Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My Henley Personal Experience- I am so over it!

Page 2 of 2
Yeah it was Justin I dealt with & he was very dismissive.

I had a block of land already & approached them for the house. Trial siting done, colour appmt was 4 months in & tender was 5 months in. At tender was when they told me the house didn't fit. Had they told me at trial siting, I would have moved on or made different decisions. But 5 months in, I was so in love with the house already, couldn't imagine myself with another house. My husband & I was under so much stress & argued a lot about what to do next before we decided to purchase a new block to fit it & it costed more money. but henley pretty much said, tough luck, it was our decision to purchase another piece of land. They think "it's human error" and a "I'm sorry" is enough to compensate for everything

klubear
anh3t
klubear, that is ridiculous from such a big company but not at all far fetch. I'm also building with Henley. Having a lot of issues. If I didn't love the house design so much, I wouldn't stick with them
1) Was told some misleading information during the display home walked through only to be told it costs money during colour appointment
2) they take forever to get back to you with information
3) 5 months down the track at tender appointment, got hit with a surprise that the house don't fit on my land

We were so lost as what to do, how can they make such big mistake. Because we love the house so much, we purchased another piece of land which increased our mortgage massively.

Henley's general Manager was rude and arrogant. All we got from him was "I believe I already apologized to you for the mistake but won't be giving you any compensation"

OMG!!!!!
That is terrible!!!!? How could they not have realised it doesn't fit from the draft siting!!!??
I was originally told mine would not fit.. - by a metre.. so I went to another sales person and they said no problem!

So had you already bought the original block of land?? Or was it a package?
That is absolutely appalling!!!!!! that's no typing error!

I have been a little slack.. or FREEED-.. and have not updated this post...I had a positive experience with the GM- was it Justin you spoke to??
They have taken my issues seriously and are doing what they can.. though you can never ever make up for the stress and heartache of so much trouble. I'm feeling much better and the house will be finished soon.
WOW..
I would have stormed out and told them to go shove it!!
But... I understand.. once you have a house in your mind, and especially once you have selected the colors to suit it .. it's very hard to change!
What stage are you at now?
I am making amendments to tender doc & hopefully finalise it soon & get to contract. I want to move in by Xmas so I'm pushing them to move fast. It's ridiculous how slow their process is!

I hope your defects rectification is going good and you get to move in soon!

klubear
WOW..
I would have stormed out and told them to go shove it!!
But... I understand.. once you have a house in your mind, and especially once you have selected the colors to suit it .. it's very hard to change!
What stage are you at now?
I've just read all this, honestly you poor thing! It's just not right.

Very interesting they dont have social media pages either!!!
They are in the process of fixing things ... supposedly!!!
I am trying not to get my hopes up as I have not heard much since the meeting,.
I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your story klubear. Sounds like you have been under immense strain and I really hope things turn around for you soon.

I'm building with henley (contracts signed and just waiting on land to title now). You have opened my eyes to some things I will need to keep on top of.
Any updates?
therobdog
Any updates?

I have been in my house for 3 months now.. I absolutely adore it!!!
But my opinion of Henley remains the same dealing with the inspectors for Home Assurance.

Management made up for some of my trouble, but I still have to chase things up that should have been so easy.
My Oven and Hotwater were not installed until 5 days after handover- heater commissioned 6!!!!! Cold Showers and no heating not a great combo
There are cracks in my feature tiles- there is mould growing underneath the silicone in the shower- I can't get the grout clean from the filth of the builders.
I asked for an extra light installed for a future chandelier.. the rest of the lights in living area are LED.- the light was installed between dining room and kitchen..rather than to hang over dining table..
This was in the plans..I didn't pick up on it because I'd explained what the extra light was for so presumed they'd know where to put it.. .so I had to pay for it to be moved-
Power points were in the wrong place... oh.. look it goes on and on.

The over all quality of my house is good- my house is beautiful ( colors I chose against the advice of consultant) - but there are things you should just not have to deal with.,
Related
20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

20/05/2024
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hey Mate, I faced the same issue that you are facing. My builder left my house incomplete after going through liquidation. In…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum