Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building single storey Clarendon Kiet 25 in Brisbane

Page 2 of 2
Hey, Metricon had given us nice fence too
. We were going through small space every weekend:lol:. Our construction will finish on 6 October. They will need extra 10 days for paper work and inspection. We are planning to move around 20 October:-P. When do you think you construction will finish?
Wow, your home is really coming together now - looks great

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
rgjain.jain7
. We were going through small space every weekend:lol:. Our construction will finish on 6 October. They will need extra 10 days for paper work and inspection. We are planning to move around 20 October:-P. When do you think you construction will finish?

Hi Rgjain, I saw your house getting nearly done too, actually on your side, yours looks the best. Sorry about the comment on the fencing, I took my personal opinion based on my neighbour house who was with Metricon too. That's is so exciting for you. Our house estimately finish at the end of November. I hope all the best for your new home. We might see each other every now and then I guess ^^
Bridgetwitch
Wow, your home is really coming together now - looks great

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

Thanks for still checking out my thread <3 . We hope the next stage won't take long to start as I heard that after Enclosed stage which is plastering and brick works, things might slow down a bit. Anyway, looks like you are so close to the actual construction. All the best for you, I can't wait to see your house getting together.
tngo
rgjain.jain7

Hi Rgjain, I saw your house getting nearly done too, actually on your side, yours looks the best. Sorry about the comment on the fencing, I took my personal opinion based on my neighbour house who was with Metricon too. That's is so exciting for you. Our house estimately finish at the end of November. I hope all the best for your new home. We might see each other every now and then I guess ^^

No worries tngo. Yes, we will see each soon. We try to go there every weekend. Good luck with your build as well!

Thank you for wishes.
Getting some quote for our post handover work. First of all is a decorative security front door. This is a new way of adding decor and security at the same time for our boring front (as we didn't have enough finance to go ahead with a fancy facade). It's not as secure as the traditional one, but I'm happy with the trade off. I put my trust to my area haha.

The door we are getting is called a Laser Cut Security Screen Door, and this is so far the only place in Brisbane and probably in Australia that do a combo of laser cut screen with flyscreen and lockers. Our was the Leaf Design, in Interpon texture paint. Cost $1500 for a complete door and installation.
http://www.decoview.com.au/

Fast forward, my house is filled with so many memories and...toys. We went on to a few major DIY such as Vinyl Flooring for the whole house, painted single wall accent color for every room, DIY Composite Timber decking, and DIY Pergola. It doesn't have a neat finish as professionally done, but we are just happy and enjoy every bit of it.

If I have a choice again, I would choose a darker color for our bottom kitchen cupboards, the one on the side that has cooktop, so I will balance out the above head cupboards color. At the moment, everything is white except the over head ones, which make the not really connected to the rest

Here is half of the portrait of the Mess-creator of our house
, trying to protest tidying up in this scene.

I was searching around for a solution to protect the patio from Mozzies. I hate Dark Rolling Blind for patio as they are too dark, and it took away the meaning of patio. I want something to let all the light through. Then I found this Pleated Screens. I installed both for $2000, pricey, they might be cheaper now. They are not the strongest things in the winds so you just have to remember to retract it back when not use. But man, I got so many compliments from anyone coming to our house, because of this investment.

Related
29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum