88952

Yes when it's done you can come see it

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum