Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis double storey

Page 2 of 4
Newhouse22
Going next week for WOS appointments any suggestions ?

would love to know how your appointment goes, mine are next week.
dc_1985
Newhouse22

would love to know how your appointment goes, mine are next week.[/quote

Did electrical,external/internal designing, flooring , taps , colours doors etc today and it was fun . The staff was very helpful and gave lot of options . Tomorrow is the kitchen culture, tiling , blinds etc ,fingers crossed as kitchen may disrupt our budget.

Newhouse22
dc_1985
Newhouse22

would love to know how your appointment goes, mine are next week.[/quote

Did electrical,external/internal designing, flooring , taps , colours doors etc today and it was fun . The staff was very helpful and gave lot of options . Tomorrow is the kitchen culture, tiling , blinds etc ,fingers crossed as kitchen may disrupt our budget.

All done and dusted, happy with the outcome . Let me know if you have any questions.

Hows everything going DC?
Newhouse22
Hows everything going DC?

not too bad so far, we had our tender app last week and contract signing on the 11 Jan.what about you? what stage are you at?

our site start is meant to be Feb 2017
Tender done last week of November and contract in mid February and site start in April/May. Our land titled end of November in Aston craigieburn.

Newhouse22
Tender done last week of November and contract in mid February and site start in April/May. Our land titled end of November in Aston craigieburn.

Seems like a long time between tender, contracts & site start? Are these dates you wanted?
When we paid initial deposit in October ,Porter Davis were not able to do site start before April. Contract date was available in January but we will be overseas so we requested contract date in mid Feb.

interesting prices for upgrades. We have never looked at PD as their base prices were a fair bit higher than than some of the other builders we were looking at and not as many features. Simple things like stone bench tops are not included in their base inclusions.

But some of the upgrades were quite cheap, So maybe we need to have a look at PD and get a quote
Hi Stayxtrue we got stone benchtop in inclusions but category 1 which you can upgrade later. They always have promotions going on.
I understand the base price is on a higher side but in terms of quality/customer service they are very good.

Does anyone know how PD work out the tile costs?? When we ewnt for a look last week, we were looking at tiles, the lady there was really helpful. I asked how the pricing works with upgrading tiles, she said you pay the difference in the price between the standard inclusion tile and the one you're upgrading to. That makes perfect sense, however the tiles we looked at she told me the difference in price is $95 per sqm, I have checked the cost of these tiles at national and they are only $59 per sqm??? There was others she gave prices for and they were also almost double what the tile costs.

At first I thought they may be charging (a lot) extra for the tiling, but surely they have already factored in the cost of tiling with the standard inclusion tiles (tiles are included in our promo).
Likely the difference in the tiling cost includes any additional labour costs as well (ie. if they're larger tiles, or very small - will take longer, therefore the difference is in labour).

How is everyone's builds going?

I'm looking at the Madison 45 myself, and the lists in this thread is extremely valuable!
Welcome to the Madison club fademan. Our slab just got done last week .Have you signed or just looking at this stage?

Newhouse22
Welcome to the Madison club fademan. Our slab just got done last week .Have you signed or just looking at this stage?

still in the just looking stage, but arranging finance now.

We spent quite a few hours with a salesperson going through all the things we'd like to include, and the build quote came out to $610k. Gulp!

Seems over the top. The biggest hits was flooring (25k allowance...we don't want quad around our skirting!) , and 70k WOS allowance...seems high based on what I'm seeing here.

These were the options

- extended lounge
- extended alfresco
- ensuite to bed 4
- soaker to ensuite

- high ceilings
- refrigerated cooling
- double glazing
- NO quad flooring
-20k electrical
-70k WOS
-40k site costs
-10k zone 4 tax

It adds up so quickly, will need to make some cuts!

Any suggestions around the flooring to avoid quad? And the WOS / electrical seems too high?

fademan
Newhouse22

still in the just looking stage, but arranging finance now.

We spent quite a few hours with a salesperson going through all the things we'd like to include, and the build quote came out to $610k. Gulp!

Seems over the top. The biggest hits was flooring (25k allowance...we don't want quad around our skirting!) , and 70k WOS allowance...seems high based on what I'm seeing here.

These were the options

- extended lounge
- extended alfresco
- ensuite to bed 4
- soaker to ensuite

- high ceilings
- refrigerated cooling
- double glazing
- NO quad flooring
-20k electrical
-70k WOS
-40k site costs
-10k zone 4 tax

It adds up so quickly, will need to make some cuts!

Any suggestions around the flooring to avoid quad? And the WOS / electrical seems too high?

We are to building the Madison 45 our quote is around 515k we haven't been to WOS yet but have lots of allowances for kitchen etc..

We have tender coming up in a few weeks and I am trying to work out windows in kitchen butler and dining hubby and I have different ideas!
Any suggestions would be great 😂
Madison45
We have tender coming up in a few weeks and I am trying to work out windows in kitchen butler and dining hubby and I have different ideas!

Those windows are tough - the Madison display has a large window along the side next to the kitchen (with cabinets along the bottom), and I think the Butlers pantry window is different in the display..and a windowed splashback.

I think for that side of the home, it really depends on what you'll be seeing. No point investing in big windows if all you will see is a timber fence

I'm also not a fan of the window splash-back in the kitchen. Would be an absolute pain to keep clean.

The only things we're thinking of adding is another window in the Living space (the plan only has one).
It makes the room feel more symmetrical.

We are also thinking about adding the larger window in the butlers (and the overhead cupboards).
One more thing, we visited world of style on Saturday.

The tiling was cat 2 was $20 - 40 extra and cat 3 40-60 extra....only where you had tiles in the plan. If you wanted to tile a wall that was plaster, then you pay the full amount.

There were Spanish tiles and decorative tiles there in an unclassified category, meaning $100+ extra ontop.

Hope this helps.
fademan
Madison45

Those windows are tough - the Madison display has a large window along the side next to the kitchen (with cabinets along the bottom), and I think the Butlers pantry window is different in the display..and a windowed splashback.

I think for that side of the home, it really depends on what you'll be seeing. No point investing in big windows if all you will see is a timber fence

I'm also not a fan of the window splash-back in the kitchen. Would be an absolute pain to keep clean.

The only things we're thinking of adding is another window in the Living space (the plan only has one).

We are also thinking about adding the larger window in the butlers (and the overhead cupboards).

Thanks fademan, hopefully we will both agree on the windows soon! 🤣 we are also adding the extra wondow in living space.
fademan
One more thing, we visited world of style on Saturday.

The tiling was cat 2 was $20 - 40 extra and cat 3 40-60 extra....only where you had tiles in the plan. If you wanted to tile a wall that was plaster, then you pay the full amount.

There were Spanish tiles and decorative tiles there in an unclassified category, meaning $100+ extra ontop.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, its good to know the prices 😊
Madison45
fademan
Madison45

Thanks fademan, hopefully we will both agree on the windows soon! 🤣 we are also adding the extra wondow in living space.

As there is no outside light on the kitchen side we have done this.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum