Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 MK1 St George Area NSW

Page 2 of 11
Oh. Ok. It looks like a big home
Moot
Oh. Ok. It looks like a big home
its designed to fit on a narrow block but it is still a big home. We chose it because we want to have lots of room so the kids have space as they grow into teenagers. We also have relatives who come to stay.

Looking good Fee! Looks like it's moving along for you. Hope the weather holds out 👍

This rain is terrible. We handed over our block to Rawson back on the 16th December and still we have not got the frames up. They are all just sitting, along with the windows, on the block getting rained on. I hope that we are first on the list for when the sun decides to stick it's head back out or we are going to be waiting a very long time...
We have a ground floor. They put the frames up over the last couple of days. It's starting to feel real. I am concerned that they are storing the windows on top of our swimming pool cover though.

Good to see some progress! I can see all the outlines of the rooms!

The rain looks to be clearing up so hope it all speeds up..
Thanks Sydneysider! We hope so too

Good to see your ground floor is up, you site looks just like my very muddy. When did your carpenters started on your site. Did they give you estimated time to finish frames?

The Rawson Home being build around the corner from my place nearly finish bricking. So your build and my build is not far for bricking to start.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Hi Shazaw, it is muddy.
They started on Thursday and did a day and a half of work to get the frame up. They told our inspector it should be 6 weeks before he is due for a frame inspection.
Your place is looking like it is coming along also. Exciting times

Hi Fee121, it's great to see it's making progress for you...
Did you manged to get your broken pod sorted out? Thanks!
AIB
Hi Fee121, it's great to see it's making progress for you...
Did you manged to get your broken pod sorted out? Thanks!

Hi AIB , No we just left it. I don't know if it's a problem or not. I figured it probably isn't since they pour cement all over it, but???

Wow it's starting to look like a house

We went away over Easter
and we were told they would have the plumbing done, site cleaned and bricks delivered and started by the time we got back. Arrived home yesterday and the plumbers were just finishing up. We spoke to the safety officer on site and he spoke very highly of our SS. I guess I would prefer things to be done properly rather than rushed. I just get excited

Good news that you plumbing is done, another step completed as long as they keep working on something

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Bricks have arrived. We chose Austral Bricks Truffle. They look a bit more purple than I thought. I hope they look good 🤞🏻

Awesome Bricks on site!!

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
The bricks are going up. They finished all that had been delivered on Tuesday. No movement since. I have included a pic of our colour choices also.

The brick colour looks great. They always look different once layed and set in mortar. How come you didn't put steps off the alfresco into the yard?

Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum