Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is or has anyone built with Fairmont Homes SA?

Page 2 of 2
Sounds great havoc and I get what your saying. One of the reasons we built down this way was because we believe it will have future value as the south becomes more developed with the ocean on your door step. It was a toss of the coin between south and north as the metropolitan area is now too expensive for what you get.

Have you got a thread on here? How's your build progressing so far?

I would agree with what everyone is saying here. The sales people are great...until you sign then you hardly get a chance to ask anything. Communication is almost non existent unless you chase things up so keep on them when you think things should be ready (I.e. Soil report, footings, plans (which I am currently waiting for).

Our footings went up a heap. We had an extra $25k allowed for but the quote came in at $33k (H class soil KDRB 350 sq m). I asked a million questions but since you deal with the soil queries area, you don't get many satisfactory answers. They don't seem to know much considering they are the department that you have to talk to.

Anyway we will see how things pan out as costs are sky rocketing. We got them to quote up our custom plan at display spec and the costs have gone up so much since then. Like others have mentioned there are so many "hidden" costs that you would think that the sales people know about but don't mention at all.

I dont think the costs are so much hidden as unknown when building soil is what it is the tests can only confirm so much, whether you hit rocks or an ancient Indian burial ground is all dependent on luck in the end. With sterling our footings came in under budget so i got a credit for a 1000 dollars its definitely better to over quote thats for sure. I also got soil removal included in the quote from the start to I also had a copy of the councils requirements for the development which included increased cost for extra sound proofing due to being so close to the freeway so was able to add that into the quote from the start for thicker window glass and wider gyprock all around internal walls. I also got devine to send me a footing report from a neighbor of mine so new the soil was likely to be h1-h2 plus Fill and lots of movement from the clay and was able to get the salesman to add in the required amount of footings price to pay for there usually slab for that type of soil. So feel free to hit them all up for info.
We are building with Fairmont in Seaford Meadows. We signed a week ago and now are waiting anxiously for our footings costs. It is so nerve racking waiting to find out what the cost finally will be.

I did a bunch of research on this forum and made a spreadsheet of peoples soil, house size and final footings costs. Hopefully we have allocated enough.
If it makes you feel better MJT we are also building at Seaford Meadows and the Fairmont Sales Consultant was glad to fix our footings at $15000 for a 253m2 house.

We spoke to Fairmont just before the Seaford Heights Vista release and his words to us were and I quote 'we know the soil here at Seaford Meadows so I can guarantee a fixed footings price of $15000, however somewhere like Seaford Heights is still a mystery to us at the moment so I could only do contingency allowances."

Don't let the sales people bully you that would be my greatest advice to anyone starting to get quotes etc.

Blakeview land liebrook boulevard over the hill. I asked the sales person estimate he bill it 24000 then asked him you guys have build the home around that area what exact figure he said if goes furture will be only 3000 to 4000 no more then that. Need tips from all of you should i get all the selection now or wait till later . We dont want to choose stuff in rush so will sale person help with that to arange for selection thanks
Hey ronski, our footings were off by about what you have said , the soil in blakeview is not the best, don't forget you have to pay for soil removal , not sure what design you have gone with we are building a fairly large home 300sq total, with crappy soil so around 30 should be right with soil removal. We had included almost all upgrades in our quote so we avoided any surprises at selections, we upgraded oven cooktop range hood lights power points three coat paint extra brick columns gloss in the kitchen and bathrooms panel glide door ,front door, tap ware , door handles, built in robes, bricks upgrade, mortar upgrade, extra cabnitery In the laundry , fibre optic stuff, though they got that wrong so we have paid extra outside if the contract to have the house wired for the nbn stuff. sales person won't cover everything, I strongly suggest you go to supremes a few times and direct interiors so you can get an idea of what you want, make sure you take your time a final interview so you cover all you want. I still made mistakes and I felt obsessive in my checking and rechecking!
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum