Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

stage 19 - Aston - Craigieburn

Page 2 of 3
Our builder advised us that they'll do the site start around April /May , what's your plan ?

We are expecting to start straight after settlement. I'm hoping that the concrete pad will go down before the end of Jan. You guys excited?
PeddarWay1941
We are expecting to start straight after settlement. I'm hoping that the concrete pad will go down before the end of Jan. You guys excited?

Best of luck for the site start.Pretty thrilled as we have our selection appointment next week:)

You will have such a great time at colours selection. Just make sure you take your time. We were there for for 6 hours
PeddarWay1941
You will have such a great time at colours selection. Just make sure you take your time. We were there for for 6 hours

Hectic day but good relief at the end. Did our electricals, heating cooling upgrades, exterior interior designing ,colours today.
Tomorrow will do the kitchen, tiling, flooring

That is fantastic, now the hardest part will be trying to be patient before build start. We are chomping at the bit wanting to build. The way everything is going hopefully we have something started in December
Hi PeddarWay1941

We're building with Orbit homes too. We also built with Orbit, 8 or 9 years ago and we were very happy with the result.

Did you deal with Lindy for the purchase? We did and she was really great!

We should start building over the next few weeks in Merrifield not too far away from our current home which is in Craigieburn. Our permits have finally been approved. I can't wait. Good luck with your build. Do you know who you're building supervisor will be?
Hey Joelleg6,

We dealt with Lindy she is amazing made everything so easy. We should start building in the next week. All the approvals came through end of December so now we are just waiting for the builders to come back from holidays. So nice to hear that someone else built with Orbit. We have Scott as our supervisor we had a catch up with him last year seems like a really nice guy.
He was our building supervisor last time we built 9 years ago. He did a good job then. Looking forward to seeing your house come up.
What Orbit home model are you building?
Acacia, floor plan but chevron internal if that make sense lol
Ah cool same as our floor plan! Good choice! he he
Howdy from another neighbour in Stage 19! Newhouse2 we are on Precedence drive too! Building with Carlisle homes, done with colour appointment and set to Tender/Contract next month! How fast has Stage 19 progressed with so many homes coming close to completion?!!
Hey Astoria, Welcome to our little group. Stage 19 is growing so fast, every weekend that we go there is another house on the way to being built.
Do they have an ETA of when they will start building your home yet?
Aston19
Hey Astoria, Welcome to our little group. Stage 19 is growing so fast, every weekend that we go there is another house on the way to being built.
Do they have an ETA of when they will start building your home yet?

Thanks Aston19. They say May and that they're fasttracking us through from Tender to Contract. So we'll see how we go! How far are you?
That's great. We have just finished frame stage. So couple more months for us. Hopefully by September
Welcome Astoria , our build will also start in May.There are couple of Carlisle homes building on precedence drive.
Aston 19 , every weekend when I go for drive I see new builds coming up , progressing very fast

I know it is fantastic to see. Cant wait to see what the field will look like
Just sending a happy Easter message to our Aston group. Hope you all have a great day.
Thanks Aston and same to you and your family.

Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum