Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Build with Redink @ SoR

Page 2 of 4
Just asked hubby re juction box. He said yes that it is
Thanks cc!

Grey float started today. CLO advised that it will be finish by end of this week and followed by white set and ceiling, the whole process will take typically 3 weeks. sigh... 3 weeks, it feels like toooooo long
Awesome
I hope it goes really quick for you.

Did yours also take the whole 3 weeks for grey float white set and ceiling Gilbert?

Hi Teresa. Yes it did take around 3 weeks. It normally goes quick up until lockup and then slows down. I found our whole build has gone really fast, can't believe we will be moving in next month. I think because we are living on site already it has been easier for us.

Really? Moving in next month already? Wow wow wow!!!!

Are you gonna use an independent inspector for pci?

Hi teresa, just been reading your thread, home
Looks great so far. I'm building with Redink aswell. I'm close to finishing soon hopefully. Yeh grey float ect usually takes a few weeks. Think that part of my build was the only part that went the quickest. Hope the rest ya build goes along cruisey. ☺️
Hi Teresa. No we aren't, as my husband is a carpenter and he is very pedantic. We have had no big issues with our build so far. ( Fingers crossed) Living on site has made it so much easier as we get to see what has been done every day and we are very happy with the workmanship. We have been very fortunate to have great tradies and a fantastic supervisior

Thanks robarcher_83. I guess I am a bit spoiled, since day one there's always something happen, almost every day! I think I should really cool myself down a bit.

Are you also moving in soon like Gilbert? Gee that got to be super awesome seeing the end of the road approaching!
Gilbert106
Hi Teresa. No we aren't, as my husband is a carpenter and he is very pedantic.

How handy is that! A carpenter husband and a concrete business. You can nearly build your home yourself
Yeah we would of loved to do owner build, but the banks don't like lending money as much to owner/builders!

Ah....I see, never thought of that

teresa.hsh
Thanks robarcher_83. I guess I am a bit spoiled, since day one there's always something happen, almost every day! I think I should really cool myself down a bit.

Are you also moving in soon like Gilbert? Gee that got to be super awesome seeing the end of the road approaching!

Hi, yeh hopefully mid to end of Feb. I thought I'd be more excited but this build has been soo long. Been 10months since slab. I'm more over it now, which is sad ? over sending angry emails asking y things are taking so long. My poor CLO who has to deal with them. She been great tho.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling less exciting now Robarcher83, do you have a thread here on your build? Don't seem to be able to find it. Are you also with redink?

Nah haven't done up my own thread. I should of done, Not the best at posting and using tapatalk to post pics tho Haha. I just go on every now and then and read others progress and see how long each stage took in there builds and try compare. Yeh I'm building with Redink.
No worries robarcher_83, just make sure you pop in here every now and then
I am only lucky to have some advices from former redinker.

Also when your house is all complete, would love to see some pics of it... no, actually, a lot of pics..
Grey float was done on Friday and we went and had a look today. They are pretty dry to me so hope white set will start soon.

All posts at front and rear are done.

Also found water leaking from a kitchen wall. Took a photo and emailed to redink hopefully it will be attended to soon.

Hope these photos don't bore everyone

Here's the leak in the kitchen wall:

Hi terrsa, yeh I'll still come on here every now n then and haha yeh I'll post some pics of house.
Yay for grey float. Hopefully white set gets done this week as been so hot grey will dry pretty quick.
Can't believe the leak aswell. Hope that gets sorted and fixed.
Just got an email from redink saying the leak has been attended to and will be monitored through the next few days.

Good on them acting promptly. Thumbs up for the ss!

Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum