Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Monterey Belle Q2

Page 2 of 5
That's my local display. It's the regular 2570mm

Had our Tender and contract appointments today. I must say that Henley were super professional and thorough. There was no hard sell with trying to push any extras on us. Such a relief to have signed the contracts!

The following are a couple of items that came up:

- Although our street is not listed in a bushfire prone area, we still have the $4000 bushfire provision listed. Hopefully this comes back as a credit at the end.

- We have a preliminary allowance addes to meet the 6 star energy requirements. Apparently due to the siting of our house. We won't know the extent of the cost until soil tests are complete.

With the addition of a few upgrades (toilets, kids retreat timber flooring and other fittings) we've decided to remove the ducted air con. At just over $12k, we've decided that this is too expensive and a luxury. We will install some split systems post handover. Any energy efficiency experts on here that know the best locations for these and how many we may need? (refer to our siting drawing shown).

We've also asked for a credit on the Dishwasher and will install our own post handover.

We have the electrical appointment in a months time. I would appreciate any advice on what to consider (extra data and power points etc.)

Pirz
Had our Tender and contract appointments today. I must say that Henley were super professional and thorough. There was no hard sell with trying to push any extras on us. Such a relief to have signed the contracts!

The following are a couple of items that came up:

- Although our street is not listed in a bushfire prone area, we still have the $4000 bushfire provision listed. Hopefully this comes back as a credit at the end.

- We have a preliminary allowance addes to meet the 6 star energy requirements. Apparently due to the siting of our house. We won't know the extent of the cost until soil tests are complete.

With the addition of a few upgrades (toilets, kids retreat timber flooring and other fittings) we've decided to remove the ducted air con. At just over $12k, we've decided that this is too expensive and a luxury. We will install some split systems post handover. Any energy efficiency experts on here that know the best locations for these and how many we may need? (refer to our siting drawing shown).

We've also asked for a credit on the Dishwasher and will install our own post handover.

We have the electrical appointment in a months time. I would appreciate any advice on what to consider (extra data and power points etc.)

Well, you still have electrical appointment. More $$ to spend there. Unless you got plan to find someone outside.

Think about hdmi cable, network cable, floodlight, alarm and those stuff. Can cost alot

Pirz
That's my local display. It's the regular 2570mm

I just wonder if 2570 and 2700 really much different.

Hi Pirz,

Nice post and most of all nice house planning. Well done. I am also building in the same area and with same builder Henly homes.

I am trying to justify this garage set down for myself. May I know the advantages of having this please ?

Thanks.
Hi HN,

My apologies, only just seen your post.

The garage set down I think helps if you have a step driveway and generally just stops dirt coming in under the door.

I'm sure others are more knowledgeable. You could do a search on homeone for garage set downs to find out more.

Hi Pirz! Good to find another Henley thread. We are also building with them. Ours is Lexington Belle Q1. Have you started your build yet? We had our colour appointment last June 29, tender and contract appointments last July 29. Paid the 3% deposit yesterday and finally booked our electrical appointment which will be on Sept. 5. Those charges you mentioned were also discussed to us, bush fire, energy rating, wind classification, optic fibre, etc etc.
I did enjoy the whole process especially the colour selection. I was stressed all those days leading to it but the girls at Cosham have been really helpful. We actually have few similar selections! Here are the upgrades that we did for our home:
-belair facade with part render
-additional eaves (corner treatment)
-move in pack
-butlers pantry option
-alt. wir option
-double spa to ensuite
-colorbond boundary to brick wall
-86mm step down to garage
-cat 6 bricks
-square set cornice to whole house
-sound break wall batts and soundstop plasterboard to study
-front entry door pivot infinity
-translucent glass door to all internal doors except butlers (clear glass door)
-double glazed windows
-concealed canopy rangehood
-silk finish overhead cupboards
-island benchtop to 40mm
-soft closed bin
-kitchen sink & tap
-additional cupboards to ensuite
-toilet seats
-shower niches x 2
-freestanding bath to bathroom
-extended benchtop and cupboards to laundry
-deco tiles to powder room & ensuite
-timber flooring inc. masters
-luxury purple foam underlay for carpet
-roller blinds
-supreme electrical pack
-cold water point for fridge tap
-gas line to alfresco
-hot & cold waterpoint to alfresco
I really wanted the high ceiling but couldn't justify the price. Too steep for us.
Btw, have you had your electrical appointment? Kindly share what I needed to know so I can come up prepared. Thanks a lot!
belle_v2g
Hi Pirz! Good to find another Henley thread. We are also building with them. Ours is Lexington Belle Q1. Have you started your build yet? We had our colour appointment last June 29, tender and contract appointments last July 29. Paid the 3% deposit yesterday and finally booked our electrical appointment which will be on Sept. 5. Those charges you mentioned were also discussed to us, bush fire, energy rating, wind classification, optic fibre, etc etc.
I did enjoy the whole process especially the colour selection. I was stressed all those days leading to it but the girls at Cosham have been really helpful. We actually have few similar selections! Here are the upgrades that we did for our home:
-move in pack
-butlers pantry option
-alt. wir option
-double spa to ensuite
-cat 6 bricks
-double glazed windows
-island benchtop to 40mm
-soft closed bin
-kitchen sink & tap
-toilet seats
-shower niches x 2
-roller blinds
-supreme electrical pack
-gas line to alfresco
I really wanted the high ceiling but couldn't justify the price. Too steep for us.
Btw, have you had your electrical appointment? Kindly share what I needed to know so I can come up prepared. Thanks a lot!

With all the items you have, high ceiling still too expensive for you?

I wonder how much is that??

Electrical appointment you need to think of how many plug you need and where, light for outdoor, data port (for internet), TV antenna , TV point whether is lower or middle (depending you will have wall mount TV) .

Alarm system is also an option for you. This session can cost you few thousand if you add the alarm

Thanks zen41 for the idea regarding the electricals! Very much appreciated.
i don't know how much those upgrades are in total but i do not know which one to give up in lieu of the high ceiling just in case (will cost us around $6-7k). Probably the free standing bath that is around $2k?
Also, is it worth availing the supreme electrical package over the luxury package with a difference of 8 down lights? Price difference i think is $900.

belle_v2g
i don't know how much those upgrades are in total but i do not know which one to give up in lieu of the high ceiling just in case (will cost us around $6-7k). Probably the free standing bath that is around $2k?
Also, is it worth availing the supreme electrical package over the luxury package with a difference of 8 down lights? Price difference i think is $900.

In the electrical appointment , they will recommend you for down light too, be prepare for a bomb. Or start to think about which area or room do not need down light.

Floodlight outside for led with sensor is about 300+, 3led without sensor =300. Think about it.

More to think, which light need 2 way or 3 way. Which wall you want to have the switch. Which switch for which lights and etc

One thing for you to consider, down light under kitchen cabinet.

zen41
belle_v2g

In the electrical appointment , they will recommend you for down light too, be prepare for a bomb. Or start to think about which area or room do not need down light.

Floodlight outside for led with sensor is about 300+, 3led without sensor =300. Think about it.

More to think, which light need 2 way or 3 way. Which wall you want to have the switch. Which switch for which lights and etc

Thank you for the heads up zen41. I'm totally clueless about electrical stuff and the worse thing is I'm attending the appointment on my own since my husband is working that day (couldn't have a day off).

belle_v2g
zen41
belle_v2g

Thank you for the heads up zen41. I'm totally clueless about electrical stuff and the worse thing is I'm attending the appointment on my own since my husband is working that day (couldn't have a day off).

Better, spend as you wish . Hahaha

Hi! We're also building with Henley. Just want to check something, you've already signed your contract but electrical appointment is not until September. Will they be changing the contract after electricals? Just wondering about the process, thanks!

redpixel
Hi! We're also building with Henley. Just want to check something, you've already signed your contract but electrical appointment is not until September. Will they be changing the contract after electricals? Just wondering about the process, thanks!

If contract value is 300k, electrical appt has no additional, all good.

If got add on, out of your pocket.

If got deduction, a cheque to you.

Careful with what you add , you need to pay by yourself

zen41
redpixel

If contract value is 300k, electrical appt has no additional, all good.

If got add on, out of your pocket.

If got deduction, a cheque to you.

Careful with what you add , you need to pay by yourself

I see.. So can we add our additional lights, switches, and other electrical items on or before colour selection so that they'll be in the contract? Thanks!
redpixel

Hi redpixel!

I am not aware how it works as well. I need to ask them on the day of the appointment. Our contract is already over 300k, so more or less I won't be adding up some more especially now that our broker has started our application for the finance.

zen41
belle_v2g
-move in pack
-butlers pantry option
-alt. wir option
-double spa to ensuite
-cat 6 bricks
-double glazed windows
-island benchtop to 40mm
-soft closed bin
-kitchen sink & tap
-toilet seats
-shower niches x 2
-roller blinds
-supreme electrical pack
-gas line to alfresco

Electrical appointment you need to think of how many plug you need and where, light for outdoor, data port (for internet), TV antenna , TV point whether is lower or middle (depending you will have wall mount TV) .

Alarm system is also an option for you. This session can cost you few thousand if you add the alarm

I have an Alarm in my provisional quote. Does anyone know if an Alarm system can be installed after handover for a double storey? We've been quoted $1382. Or is this best to stay in to help with valuation?
spice girl
zen41
belle_v2g
-move in pack
-butlers pantry option
-alt. wir option
-double spa to ensuite
-cat 6 bricks
-double glazed windows
-island benchtop to 40mm
-soft closed bin
-kitchen sink & tap
-toilet seats
-shower niches x 2
-roller blinds
-supreme electrical pack
-gas line to alfresco

I have an Alarm in my provisional quote. Does anyone know if an Alarm system can be installed after handover for a double storey? We've been quoted $1382. Or is this best to stay in to help with valuation?

Not too sure, as I'm still waiting for mine to be built. Haha

belle_v2g
-move in pack
-butlers pantry option
-alt. wir option
-double spa to ensuite
-cat 6 bricks
-double glazed windows
-island benchtop to 40mm
-soft closed bin
-kitchen sink & tap
-toilet seats
-shower niches x 2
-roller blinds
-supreme electrical pack
-gas line to alfresco

Hi belle,

I've only just seen your post so apologies for the late response.

We haven't started our build yet. Still waiting for our land to title. Should hopefully be October, weather depending.

We had our electrical appointment about 5 weeks ago. We end up spending about an extra 4k on changes. This included extra downlights, additional switches, extra power and data points etc. About 2k of this also goes towards our pet friendly alarm.

The extra downlights were due to the fact that there would have been alot of dark spots throughout, even with what you get in the supreme pack. We also changed brightness of the led lights too. It all adds up unfortunately.

Anyway, I read your build. It sounds like you're going to have a lovely home with a lot of upgrades. I'll keep tracking your progress.

Hi pirz,
Thank you for your response. With the extra 4k spent on electricals, are you going to pay it off out of the pocket?

Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum