Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Off white mortar

Page 2 of 3
I hope that they give CB as standard as the house that we have chosen is a prestige house, still the csc said that CB is an upgrade. was yours a single story or a double story house? i am under the impression that PD gives this as standard on double story houses but upgrade on single story.
homeishome
I hope that they give CB as standard as the house that we have chosen is a prestige house, still the csc said that CB is an upgrade. was yours a single story or a double story house? i am under the impression that PD gives this as standard on double story houses but upgrade on single story.

What????? I actually don't know the answer to that, as we're building a Prestige double storey, but I just assumed it would be standard on all 'Prestige' houses!!! Mind you, I sometimes wonder why they bothered calling it "Prestige".......
I totaly agree with you Petal
Really there is no difference in PD's liestyle r Prestige house except from exuberant base price. All the standard inclusions are the same.
Really i am over the 'upgrade' word now.
Phewww....
I'm building a Prestige single story & colorbond is standard.

I find it silly that any builder even uses zincalume guttering because there is a significant cost in painting zincalume that makes up for the difference in price. Seriously I know someone who did it and once you buy the paint it makes up the difference in price. As for plain zincalume on its own thats fine for industrial purposes but no one would ever use it on a house these days.

It just seems like one of those things people automatically upgrade to me.
Thanks for everyone's replies.
This is a real rip off if they ask some of the customers that CB is an upgrade and for some its not. I belive these builders need to get their facts right. Will talk to CSC and will let you know about the progress about my new fight with them about CB
Update

i had my colour appointment today. the colour consultant didnt mention anything at all about the colourbond but when i asked she advised that it s an upgrade and costs approx $1500

Now this is too much and i think its too much overpriced. This has actually shaken some of my budget for other things that i wanted to get for this money. As i suppose i cant do without Colour Bond gutters and Fascias
Definitely get the upgrade!!!! It will cost you more than that to get them repainted the first time. And they will need to be repainted!!!

No colourbond is absolutley bloody ridiculous!

Jo
I'm confused.....we are building with PD Lifestyle double storey and CB was standard for us. The guttering and fascia only went up in the last week or so and it's definitely colorbond!
I have a feeling the CB was part of the upgrade package that was later changed. When I signed up it was 21k of extras for 3k. Now it's a different package for a different price. Some things were added such as bifold doors (big bonus there) and some things deleted. So I'd say that people building right now got it as an upgrade and for other people with the new package it's an option. Thats a bit of a guess but I'd say thats the reason...
What the?????? So they build a house that they label "Prestige" and it doesn't even come with something as basic as Colorbond gutters/fascias/downpipes????????????
That's ridiculous!!! But, then again , so are many,many other things in their little world
Mozzie
I have a feeling the CB was part of the upgrade package that was later changed. When I signed up it was 21k of extras for 3k. Now it's a different package for a different price. Some things were added such as bifold doors (big bonus there) and some things deleted. So I'd say that people building right now got it as an upgrade and for other people with the new package it's an option. Thats a bit of a guess but I'd say thats the reason...

I'm pretty sure that the CB was a standard inclusion, but you have me thinking now
Will check my paperwork.
yeah thats true, also for the people signed up for single story make sure to ask your csc about the CB as the colour consultant didnt advise by herself that its not cb, she just started to discuss the colours for fasias, gutters and downpipes and the colours to be painted were the same as CB, it was until i specifically mentioned that "is it in CB" thats when she broke the ice and said that CB IS AN UPGRADE
I'm wondering if CB is standard for double storey home and not single? Seeing as it would be a job and a half to repaint the zinc if on a double storey.
Ha! beat you to it

It's in the 'Porter Davis living package - 21k of extras for 2999'

'CB facias, gutters and downpipes in lieu of zinc - $1096.'

So I guess it was never a standard inclusion for PD homes. All you can do is feel bad for the people who paid 5k to upgrade to bifold doors when it's now thrown in under the new package (or was)..

EDIT - darn it - too slow...
okay, now it's getting down to the nit and gritty.......

Just got my paperwork out, under Porter Dav*s Lifestyle Point of Difference Inclusions: it states:

Colorbond fascia, gutter and downpipes.

This is different to our promo which we paid $999 for in the last few weeks of it being offered. I think we got CB because we are double storey.

Okay, just also got my booklet out that I got on my first visit to our display. In the Point of Difference Inclusions page it says:

Additional Double Storey -

Colorbond fascia, gutter and downpipes
2590mm high ceilings ground floor only
feature fixed panel vanity with round counter top basin to powder room

Must be standard for double and not for single. It would be one thing that I would be cross about having to upgrade. I refused to upgrade my bricks, lucky there was ONE that we liked in Cat. 1. We did pay to upgrade our roof tiles to cat 3 but at $1100 I didn't think it was that much. I actually do sometimes wonder if they only charged us for cat 2 and in some of our paperwork it says cat 2 and then changes to cat 3
I wouldn't be surprised if they DID make that mistake, Toni - our tiles were sooo expensive - way more than $1100. I can't remember what cat they are, and they're Monier, not Boral, so maybe more exi to start with (?) but still, the diff in $$ is HUGE!!!

Still can't get over the Colorbond not being standard on at LEAST all "Prestige" houses......
Yeah, i am happy for you all if you have CB as a part of promotion or standard inclusion is double storey.
Believe me $1500 for CB seems too much when all other builders offer it as standard and according to me its a necessity.
homeishome
Believe me $1500 for CB seems too much when all other builders offer it as standard and according to me its a necessity.

Absolutely agree with you on that one!

petal
I wouldn't be surprised if they DID make that mistake, Toni - our tiles were sooo expensive - way more than $1100. I can't remember what cat they are, and they're Monier, not Boral, so maybe more exi to start with (?) but still, the diff in $$ is HUGE!!!

Yeah I know you paid alot more for your tiles. When I look at our tender it says "colour on cat 2", then somewhere through our variations it says "colour through Cat 3" We did discuss the colour through at H/toun and did say we would like it, I think I preferred the Gunmetal colour in cat 2 as it seemed darker but then we also liked the Charcoal Grey in cat 3. I remember our consultant saying that the evap cooling unit would be in charcoal grey so it would match. Anyway, they are up now and I really like them so I'm happy. I've also received another little freebie well about 10 of them actually.......sshhhhhh
now i am jealous HTB
Just kidding!!!!! good on you
Quote:
I've also received another little freebie well about 10 of them actually.......sshhhhhh

ssshhh......
can you tell me what are those?
Related
21/03/2024
White sand for mortar

Building A New House

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

20/06/2023
San Selmo Reclaimed Original - Mortar Joint

Building A New House

Hi, I am planning to select San Selmo reclaimed original for the fascade of my build. I have seen many photos on line of the brick varying from a rustic to a neat finish.…

1/12/2023
Mortar holes/gaps in a 10yo townhouse - are these bad?

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place - I’m new to the property/building journey (trying to buy my first home) so not sure where/who to go with these sorts of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum