Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Emperor 48 - craigieburn Mt. Aitkin

Page 2 of 2
sukhsingh
Dreamhme
sukhsingh

Hello SukhSingh

Good luck with your built and best wishes.

If you wont mind can you please tell how much Henley charge you for each batten point and can you also recommended electrician / flooring contractor, how much they quoted you ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi there
I think it was close to $40 mark. As I import led lights, I’ll be using them for my own house. I haven’t decided on a contractor neither I have obtained any pricing for it.

Appreciated your reply. All the best.
I'll be following you and hoping you have a great build experience. Can't wait to see your progress and how long it takes to build. I'm also building the emperor 48, but in South Morang. Do you mind sharing the exact site costs?
JustMia
I'll be following you and hoping you have a great build experience. Can't wait to see your progress and how long it takes to build. I'm also building the emperor 48, but in South Morang. Do you mind sharing the exact site costs?

Hi JustMia,

That’s great!! What stage are you guys at?
The exact site costs were $33462 and an extra allowance of $11500 for rock removal.
Funny how the sales consultant told me to add $25000 for site costs as “it will me more than enough based on your block”. However, don’t regret going with Henley, it’s such a great house.
I have also appointed Darbecca as the building inspectors just for my peace of mind.

Cheers

Here is my modified Emperor 48 with guest rooms stead of the theatre room in the middle.

sukhsingh
Newhouse22
Will follow your build Sukh paji. We will also start building near you in Aston craigieburn with porter Davis. My cousin built Emperor 48 couple of years ago , very nice spacious home.

hi Paji, Kiddan?
Hows your build going?
Ours has just started. I went to the site on Sunday and didn’t find many rocks. Even our neighbours said there weren’t any at their site as well. Hopefully, I can expect a credit back.

Hi Sukh,
We are at fixing stage, painting/flooring/light fittings left , hopefully will be in before Christmas.
Good luck with your build.
Gurvinder

My SC said to allow $25k too, so I hope it doesn’t blow out to $40k. I love the emperor too - just the amount of storage available blew me away! I’ve never seen the guest in the middle option - was that an NSV? We’ve gone the guest to the front, added rumpus, deleted alfresco (odd shape block means a veranda will be better for us) and have extended the back bedrooms & their WIRs by 550 (which mean dining had to also be extended out by 550). Any progress in the last week?
JustMia
My SC said to allow $25k too, so I hope it doesn’t blow out to $40k. I love the emperor too - just the amount of storage available blew me away! I’ve never seen the guest in the middle option - was that an NSV? We’ve gone the guest to the front, added rumpus, deleted alfresco (odd shape block means a veranda will be better for us) and have extended the back bedrooms & their WIRs by 550 (which mean dining had to also be extended out by 550). Any progress in the last week?

Hi there,
That sounds amazing!! Hopefully we will get to see your floor plans soon.
Yes that was a NSV, although didn’t cost me anything extra apart from the normal guest room charge. I wanted to have a grand entrance and home office at the front (so much for having choices hehe)

After the base was laid I had Darbecca (highly recommend to have inspections) conduct a pre-pour inspection and 12 defects were identified. This was rectified and SS sent me photos to confirm that the defects have been rectified. I met him at 12.30 pm today and he gave me an overview of the build while concrete was being poured on the site.
Hopefully, they will start on framing next week.

4 oct- site cut
17 Oct- pre pour inspection.
20 Oct- slab pour
Framing next...

Must be so exciting to see it actually being built!!! In our last build, I was up at the block every day (but I am just a total control freak 😀). I’m definitely going with independent inspector. By the sounds of it, it’s worth the money. Sorry if you’ve already said this, but how long did it take you to get from contract signing to site cut?
JustMia
Must be so exciting to see it actually being built!!! In our last build, I was up at the block every day (but I am just a total control freak
). I’m definitely going with independent inspector. By the sounds of it, it’s worth the money. Sorry if you’ve already said this, but how long did it take you to get from contract signing to site cut?

It felt forever in between initial sales signing at the display home and colours. This was roughly a month and another 5 weeks to get to tender presentation. Once initial shock of site costs settled, I requested some changes to the plan, main ones being:
1. Pushing house forward rather than the one presented at the time of contract presentation. This required deeper cut to the site.
2. Adding evaporative cooling (after getting 6 star energy allowance back)
3. Adding billion downlights to the house.
4. Changing bricks from Brighton to Newport.
We started the process in April and it finished around September (this was after pushing henley to speed up things)
Hope this helps.

Been a while I have posted an update. The construction has been going on from the last 3 months (almost). The slab has been poured, frame has been laid and now Henley has been working on bricks and internal walls.
I think it’s called reverse build where did the internal walls and a day later Brick work started out. Pity they couldn’t complete it before breaking up for Christmas and New Years . Can anyone please tell me when I can expect work to start again?
Here are some pics from the build

After the rainfall today, thought I will check how the house is holding up. Turns out there was a leak today in the master room. I will let the site supervisor know. Has anyone been through the same problem? Can you please share your experience and how it was rectified? Please see pics attached.

Hi sukhsingh,

Would you mind sharing the final build cost including flooring, downlights and driveway?
sukhsingh
After the rainfall today, thought I will check how the house is holding up. Turns out there was a leak today in the master room. I will let the site supervisor know. Has anyone been through the same problem? Can you please share your experience and how it was rectified? Please see pics attached.

Hello sukh, 22g please send me ur no I want to call you, I m also building with same builder as yours.
Hi dreamhme do you remember at all where in Truganina that home was built ? We are thinking also on building the same home with the marquess facade and I was hoping I could just have a look at it by driving passed
hello ,
do you have a picture of you façade after few yours that you have build the emperor , that you can share ?

Thanks,
Sami
SSA Sukh Bhaji,

This is Amrit, I am building with henley & I am deciding to go with same facade as you.
Could u plz text & give me bit of advice if u can.

Thank u in advance.
Amrit Sandhu🙏🙏
Hi, I hope you are still following this post. Its been long time . Hope will be enjoying wonderful time with family in such a beauty of a house.

Just wanna check , how did you go with timber flooring in 1st floor. would you recommend it to others and does it make lot of sound while walking?

Thanks in advance
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum