Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home Builders - Metricon Zara 29 - Wk 17 WE ARE IN!

Page 2 of 6
RachM
allblaqk
Yay!! Thats great, congratulations!
Hopefully your council approvals etc are speedy...Ours took just under 8 weeks in Ipswich too, but most people seem to be quicker

We actually already have building approval. I don't know what I builders did but the day after
land registration took place we got an email saying we had building approval. I was expecting an 8 week wait as well as friends of ours are also building in the same area and they have been told 8 weeks.

So anticipated start date is 19th July at the moment. They started ordering everything last week! I was impressed at the speed of it all!

How awesome that you didn't have to wait long! The 19th will be here before you know it
RachM
We actually already have building approval. I don't know what I builders did but the day after
land registration took place we got an email saying we had building approval. I was expecting an 8 week wait as well as friends of ours are also building in the same area and they have been told 8 weeks.

So anticipated start date is 19th July at the moment. They started ordering everything last week! I was impressed at the speed of it all!

That is so freaking awesome! Those 8 weeks were the worst of my life
Bring on the 19th!!
Update!

Meeting with Site Manager tomorrow morning - site scrape is happening on Friday!!!!!!! Woohoo!

Had to mow the weeds in preparation for it!
Woo hoo that's exciting! Can't wait for pics
So upset! Drove to the land this afternoon and nothing has happened. The site scrape was meant to be today (told yesterday morning) so not particularly happy. I know these things happen but to happen so quickly into the build is annoying.

It doesn't feel like a great start - but I hope we see some kind of progress on Monday.
Awww that sucks sweets, fingers crossed for monday. And hopefully this is your only instance of over promising and the rest runs on time
Okay so weirdly we went to the land today and it has been scraped! I'm not sure when they did it?! I think it might have been a Saturday job. Excited to see something going on there!

Oh how exciting! It is finally happening!
Hi just wondering when you had to moe the weeds did you have to remove theclippings from them or could it be left there? Also when they scrape your block are they responsible to remove the part they scraped or fo you have to temove it? We are awaiting counsel before westart this part of the process and i just try to understand:) thanks
lovisa
Hi just wondering when you had to moe the weeds did you have to remove theclippings from them or could it be left there? Also when they scrape your block are they responsible to remove the part they scraped or fo you have to temove it? We are awaiting counsel before westart this part of the process and i just try to understand:) thanks

Hi - the clippings could have been left. We were just advised by our sales consultant that if was overgrown they would have to mow before site scrape and then charge us, plus be delayed so we just did it so it was ready.

In regards to the soil they have scraped - we have to get rid of it. My husband is hoping to keep some for the side of the house but we are going to advertise free land fill and hopefully won't have to pay anything to remove it.

In other news - not even end of week 2 and the slab is being poured tomorrow or Friday. Frames arriving on the 8th and carpenter starting on the 10th. We are lucky no one around us has started building so we could walk around and take pictures from all angles!

Slab is down! We got the invoice before I even left work this afternoon so I knew it had been done.

Site manager has told us frames are being delivered on Monday and carpenter is starting to put them up by Wednesday.

All starting to feel very real now!

Congrats on getting your slab down RachM, great news about your frames and chippies too, once those frames go up they move very quickly.

We just paid our deposit on the weekend to build with Metricon again

Tribe7
Congrats on getting your slab down RachM, great news about your frames and chippies too, once those frames go up they move very quickly.

We just paid our deposit on the weekend to build with Metricon again

Thanks! It's been so quick!

I would 100% build with Metricon again at this point. They are so well organised and communication for the most part has been fantastic. We are really happy we went with them.

Just paid the slab invoice and pool deposit - ouch!
Hi RachM,

What a journey you've been on too, the thought of getting hit with $1500 a month for delays then boom land registers, that worked out well.

Your girls look so happy

Love your selections, the carpet looks so plush.

Hopefully you got your costs down, my sister is building with M once her land registers, she's building the Soverign 44 for just her and her partner... not sure why you need an ensuite in every room but each to their own... I keep telling her to leave an allowance for colours but she thinks she fine... she will learn hard on colours day
🤦🏻‍♀️

Ps so awesome you too are from Lismore!!
Conslabulations! Can't wait to see your frames go up
I had a look at the Zara plans, quite a nice design! I love houses with Master at the front as well, it looks great.
charlibear
Hi RachM,

What a journey you've been on too, the thought of getting hit with $1500 a month for delays then boom land registers, that worked out well.

Your girls look so happy

Hopefully you got your costs down, my sister is building with M once her land registers, she's building the Soverign 44 for just her and her partner... not sure why you need an ensuite in every room but each to their own... I keep telling her to leave an allowance for colours but she thinks she fine... she will learn hard on colours day
🤦🏻‍♀️

I feel like someone famous has just replied to my thread after I spent the last few days reading yours 😆

We were able to get the costs down enough. I think in total our variations were about $11k and we had a voucher for $7.5k so that helped a lot! I think we have added enough to the plan and other things can be done later on. Eventually we will render the house I would say by for now it's bricks. We also didn't include window coverings - we wanted to see what we needed once it was built. But we have things we really wanted like an upgrade in tiles, upgrade in carpet and underlay, outdoor area concreted, sliding cupboard doors over opening ones and security screens.

If we didn't want to put the pool in we could have spent more, but the pool was important to us it's something that we will get a lot of use out of.

Ensuite in every room?!?! That would be horrible to clean!!!! So bizarre you are from lismore, I always get a kick out of finding out someone is from there too because it seems like such a small place!
allblaqk
Conslabulations! Can't wait to see your frames go up
I had a look at the Zara plans, quite a nice design! I love houses with Master at the front as well, it looks great.

Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to see the frames go up either! We really liked the Zara as it gave us the rooms we wanted and separate areas for us and the kids without blowing our budget. We didn't want to compromise on having a decent backyard (well for up here in suburbia) and the pool as well.

How is your build coming along? Do you have a thread I could follow???
RachM
Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to see the frames go up either! We really liked the Zara as it gave us the rooms we wanted and separate areas for us and the kids without blowing our budget. We didn't want to compromise on having a decent backyard (well for up here in suburbia) and the pool as well.

How is your build coming along? Do you have a thread I could follow???

Defs a good floorplan! And a good size too, ours is about that size but a bit smaller.
I feel you on the backyard haha. The lot sizes are crazy now in suburbia.

I do have a thread
Here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87812
RachM
charlibear
Hi RachM,

Your girls look so happy

🤦🏻‍♀️

I feel like someone famous has just replied to my thread after I spent the last few days reading yours

We were able to get the costs down enough. I think in total our variations were about $11k and we had a voucher for $7.5k so that helped a lot! I think we have added enough to the plan and other things can be done later on. Eventually we will render the house I would say by for now it's bricks. We also didn't include window coverings - we wanted to see what we needed once it was built. But we have things we really wanted like an upgrade in tiles, upgrade in carpet and underlay, outdoor area concreted, sliding cupboard doors over opening ones and security screens.

If we didn't want to put the pool in we could have spent more, but the pool was important to us it's something that we will get a lot of use out of.

Ensuite in every room?!?! That would be horrible to clean!!!! So bizarre you are from lismore, I always get a kick out of finding out someone is from there too because it seems like such a small place!

Hahahaha why thank you

You can always use the IKEA $3 paper blinds until you put up proper window coverings, they don't look too bad in all honesty

The pool is going look awesome and I would take a pool over most things too, which is a gorgeous colour btw.

Yeah my sister is quite over the top but have fun cleaning all those bathrooms
what ever floats her boat haha

Also congrats on the slab
Congrats on your first home! Hope your build journey goes well! South Ipswich is definitely a busy happening place. We drive through the Cunningham Highway regularly and definitely notice all the changes each time. Following along...
Related
21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

30/04/2024
Home builders for battleaxe block in Hornsby LGA

Building A New House

Hey Setsquare Firstly thank you to all the kind comments here. Now to answer your question, it comes down to what budget you have. New South homes who are based at…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum