Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The ivy, Doreen

Page 2 of 14
thejuros
tanz1110

Thanks Juros. We will be most likely building with Henley but havent finalised. We were advised that land title will occur in early 2018 by Rhonda. our lot is 51#. Do you think land title info is correct?

Not too far from us ?. Their dates on titles are pretty accurate. Although ours has been pushed out by 2 months from late feb to now mid April. Xmas, wet weather ect it's to be expected but we went for a drive in there last week to see our block and Rhonda said that stage 1 had been sitting in the title office waiting for around 3 weeks... so that isn't something they can control or predict how long it takes.

Ps. The first number in your Lot number is what stage you are in. So if you are lot 510 for example, you are in stage 5.
I've purchased a block on stage 2 over 12 months ago now. I was originally told the land would settle in November of 2016. Then it pushed to February and then late march... It's now the end of April and it still looks like it could be weeks/months until it's titled and then settles. Very frustrating as then it could take months before the building permits are approved and signed off on. I went to the ivy a few days ago and it still looks like there is a lot of work to do in stage 2. So frustrating! If you are in the stages following stage 2 be prepared for delays!
ewalsh
I've purchased a block on stage 2 over 12 months ago now. I was originally told the land would settle in November of 2016. Then it pushed to February and then late march... It's now the end of April and it still looks like it could be weeks/months until it's titled and then settles. Very frustrating as then it could take months before the building permits are approved and signed off on. I went to the ivy a few days ago and it still looks like there is a lot of work to do in stage 2. So frustrating! If you are in the stages following stage 2 be prepared for delays!

We are in stage 2 also. We were told back at sales stage that stage 1 was meant to title December then stage 2 end of February. So they are running around a 3mnth delay. It's pretty typical of new estates to run behind.
We went a few days ago and all the blocks were pegged out and most were cleared they just need to finish the road I think.

It's soo annoying waiting as we purchased around a year age also
You must be in the hill side. I am on Sherwood way at the other end past the wetland. My block isn't pegged out yet and they havent started flattening it out or filling in. Apparently because your area is on higher ground it has had more progress as it dried quicker after rain. hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!
We are directly opposite the wetlands on Lincoln way, maybe they still do have a bit to do Then 😤
Our block hadn't been smoothed out either
Guys, can you please tell me how much you are paying for site cost for your block. We are doing with carlisle and have been quoted 11k
I'm building in Katandra Rise(not far) on a nearly flat block Carlilse quoted $18,000 and Henley was $7,000.

Thanks. Henley also quoted me $16k for same block. Does that depend on the size of block. What is the size of your block? My block is 637 sqm
My block is only 400sqm and the footprint is 26sq, it's amazing how much fixed site costs vary. You do have the option of not fixing but it's a bit of a gamble.

tanz1110
Thanks. Henley also quoted me $16k for same block. Does that depend on the size of block. What is the size of your block? My block is 637 sqm

We are with porter Davis and our block is 14m x 30 with minimal fall (300ml) and ours is sitting at $20,000... we do expect ours to come down when our second soil test is done once the land titles.
Porter Davis don't do fixed site costs so we risked it, they included screw piles and an over engineered slab just in case in that price.
Your site costs depends on fall on the land, what soil quality is like, if they use fill on the block, the more fill the more it costs ect. So many variables
thejuros
ewalsh

We are in stage 2 also. We were told back at sales stage that stage 1 was meant to title December then stage 2 end of February. So they are running around a 3mnth delay. It's pretty typical of new estates to run behind.
We went a few days ago and all the blocks were pegged out and most were cleared they just need to finish the road I think.

It's soo annoying waiting as we purchased around a year age also

Stage 3 for us... Same boat, first March 2017 now sometime in June mid or July start.. but the way things are looking I would be surprised if it went into August or September. We are building with Burbank and have a Fixed site cost of 11500, but then our place had an easement on the side which requires extra pegging to get a 2 storey house
. We are a bit worried as the builder quote is only valid to september and well if by chance we dont engage with them another 1500 to keep it valid!!
I am building with a custom builder and they have fixed my site costs at $9000. I'm on a smaller block 309m sq and building only a 17sq home. I had homebuyers centre quote me on the same block with the same sized home for $18,000 in site costs. I don't know why there are some many discrepancies between builders.
Similar to you all...we purchased in Riverstone next to Ivy in 2015, told titles would be July 2016 however it only titled this month!
Our site costs for 512sq block are fixed at $11,500 for 29 Sq house.
The only good thing about the delay is that similar blocks to ours are now about 30k more to purchase today than 2 years ago. So i suppose some slight appreciation in block value.
Hi all,

Went to the estate yesterday and they were still working on the roads in stage two at 5pm! That's the first time I've seen workers there that time on a Friday arvo. Street signs are all in too! Looks like they are doing the last surface layer of the roads. That is a good sign! Hopefully not too long to go now.
wale
Hi all,

Went to the estate yesterday and they were still working on the roads in stage two at 5pm! That's the first time I've seen workers there that time on a Friday arvo. Street signs are all in too! Looks like they are doing the last surface layer of the roads. That is a good sign! Hopefully not too long to go now.

They were levelling out/ scraping all of the blocks this morning! It can't come soon enough!
Hi everyone, we have purchased in Stage 5A and looking to build with Porter Davis Homes. When we purchased they said titles would be released around first quarter of 2018, has anyone had updates on this timeframe? It sounds like they might be delayed on all stages!

Cheers,

Brad
Hi Brad, We are also in Stage 5A. I spoke to Rhonda one month before and she mentioned that will be ready by late this year around Nov/Dec. But looking at other stages, I think it will be pushed out for us too.

We are building with Carlisle and locked in pricing for 12 months. We hope it gets titled during the same time frame.
Thanks Tanz, we haven't been down to see the progress for a while, might head down on the weekend to have a look
BradC
Hi everyone, we have purchased in Stage 5A and looking to build with Porter Davis Homes. When we purchased they said titles would be released around first quarter of 2018, has anyone had updates on this timeframe? It sounds like they might be delayed on all stages!

Cheers,

Brad

I rang her today to ask something else and asked her how they were tracking and she said stage 2 is looking like early July for title. So almost 5months behind
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum