Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

sbg homes

Page 2 of 2
Thanks not sure peter, when the time comes we will not let them get away with errors. You are right, they will never come back, people who build with them 2 years ago are still waiting for their 3 months maintenance.
as you know this is the first house i have got built by a builder after building 8 of my own ,i feel sorry you have to go through this,builders like this give the industry a bad name.Have you paid lock up and fix payments, understanding what this builder is like,i think you must have,i know there will be a building authority to contact about this so ring the people i said and if they can't help you ask them to put you on to someone,they cannot ask for the last payment until its completed,with all this going it makes you not even want to live in the house with all the bad memories of the build.I still believe this builder is going bad all the signs are there, so do not give him any money ,have gone to there sites and asked the tradesman about there payments,they will tell you straight away ,worth trying.
newbuild2
Thanks not sure peter, when the time comes we will not let them get away with errors. You are right, they will never come back, people who build with them 2 years ago are still waiting for their 3 months maintenance.

Does this forum have a private msg option?
not sure peter
as you know this is the first house i have got built by a builder after building 8 of my own ,i feel sorry you have to go through this,builders like this give the industry a bad name.Have you paid lock up and fix payments, understanding what this builder is like,i think you must have,i know there will be a building authority to contact about this so ring the people i said and if they can't help you ask them to put you on to someone,they cannot ask for the last payment until its completed,with all this going it makes you not even want to live in the house with all the bad memories of the build.I still believe this builder is going bad all the signs are there, so do not give him any money ,have gone to there sites and asked the tradesman about there payments,they will tell you straight away ,worth trying.

Not Sure Peter, Thanks for all your advice, I have spoken to a few areas you mentioned was helpful
Thanks Not Sure Peter for your advice, we will make a few enquiries. You are right they have ruined our building experience and excitement about our new house.

No progress, I think there is a private msg option, click on pm, you can test it to make sure it works before you send a message.
keep me updated if you can new build and no progess ,if i here anything i will let you know
Thanks not sure peter. We will keep you updated if there is any change, at the moment there is still no progress.
Visited the site, ZERO progress this week. Numerous emails and a phone made this week wanting to know what SBG plan is for completion of our house, again NO RESPONSE. Looks like there is no end in sight to completion of our house with no communication from them. We will be updating progress on the house each week here, we will be fair, if SBG makes progress or does work on site we will write an update about it, if they don't we will still write an update about it.
they are working on the town houses at saftey beach ,i did hear they were sbg owners fathers units,i not a 100% sure if that is true but thats what a bricklayer told me. It cedrtainly doesn't look good,have you contacted the building authoritys for advice.
not sure peter
they are working on the town houses at saftey beach ,i did hear they were sbg owners fathers units,i not a 100% sure if that is true but thats what a bricklayer told me. It cedrtainly doesn't look good,have you contacted the building authoritys for advice

Did you contact the building info line? Let them know they are way over their completion date or days as according to your contract. They will give you advice based on your contract.
newbuild2
Visited the site, ZERO progress this week. Numerous emails and a phone made this week wanting to know what SBG plan is for completion of our house, again NO RESPONSE. Looks like there is no end in sight to completion of our house with no communication from them. We will be updating progress on the house each week here, we will be fair, if SBG makes progress or does work on site we will write an update about it, if they don't we will still write an update about it.

Hi there,

Just wondering how your home construction is progressing? Is there any feedback?
Capri33
newbuild2

Hi there,

Just wondering how your home construction is progressing? Is there any feedback?

Hi wondering what dat this was completed as we too are building with them
Yes our house was completed after year. Overall I'm happy with the house but there are outstanding issues still. They had to pay me a penalty as they exceeded the contractual dates. However they mentioned to me they will pay only about $28 a day as delay charges. But this is wrong and they are supposed to pay the "liquidated damages" as mentioned in the contract. I had a conversation with them after sending so many emails and finally, they agreed to pay me $45 a day as liquidated damages. Don't let them pay you only $28 a day if they exceeded the dates and read your contract carefully.
newbuild2

Just wondering did you ever get your house
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum