Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 2 of 49
trimum
Uchiha
Hi Trimum

That's disappointing about tiles direct, we already did a preselection with Dons.

Would you mind reporting back on general size of selection range and sizes? I remember standard don selection for Sekisui was red dots, fairly big range and sizes ranged from 300x300, 300x450, feature strips, 200x600 plus more I think

Just back from Tiles Direct and I went with a fairly negative mindset but I was really surprised at the large range, lots of great choice with 300x300, 450x450 and 300x600. I don't think any feature strips are included but some of the prices I was quoted made them very cheap to have as extras.

This is one of the choices I liked for the main bedroom ensuite floor (450x450) against the vanity and benchtop colours
We have our 3 hr appointment at the end of march and looking forward to it, I feel far more relieved after today!!

Our Acacia build - viewtopic.php?t=86619

Yay! Glad that your found some good options!

Should we be worried about this much of water pooling on our slab?

trimum
Should we be worried about this much of water pooling on our slab?

I have three area of water pooling too. I just swept off with a large broom.
I don't think it matters unless there are deep pools (not level) or if it's fresh (which it isn't that new!)

Thanks for that, I will sweep off later tonight as I think we are due for more rain today! Was meant to have frames delivered yesterday, we had some wooden planks delivered but don't think these are the frames.

trimum
Thanks for that, I will sweep off later tonight as I think we are due for more rain today! Was meant to have frames delivered yesterday, we had some wooden planks delivered but don't think these are the frames.

I have frames but no carpenters!

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
shazaw
trimum

Oh no!! Have Burbank told you when the carpenters will start? our carpenters were meant to start today but can't imagine they have with no frames (unless they were delivered today) and then the rain has been shocking too, I will go and look tonight but expecting no progress

shazaw
trimum

I would have thought you would have the same carpenters that did our place and did the place across the road from us. it's a team of a two key guys. I don't know if I know their names but what's going on? Nothing has been happening anywhere at this stage due to the rain. You probably will get a spate of letters too about rain and how it will affect timeframes.
We have frames!!
And rain .... guess we will have to wait it out for a few days

trimum
We have frames!!
And rain .... guess we will have to wait it out for a few days

Yay for frames. Looks like your frames will be up before me.
cant wait to see these up but that will be dependent on carpenter availability and good weather I expect

Our Burbank Acacia build -https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86619
Hey trimum, went to Tile Direct preview today, told 300x600 was not included for our build. But I also noticed you had 'infinity inclusions', it's not something our nhc offered is though. Could this be why you have a bigger selection range?
Uchiha
Hey trimum, went to Tile Direct preview today, told 300x600 was not included for our build. But I also noticed you had 'infinity inclusions', it's not something our nhc offered is though. Could this be why you have a bigger selection range?

Maybe but I thought it was just what was allocated for Burbank builds in general. I have checked what tiles direct said and I have 300x600 written down as one of the options....they had to go away and check when we first went in and asked as Burbank had just contracted to them and they weren't completely sure at first what was in the builders range. We are going again in a couple of weeks time to choose our selections so will ask again. We weren't going to go with the 300x600 but will ask about those anyway and confirm what they say.

Ok yeah that will be great if you can please. Our appointment is scheduled at end of March.

Hmm what was part of the infinity inclusions if you don't mind?
Uchiha
Ok yeah that will be great if you can please. Our appointment is scheduled at end of March.

Hmm what was part of the infinity inclusions if you don't mind?

Lots of things...! Downstairs ceiling height, granite countertops, taps and showers, kitchen appliances (size and brand) and loads more...I would have to look back to all the paperwork, we were offered infinity inclusions for another $2000 at the time of contract and it was a bargain.
Tiles were not part of this though and we will have the standard builders options that all Burbank customers have. We chose as an upgrade to have floor to ceiling tiling in all bathrooms and all downstairs flooring to be tiled. We will carpet the bedrooms and stairs after handover.

Love your plan, especially the master bedroom layout

Following along, I hope the sun comes out

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Ohhh I see. So it's almost like a upgrade pack? That really is a bargain then at 2k for all those items plus more!
The only promotion going for us at the time was 'seize the dream'. They also had various Kitchen, Bathroom, interior/exterior upgrade packs too but ended up cheaper to upgrade each individual item at colour selection.

How has your SS been? Must be exciting framing is just around the corner!
Uchiha
Ohhh I see. So it's almost like a upgrade pack? That really is a bargain then at 2k for all those items plus more!
The only promotion going for us at the time was 'seize the dream'. They also had various Kitchen, Bathroom, interior/exterior upgrade packs too but ended up cheaper to upgrade each individual item at colour selection.

How has your SS been? Must be exciting framing is just around the corner!

Yes it was an upgrade pack we also got aircon included but I think everyone gets that. We have paid extra for floor coverings and driveway would have been good to get those included and I think we have paid more than we needed for them but will be good to get them done at the same time. I will list the inclusions in the infinity pack later and what extras we have upgraded.
Our SS (second one) has been ok so far although did not give us a weekly update last week I guess there has been so much rain he assumed we would know there wouldn't be anything to report!

charlibear
Love your plan, especially the master bedroom layout

Following along, I hope the sun comes out

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks charlibear I don't think I've ever obsessed about the weather as much

Are your frames up yet?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum