Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building an Allworth Home in Coast Central Estate at Wyee

Page 2 of 3
Tasha.M
Hi Ally,

We too are building in Wyee! This will be our first build so it's great to hear others building in the same area. We bought a block also in Lawrence Ave (Stage 1- lot 106) but we have had a crazy couple of weeks going back and forth with the developers. They found a privately owned water easement going across our block of land so they are trying to relocate us to another block. At this stage it looks like the only thing they are able to offer us an an alternative is another block in stage 1 that is 40sqm smaller [img=15x17]https://forum.homeone.com.au/images/smilies/icon_mad.gif[/img]

We are building with McDonald Jones and have all the colours and electrical done and signed off on. However, it looks like we are going to have to change our house design as we can't fit the Monte Carlo on the new block they are offering. It looks like we are going to have a few really expensive months ahead of us trying to get it all sorted. Hope your journey has been a lot smoother than ours [img=15x15]https://forum.homeone.com.au/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Tash

Hey Tash! Great to hear from you

Oh my god! I can only imagine how stressful that must be, and to have made all of that progress on the house and to now have to start again! What an experience for your first build, huh. How frustrating!

We are in stage 3. So basically right down the other end of Lawrence Ave. Hopfully no issues arise once they get to the blocks down our end! How have you found the developers through it all?

I really hope things work out, and that costs are kept as low as possible. I was so nervous when we purchased our block, I had no idea about anything it felt like. So far it's gone well, at times I feel like I'm bracing for something to go wrong!
Wyeebuild
Congratulations! Very exciting.

House looks great too, looks like you'll be making a lovely home! Alfresco along the back like that will open it all up so nicely too!

We paid our deposit to go ahead today and came up with new variations but it's all going through to head office on Monday. These are the new plans.

aphsta
Wyeebuild

House looks great too, looks like you'll be making a lovely home! Alfresco along the back like that will open it all up so nicely too!

We paid our deposit to go ahead today and came up with new variations but it's all going through to head office on Monday. These are the new plans.

Looks great! So now it's the wait for the preliminary plans is it?
Wyeebuild
aphsta
Wyeebuild

Looks great! So now it's the wait for the preliminary plans is it?

Yep, survey was done last week so plans getting drawn up and trying to pick our external colours, got a few weeks before they have to be completed but I'm finding it harder than I thought

Any progress for you?
Hi guys! We're new on here.
We're also thinking of building with Allworth (also Sonata 12 - have made changes to the plan + extension) but they're taking forever with our quote - how long does that normally take?

Other builders were able to atleast quote us a figure, but not Allworth, which I find a bit strange. We're between Simonds and Allworth at this stage.

Thoughts?
FirstHomeJul3017
We're also thinking of building with Allworth (also Sonata 12 - have made changes to the plan + extension) but they're taking forever with our quote - how long does that normally take?

Other builders were able to atleast quote us a figure, but not Allworth, which I find a bit strange. We're between Simonds and Allworth at this stage.

Thoughts?

Hi! Welcome, this is going to be a long post but hopefully let you know everything you need, if not, just ask for more information.

Allworth were actually the first company we received a tender back from, we got 3. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but ours is an empty block in a pre established suburb on the south coast, most houses are from the 80's.
I am living in Sydney so went through Oran Park. They took 2 weeks and we provided them with a survey the person who we bought it off had done. We didn't get one from Simonds. I don't think they build down the coast, we didn't have heaps of options like in sydney. One tender took 2 weeks longer than another closer to another 2 weeks, so almost 6 weeks!
Some builders say it's quicker in sydney
We decided to go with Allworth. Their base prices are very cheap, they allow for a lot of provisions for site costs, which made them seem expensive but we knew we'd need screw piers and tiger tails and some other things that added up to almost 20k but other builders didn't have them on their tender, just a note they may be needed so we would have had a nasty shock of a bill when they invoiced them.
Allworth's inclusions are pretty crappy and very expensive to add on, but if you're handy and do it yourself afterwards you'll get a great house for a decent price.
For example we've worked out it's cheaper to just take the basic kitchen but then get a kitchen place to replace the cupboards with pot drawers and buy our stone benchtop from diyaustralia than upgrading.
We are also doing our own flooring except wet areas, driveway, decking, fitting out butlers pantry (3.6m x 1.8-2m) buying bosch kitchen appliances, upgrading all lighting and power points/electrical after we move in
If you're not at all handy and just want to move in with everything done you may want to go for a builder who has better base inclusions.
We paid our 4k deposit 2 1/2 weeks ago. They do their own survey and have your customised plans drawn up properly, you choose external colours, they said it takes 4-6 weeks.
Then it goes to CDC, which takes another 4-6 weeks but during this time you do all internal choices, tiles, paint, inclusions, electrical, bathrooms, kitchen.
Once that's back from being approved you show them proof of funds and they start in 4 weeks, the build time is a 19 week contract from the start date.
aphsta
FirstHomeJul3017

Thoughts?

Hi! Welcome, this is going to be a long post but hopefully let you know everything you need, if not, just ask for more information.

Allworth were actually the first company we received a tender back from, we got 3. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but ours is an empty block in a pre established suburb on the south coast, most houses are from the 80's.
I am living in Sydney so went through Oran Park. They took 2 weeks and we provided them with a survey the person who we bought it off had done. We didn't get one from Simonds. I don't think they build down the coast, we didn't have heaps of options like in sydney. One tender took 2 weeks longer than another closer to another 2 weeks, so almost 6 weeks!
We decided to go with Allworth. Their base prices are very cheap, they allow for a lot of provisions for site costs, which made them seem expensive but we knew we'd need screw piers and tiger tails and some other things that added up to almost 20k but other builders didn't have them on their tender, just a note they may be needed so we would have had a nasty shock of a bill when they invoiced them.
Allworth's inclusions are pretty crappy and very expensive to add on, but if you're handy and do it yourself afterwards you'll get a great house for a decent price.
For example we've worked out it's cheaper to just take the basic kitchen but then get a kitchen place to replace the cupboards with pot drawers and buy our stone benchtop from diyaustralia than upgrading.
We are also doing our own flooring except wet areas, driveway, decking, fitting out butlers pantry (3.6m x 1.8-2m) buying bosch kitchen appliances, upgrading all lighting and power points/electrical after we move in
If you're not at all handy and just want to move in with everything done you may want to go for a builder who has better base inclusions.
We paid our 4k deposit 2 1/2 weeks ago. They do their own survey and have your customised plans drawn up properly, you choose external colours, they said it takes 4-6 weeks.
Then it goes to CDC, which takes another 4-6 weeks but during this time you do all internal choices, tiles, paint, inclusions, electrical, bathrooms, kitchen.
Once that's back from being approved you show them proof of funds and they start in 4 weeks, the build time is a 19 week contract from the start date.

Thanks for that!
very helpful. So it's not strange for Allworth to take this long. I found Simmonds inclusions to be a bit better than Allworth's priceleader inclusions. So confused!!
4 weeks in and our survey is back. We'd given them a survey that was done 12 months ago but it wasn't one of their accredited surveyors so we had to have another done by Allworth
Our survey fid at least allow them to give us accurate site costs at tender, which was 56k including BASIX! 16k just on screw pier provision, but we're only a few houses from salt water so not surprised.

Now waiting for our plans to be drawn on our block and getting ready for CDC. Decided on external colours so just waiting.

Again made a couple of changes inside, moving the pantry door next to the wall like in the harmony entertainer but that won't get changed till later

Wyeebuild, have you chosen your external colours?

FirstHomeJul3017
aphsta
FirstHomeJul3017

Thoughts?

Thanks for that!
very helpful. So it's not strange for Allworth to take this long. I found Simmonds inclusions to be a bit better than Allworth's priceleader inclusions. So confused!!

Hello! Welcome

We got our quote back in about a week from memory?
Aphsta gave a lot of good details, I agree that Allworth's inclusions are pretty basic. We are doing a lot of things ourselves also after the build. My dad and brother are concreters, and my partners father and brother are electricians lol so that comes in handy with the concreting and electrical. But we have found with a lot of the things we are wanting - its always an extra cost! That's just the way it is I suppose!
aphsta
4 weeks in and our survey is back. We'd given them a survey that was done 12 months ago but it wasn't one of their accredited surveyors so we had to have another done by Allworth
Our survey fid at least allow them to give us accurate site costs at tender, which was 56k including BASIX! 16k just on screw pier provision, but we're only a few houses from salt water so not surprised.

Now waiting for our plans to be drawn on our block and getting ready for CDC. Decided on external colours so just waiting.

Again made a couple of changes inside, moving the pantry door next to the wall like in the harmony entertainer but that won't get changed till later

Wyeebuild, have you chosen your external colours?

Sorry for the delay in replying, it's been a hectic month and I haven't had a chance to get on here.

Sounds like things are going well on your end? How did you go with your external colours?

I am struggling so much with this. I'm stuck on the brick - I feel like once we've decided on one, the other colours will come a bit easier? We don't really like any of the builders range, so it's going to be an upgrade either way - its just figuring out to go a light or dark brick. It hurts my head.
And my other problem is that we are currently figuring out what to do with the flooring - we had our hearts set on 600x600 tiles but Allworth wont do them...so now we are tossing up weather to delete and organise after the build or just go with the biggest tile they will do in white.

We've been told registration is looking like end of November now all depending on weather.
Doing well, we have our appointment on Sunday to sign off on the plans to go to CDC

I found deciding on a colour theme to help a lot, there's also a tool that lets you play with colours online, it might be the Colourbond or PGH website

We chose
Gibson Brick - it was the only brick from the included range we didn't hate and actually liked, it's the dark brown one that should offset our grey theme nicely
We chose Monier Horrizon flat profile roof tiles, which is a dark grey to match the Monument gutters. We are a few houses back from salt water so didn't want a colourbond roof.
Monument Gutters - dark grey
Upgraded to a single panel lift door in Windspray
Also having all the fascia, windows, down pipes and water tank in Windspray and they are painting the front and laundry doors to match
Hi, has anyone had confirmation of registration dates through their solicitor? I know it has been delayed which is fine but would be great to know dates.
I've pm'd you
Thanks. The pm does not appear to be coming through though.
Hi Guys!

We're new here on the forum. We've purchased in stage 1 at Wyee and would love to know if anyone has any updates on a registration date.

Thanks
Hi, apparently there have been issues with sewage system. They are aiming to have stage 1 complete end of November, last we heard. We are in stage 2 and do not have a date (was 29th September) but looking more like Feb next year. But haven't had any definite advise from our solicitor for dates yet.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully they can fix the issues soon.
Hi guys,

I'm building in stage 1 of the development and soo far have waited basically 2 years (which is 1 year longer than they expected for registration).
They are saying end of Oct for practical completion and end of Nov for registration... I'ma bit worried because George Brand Real-estate don't seem to have much of an idea, and I had to contact Rod directly for the information I have, which is only verbal.
It's frustrating. I saw some messages above that said people had their land surveyed? We were told we aren't allowed to have anyone on to do that yet?
Comments?
We were told the same. Our site survey cannot be done until the temporary fencing is down to allow access by road.
Hi guys. There are some others on here who are building elsewhere but are building with Allworth, that may be what you have seen as we haven't been able to get our survey done either. I don't think anyone is able to.
We are in stage 3 and have been told it's looking more like mid 2018 ;(
Related
28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

11/07/2023
Central Properties

Building A New House

Hi, just need to ask if anyone build with Central Properties in Victoria. Thankd

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum