Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eliston Estate - Clyde, Melbourne

Page 2 of 12
johnsalt
Hi guys. We bought a block in the Spring release back in March. We were told that the land would title in December. Got a call from our solicitor a few weeks back. He mentioned that its being delayed until next year May or so...really disappointed...

Welcome neighbour, our solicitor advised the blocks in the Mayune release were scheduled for title in May or June. I'm guessing once the harvest release (stage 1) titles everything else should be pretty quick afterwards.

The developers say they're waiting for the council to issue a statement of compliance so they can have it registered at land Victoria.

On the bright side at least your release is not in the bushfire zone anymore. Save you having to fork out $4000+ in your build.

firsttime_homies1401
johnsalt
Hi guys. We bought a block in the Spring release back in March. We were told that the land would title in December. Got a call from our solicitor a few weeks back. He mentioned that its being delayed until next year May or so...really disappointed...

Welcome neighbour, our solicitor advised the blocks in the Mayune release were scheduled for title in May or June. I'm guessing once the harvest release (stage 1) titles everything else should be pretty quick afterwards.

The developers say they're waiting for the council to issue a statement of compliance so they can have it registered at land Victoria.

On the bright side at least your release is not in the bushfire zone anymore. Save you having to fork out $4000+ in your build.

Hey there neighbour!

That's a relief about the bushfire zone...is there a site where I can see such info? The land.vic site still shows Eliston is within the bushfire zone..
That's so disappointing for you johnsalt. Fingers crossed it gets a move on and starts running to schedule! I guess all we can all do is hope for the best!

Not too worried about the bushfire requirements. It includes things we'd have to pay out for regardless - our builder quoted over $2k for flyscreens alone!
Hey John I just go to the land Victoria page and it states from Eliston Ave to Selino Dr all the way past Hartleigh all lots north of that don't need the levy.

As you stated most of Eliston is still in the zone.

One of the builders we were looking at had flyscreens as a bonus inclusion and the bushfire levy was still $4500 so we questioned that.

Great news for harvest release stage one. Registration sent to land Victoria 15/11/16. SPEAR website advised title occurs 1-2 weeks after lodgement to Land Victoria.
Can't wait to see houses pop up in the Estate

That's exciting news! Thank you for the update l!

Main entrance is looking good.

Thanks for the update mate!
Hello to my Eliston Estate neighbors.
Just purchased land in this Estate. Our Land doesn't title till Aug -17 so will give us a chance to see the place grow and start to develop.
Paul
PWCC
Just purchased land in this Estate. Our Land doesn't title till Aug -17 so will give us a chance to see the place grow and start to develop.
Paul

Welcome neighbour,

It's good to finally be able to speak to people who have bought into the estate.

Which release did you buy in? We are in the Mayune release and our land is expected to title in May 2017 but I'm not holding my breath.

Checked the SPEARS website and stage one application has been received and lodged by Land Victoria as of 22/11/16.

Once they get going hopefully the next stages have no issues.

firsttime_homies1401
PWCC
Paul

Welcome neighbour,

It's good to finally be able to speak to people who have bought into the estate.

Which release did you buy in? We are in the Mayune release and our land is expected to title in May 2017 but I'm not holding my breath.

We purchased in the Centrepiece release... was told that our title date of Aug-17 should stand, but they had suffer a very wet winter and had fallen behind by a few months getting the first couple of stages done but have managed to claw back sometime but are still a month behind... so I have to see if winter of 2017 is going to also be a wet one ... but not in any major rush, will allow me to a little more saving happening so we can get all the gooddies we want in the house...
We want the land to title for the majority but secretly hoping for 2-3 month delay for the same thing to save a bit more $$$.
Who have you gone with building wise if you don't mind me asking.

At the moment boutique Homes is top of my list, but there is a Fairhaven home that I like too and also a porter Davis home that I dont mind .. my mind is a sea of confusion at the moment, trying to juggle our must have and nice to have, but not blowout the budgets as well ...
We pretty much brought a new book shelf to hold all the different builder display books.
We ended up narrowing it to 3 builders and now 2 being Carlisle and Mainvue.
Our non negotiable upgrades list is getting bigger by the day so I understand your situation.

Hi PWCC!

The estate is starting to look great, did a drive by on the weekend. We are due to title Aug '17 but definitely hoping for ZERO delays haha!!

Sorry couldn't help myself such a good day had to go and see the

Hello

We purchased land from the Mayune release a few months ago. Interested in seeing other peoples progress
I'm happy to create a Facebook page for everyone to join. May be a little easier to communicate and keep updated.
Let me know ??
Keeksandkenz
Hello

We purchased land from the Mayune release a few months ago. Interested in seeing other peoples progress

Welcome neighbour, i would have set up a Facebook page a while ago only problem is I think I'm the only one in Australia who doesn't have Facebook lol.
It would be great if you setup a page as a lot of fellow residents don't have tapatalk.
Sorry to be nosey but which lot did you purchase in the Mayune release.

Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum