Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Additional Site cost At Jordan Spring East (Stage-2)

Page 2 of 3
yeah fingers crossed. our lot is zero boundary too and needs dropped edge beam... and it is 12.5 BAL rated
Welcome Neighbors, we are 2242 stage 2.
manpreet kaur
yeah fingers crossed. our lot is zero boundary too and needs dropped edge beam... and it is 12.5 BAL rated

I was told that the drop edge beam is only a lendlease requirement and that no other (large scale at least) developer requires it!! How silly!

I was told that most Zero lot land will require it. Since the lots are getting narrower and they are allowing you to build your garage on the boundary wall hence it is required to support the structure.
Some other developers might start wanting it but a few people I know have built at a Stockland development and never had to have it. Calderwood who is lendlease have to have it as does Jordan springs. My SC almost missed adding it to our tender because it's uncommon and she disputed the need with lendlease but wouldn't budge. It is what it is I guess. Can't not have it.

you need a drop edge beam to protect your neighbor lot from negative effect of your construction.

We have chosen not to build on the boundary so we save the money as we don't need drop edge beam.
also our builder quoted us for BAL12.5 - 6-6.5 k for our 23-24 sq 2 storey home. We have asked around and that's the price we got from many builders.
Though it states in the tender that it is a provisional cost so I guess they can change it.
Nada17,

we are also in stage -2 . whom are you building with, and how much is is the complete cost they have provided without drop edge?
Ours is 26 Sq's - BAL 12.5 cost was 8.5K
as for now we are with Kurmond homes. the design is Craremont 23 with some changes.
http://www.kurmondhomes.com.au/files/de ... php?id=101
as you may see the garage wall cannot be put on the zero boundary. If we would want that it would not only require drop edge beam but also some transfer structure for Level 1.

The total price will highly depend on inclusions. base price is 294 k or something.

As I said they quoted us for BAL 12.5 - 6.5 k
HI Nada

Craremont 23 looks nice, however, it looks like the width of your house is 8.75 m with 1.2m maintenance easement would be very close on the mark.
SIDE SETBACK
Side setback is 0.9m and/or zero if applicable
to your lot. A zero lot boundary means that on
the ground floor you can build to the boundary
on the nominated side of the lot to a maximum
length of 10-13m subject to CDC/DCP approval.
Any zero lot boundary construction is to provide a
drop edge beam to 650mm below natural ground
level. Where a wall is constructed on the “build to
boundary” line of a lot, additional fencing is not
permitted next to this wall.

A 900mm setback applies to upper storeys on
a zero boundary. Gutters are not to encroach
neighbouring properties. If you choose not to
build to the boundary then a minimum setback of
900mm applies. Eaves on a single storey home are
not to encroach on any easements.

A 1.2m side setback (for 300mm eaves) or 1.35m
setback (for 450mm eaves) is required on side
elevations adjacent to a maintenance easement.
Eaves are not to be within 450mm of the boundary
on upper storeys
I discussed it with Lendlease and they told us we have 900 setbacks given that we don't have any eaves on the ground floor. I think 1.2 and 1.35 easements are only for the 1 storey homes.

we also changed the design a bit and cut the living room the way that the wall is straight all the way. so now we have 950 and 1250 setbacks which is fine.
GATES ARE OPEN !!!!

The connector road is open now, we had a nice drive yesterday to Jordan Spring EAST.
MR.india
GATES ARE OPEN !!!!

The connector road is open now, we had a nice drive yesterday to Jordan Spring EAST.

great news!
did you have a chance to get to the stage 2 lots?
Stage-2 was still closed, but being on higher level, We could see the roads and footpath are all done.

I loved how it overlooks the Jordan spring. Can't wait to start our Build there.
you sound very exciting!

We will also try to drop by this weekend.

Have you already done the tender with your builder?
Do you plan to finalize any paperwork before the registration?
Hi we did the tender and paid 1000 back in Feb, Tender signing amount is 5% and I am pushing the builder to to soil/ bore test so that we can remove the PA and have actual amount on legal papers.

I will be happy if the actual amount is 1000-5000 less than PA, which in my sense fully worth the wait..
Domaine Homes
HI,

I would like to clarify your costs as noted below; We are a transparent builder and we pride yourself in educating our clients prior to deposit. The costs noted below are common in these area's which is why we have allowed them in your tender even though the land is not yet accessible. We will remove all of the PA items listed below even after Contract signing should your reports indicate these items are not required. We can only do this once we have the required Bore Hole and Contour reports. Beware of builders that don't provide this information upfront! You only have one chance to get your new home right so go with a builder you can trust. Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

1. Salinity affected environment - $3000
2. H1 class slab- $2000
3. PA - provisional allowance, dropped edge beam,piering,rock excavation etc- $10,000
4. PA- for Bush fire attack level (BAL)-12.5 $8,500

Hi

I had a word with my sales guy Tommy in Domain Elara, last week. He said he is arranging to get access for soil test so that we can have final amount instead of PA on tender.

What further assistance we can get from you while expediting this process and saving us some money for upgrades?

Best Regards
Randhir Singh
MR.india
Hi we did the tender and paid 1000 back in Feb, Tender signing amount is 5% and I am pushing the builder to to soil/ bore test so that we can remove the PA and have actual amount on legal papers.

I will be happy if the actual amount is 1000-5000 less than PA, which in my sense fully worth the wait..

we are doing the same with our builder.

We are trying to get as much accurate costs as possible so there wouldn't be any surprises.
Excellent. keep sharing your progress here.
I am also going with Domaine homes , I have paid tender money in march , not yet paid 5 % deposit.
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum