Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Ausbuild- Enclave Gumdale - SE QLD

Page 2 of 4
Yes, they are going up like mushrooms .
Make sure your pipework doesnt rub on the holes through your floor joists. We had squeaks they couldn't find and ended up with 3 holes cut in our new floor to find the problem.
Okay. I'm not good with these things. How can I check this?
akashsethi10
Okay. I'm not good with these things. How can I check this?

There should be a clear space around every penetration through your floor joists. When you walk on the floor above it will cause slight movement of the joists and if pipework is sitting on it it has the potential to squeak.

In addition have a good feel through your foil wrap for clear cavities behind your brickwork. It's something I wish I had of raised but they will cover it all up as quick as possible. Your brick cavities should not be filled with mortar.

Take lots of photos and walk through taking a video for the places you will miss. Have a close look at your roof trusses and see if they match the truss design. We have issues where every upstairs fan causes reverberations through the house frame. I can here the low frequency thumping sitting downstairs. It's like the neighbours have a movie playing loudly.

I checked all the plumbing on the floor joists and there is wax in the holes made for the plumbing surrounding the pipes to not have squeaking I guess.
Haven’t posted any updates for the last 10 days. So we have finished the electrical and plumbing rough-ins, the bricks have been laid to the entire ground floor and all internal walls have been completed. Rendering starts tomorrow.

Delete
Enclave Gumdale drone video

All of the ground floor has been rendered, internal gyprock plastered. Scaffolding is up to do the second level.
Looks really good with the rendering done, you are powering along nicely can't wait to see the internal fittings.
Mai Panda
Looks really good with the rendering done, you are powering along nicely can't wait to see the internal fittings.

We cant wait either. We are hoping to move in by Christmas. The SS says it will get close to that time however he cannot promise. My contract says 21st April though.

We are getting everything done (except window coverings and crimsafe) via Ausbuild, including driveway, all electrical and flooring.

When does your SS say about your timeframes?
akashsethi10
Mai Panda

We cant wait either. We are hoping to move in by Christmas. The SS says it will get close to that time however he cannot promise. My contract says 21st April though.

We are getting everything done (except window coverings and crimsafe) via Ausbuild, including driveway, all electrical and flooring.

That will be unreal if you can move in before Christmas, we are also hoping we can move in before that but our contract says end of March. My SS thinks late January is more realistic time frame for the house to complete, however there's a few things we are not doing through Ausbuild such as tiling and carpet for general areas and driveway so I'm hoping we still can make it before Christmas.

We currently getting our external cladding painted, that should be done by end of the week and also the guys are installing the cornices this week and I think our kitchen cabinetry are getting ordered this week as one of the guy was on site doing some measurements. I think both of us are pretty much on par in terms of progress, fingers crossed it goes smoothly for both of us till the end.
Mai Panda
akashsethi10
Mai Panda

That will be unreal if you can move in before Christmas, we are also hoping we can move in before that but our contract says end of March. My SS thinks late January is more realistic time frame for the house to complete, however there's a few things we are not doing through Ausbuild such as tiling and carpet for general areas and driveway so I'm hoping we still can make it before Christmas.

We currently getting our external cladding painted, that should be done by end of the week and also the guys are installing the cornices this week and I think our kitchen cabinetry are getting ordered this week as one of the guy was on site doing some measurements. I think both of us are pretty much on par in terms of progress, fingers crossed it goes smoothly for both of us till the end.

Yes we seem to be almost at par, with yours still a bit ahead.

My SS also thinks late January is more realistic time frame for the house to complete.

Our cladding goes up this week and the painting will be starting next week. Also for us too the guys are installing cornices this week and the upper level feature bricks are being finished (should be done by Friday) and our kitchen cabinetry and vanities have been measured and ordered to go in on the 5th and 6th Oct. Then the following week we will have our tiling for the wet areas done.

Fingers crossed we get in by Christmas.
The progress is slowed down now. Nothing much happened for a week and a lot happened on Friday. Had vanities and garage door installed. The first floor cladding was meant to go up last Wednesday but it hasn’t. Not sure why that’s delayed.

Update - had a tiling and driveway meeting with the SS today. Urban tiles supplied the wrong tiles so shad to rush and get that sorted. Hopefully this doesn't delay the process. The cladding is being painted now as the last few days of wet weather hasn't helped. Hopefully everything is still in line for Christmas move in.
Last couple days the bathroom tiles have been laid. Monday we will have the feature tiles and mosaic laid if l goes well.

Congrats Akash. Looks good and at a great pace. We had our slab poured a couple of days ago so will be joining the party soon.
Thanks Fahaf
Related
15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

5/03/2024
Looking for the perfect design - 2 storey in Qld

Building A New House

We used a smaller qld builder who went bankrupt about 12 months after completion of ours. It was a shame as they were good and relatively cheap and I would have used…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum