Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charlibear's Build -Finally in!

Page 2 of 230
Totes gonna be your thread buddy!

Awesome plan... looking forward to watching your progress.
I just realised your colours are very similar to mine, especially your exterior and niche feature tile!

Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
hazza80
Awesome plan... looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks Hazza
vonsta76
I just realised your colours are very similar to mine, especially your exterior and niche feature tile!

I would have loved the eclipse brick but GJ Gardner doesn't only offers a select range

Is that brick in coral's standard range?

Oh I forgot to mention that I love the battens so much I am making a wall out of it, I am hopefully turning the family room wall near the entry into a timber screen like this, still waiting on pricing...

Omg do you know how sensational that is going to look?! What a fantastic idea! Is that from corals website lol

I forgot to say, yes the eclipse was from the standard range. I actually got the offwhite mortar for free, offered by the brickie himself when he phoned me personally to ask if I wanted it.

It's a GJ Gardner display house in North Brisbane. I am swooning over it
hopefully it's in the budget, who am I kidding I'll probably for it.

I seriously love that brick!! My brother in law built that a daydream with that brick and it is divine. The closest that GJ offer is Grey Stone by boral, but I didn't think it was dark enough, it is our second choice if the Blue Rio comes back at a ridiculous price

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
My eclipse bricks were just for the feature pillars but the rest of the house is in frost so couldnt afford to go offwhite with those bricks.

I love the daydream, i would have gone for that if a) i had a family big enough to justify the house size (its just me and my partner and pets) and b) I wasnt building this on my own lol

I cant believe that is from GJ! When i looked at their designs years ago, im sure they werent that nice! i should have revisited them when I decided to make the olunge and build. Yours is gonna look amazing, cant wait for yours to start

I forgot to post pictures, I went out to the block yesterday, the grass is a bit long needs to be slashed again

View from alfresco and rear of the house

View from the front

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Gorgeous!

Beautiful, looks like Federal!

Thanks Dee, I just adore going out there. Even though nothing is happening, I take out a pop up chair and a good book and set up under the tree while my little terror runs about and tires herself out lol.

Oh Von, Federal is a slice of untouched heaven! I hope they never open developments out there and just leave it beautiful

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Thanks Dee, I just adore going out there. Even though nothing is happening, I take out a pop up chair and a good book and set up under the tree while my little terror runs about and tires herself out lol.

Oh Von, Federal is a slice of untouched heaven! I hope they never open developments out there and just leave it beautiful

viewtopic.php?t=83643
it most certainly is like heaven. My partner's dad lives out there with a 50 acre property and his mum lives in byron. Love getting down there when we can. Whereabouts on the north coast are you?

Love the plan you are building. Your en suite will be to die for. I love a good bath (they are not very practical here in Townsville). I would never get out of it.

I also love the batten's. We were going to have light coloured ones in our GJ Gardner similar to the Townsville show home but they were $5k so have built up a 900mm tall wall with the aim of adding batten's at a later date above.
We currently live in Lismore about 40 mins south west of Byron.

Thanks Townsville, I am most excited about the ensuite

I thought the timber screen would be along the lines of 5k but really not sure why they are so much when I am taking out a whole wall so the frame and plaster etc... But I'll my darnedest to fit it in my budget

viewtopic.php?t=83643

The ones in our show home...

Hi Charlibear, Thought I would check out your thread! Love your colour choices and your land is sensational!! We have been in the country this weekend so beautiful and relaxing!!
All the best with your build, exciting times
townsvillebuyer

The ones in our show home...

Ooh I like those Townsville! They just add a something special to the house
A J B
Hi Charlibear, Thought I would check out your thread! Love your colour choices and your land is sensational!! We have been in the country this weekend so beautiful and relaxing!!
All the best with your build, exciting times

Hey AJB,

Thanks! I just want time to hurry up lol. I can't wait to start but I've still got a bit to wait

The fresh air in the country does wonders for you, just clears the mind
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum