Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Forever Home Build

Page 2 of 9
Wowsers! What a massive slab! Congratulations!!

Charlie your slab wasn't waffle pods was is? so it has to sit for 2 weeks? we are hoping they let ours sit for longer then the weekend.. well I just want it to keep going but the man has informed me it is better if it has time to sit for a while lol
Ours was a raft slab, yep need to sit for a little while but it'll be closer to 5 weeks by the time the stand our frames

I hope your flies along quicker than our, so awful just seeing your slab and no more progress

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Omg really? Did they say why there is such a big gap between them? That's horrible it would be so disheartening to see nothing happening for 5 weeks ?
Don't they know that we need our own house again like yesterday lol
Are other GJ homes the same do you know?
Loving your colour choices! can't wait to see the build progressing!

our dennis homes build

https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=84578&f=31&p=1677389#p1677389
Carrie thank you! I am hoping it all works and I love it lol completely different to what I thought I was going to pick so a little worried haha

In other news just went past the block to see if they would have delivered the frames and woah!
Wasn't expecting that!
We were actually hoping they let it sit a little longer as only did the slab on Friday and looks like they started the frame yesterday eek
But oh well I am excited anyway and can't wait to walk through it haha
I will go past this arvo for a proper look ?
The marble herringbone is just stunning! It's what we want for our forever home, we were limited with colours for our build as they were set on a colourboard. can't wait to see it all come together!
Omg your frames are up!!! Woohoo!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Don't worry about the frames going up so soon. They did the same at my place and people told me it was fine, because the slab still cures even with the frame on

This photo was from yesterday but we went there this arvo and they are nearly done with the rest,
it was the first time I have walked through the house with the frame up and was so happy I could cry.
It was so surreal to see all the different rooms and it finally felt like it was finally all coming together off the plan and that this is my house <3
I was actually shocked at how big my kitchen window and stacker doors are! just goes to show I am shocking with looking at plans and measurements hahaha

Thank guys <3
After everything you've been through it just would have been unreal to walk through your frames

Looks huge

viewtopic.php?t=83643
It really was! I just want to go back again ?
Not long any you will be doing the same Hun ?
Yeah probably not great we designed/picked a house while living in such a tiny space with the 4 of us for over 2 years as we probably over compensated ?
Love those herringbone tiles, they look beautiful!

I grew up in Buccan for the first 22 years of my life! Such a fantastic area, so peaceful and calm. My parents still live there, they have 6 acres. I really miss acreage living.

Your build is going speedy! I've subscribed
Can't wait to see it progress!
So exciting, well done!

Follow our build with Express Two Storey (Ventura Group): http://tinyurl.com/jlykgph
Thanks so much that is why we love it here.. so peaceful!
We were at the house again today and said I could just sit there for hours it's so relaxing ?
Still more roof to be done but took a couple of photos today ?

sitting area left dining and looking out to alfresco

Kitchen and scullery to the right

My bedroom standing near the door looking out slider

Wow! Nice block and nice design and nice selections!

Best not show the wife your thread as this is pretty much the same concept as our other preferred house building option - 1. acreage house, 2. on acreage, 3. lots of kid and common spaces 4. large sewing room (this was the only thing that is a must-have)

All the best!
How utterly gorgeous!!! I bet you're absolutely stoked

viewtopic.php?t=83643
ruraldoc
Wow! Nice block and nice design and nice selections!

Best not show the wife your thread as this is pretty much the same concept as our other preferred house building option - 1. acreage house, 2. on acreage, 3. lots of kid and common spaces 4. large sewing room (this was the only thing that is a must-have)

All the best!

Thank you we searched for a plan that worked for us for so long and when we found this it was perfect for us ?

I checked out your house and it is amazing and your block is lovely!
I am sure your wife will love her house and her sewing room!
I have my home business stuff evewhere as we are squished in a tiny area with the inlaws so I can't wait for my own office lol
My partner has said he better not see any of my work stuff over the house, I think it's driving him nits too ?
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thank huni!
I can wait for yours to go up and see pics ? Are they thinking next week?
Ladybugs2
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thank huni!
I can wait for yours to go up and see pics
Are they thinking next week?

As soon as it's dry enough to for the truck to deliver the frames, but at this rate seems like the rain isn't going to let up

Anywho I'm just excited to see everyone else is progress

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum