Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ryalls - Coral Homes Noosa 26 - Leaking ensuite??

Page 2 of 147
Ryalls_first_build
manderinne
Your plan looks great! We just finished building the Noosa 29 in Brisbane but cut down the plan to 26 squares, so the same size as yours. We also went with sublime teak/white/osprey combo for our colours. It will be great to see it with a cool white on the walls - we went with natural whhite but lexicon quarter for the woodwork and doors. Anyway, I will be following your build, best of luck!

Thanks!! Your thread / colours have been a big inspiration to me
If I hadn't showed my husband a pic of your kitchen there is no way he would have agreed to the sublime teak up top lol Did that add to the cost much? If you don't mind me asking?

I'm having grey tiles so I don't know if i'm making the right choice with the cool white walls... I don't want it to throw too much blue.. I've been googling the colour components of white - Wow now i'm definitely confused lol

Oh wow, that's a compliment
my turn to blush haha. It wasn't much, we did pay extra for horizontal woodgrain but in hindsight I would have gone the standard vertical because they can't guarantee the grain will be aligned. I'll check my colour variation... okay so we had it included in the kitchen and it cost $270 to have sublime teak in both bathrooms and laundry with horizontal woodgrain. Cheaper than expected.

Which tiles are you going for? Can't remember if you said that already. A subtle cool white like lexicon will work well I think - it's a pure white with black tint, no blue (from what the painter told me).
Also here's a thread where they used sublime teak on the overhead cabinets and white underneath in the kitchen: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73918
manderinne
Also here's a thread where they used sublime teak on the overhead cabinets and white underneath in the kitchen: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73918

Thanks so much for the link! Absolutely love that house.... I spent 2 hours reading the whole thread lol
manderinne
Ryalls_first_build
manderinne
Your plan looks great! We just finished building the Noosa 29 in Brisbane but cut down the plan to 26 squares, so the same size as yours. We also went with sublime teak/white/osprey combo for our colours. It will be great to see it with a cool white on the walls - we went with natural whhite but lexicon quarter for the woodwork and doors. Anyway, I will be following your build, best of luck!

Thanks!! Your thread / colours have been a big inspiration to me
If I hadn't showed my husband a pic of your kitchen there is no way he would have agreed to the sublime teak up top lol Did that add to the cost much? If you don't mind me asking?

I'm having grey tiles so I don't know if i'm making the right choice with the cool white walls... I don't want it to throw too much blue.. I've been googling the colour components of white - Wow now i'm definitely confused lol

Oh wow, that's a compliment
my turn to blush haha. It wasn't much, we did pay extra for horizontal woodgrain but in hindsight I would have gone the standard vertical because they can't guarantee the grain will be aligned. I'll check my colour variation... okay so we had it included in the kitchen and it cost $270 to have sublime teak in both bathrooms and laundry with horizontal woodgrain. Cheaper than expected.

Which tiles are you going for? Can't remember if you said that already. A subtle cool white like lexicon will work well I think - it's a pure white with black tint, no blue (from what the painter told me).

Wow thats so much cheaper then i thought! Sometimes i think there pricing is a little strange.. somethings are alot more then i would have thought and others are wayyy cheaper

We have our official tile selection a week Friday but so far we have chosen this

Belga Grey
450x450 mm 79931

I really like the lexicon colour, Just hope it wont look too stark... What made you decide to go warm white?
In more exciting news our land settles on Monday!! And Coral called me up yesterday requesting my deposit.. Although handing money over isnt fun at least i feel as though something is happening
Exciting news on land settlement!! It's all happening now!
Gorgeous floor tile too! We also tried to go a warmer white to our walls, purely because I don't like a clinical feel to a home so didn't want a ceiling white on the walls, but each to their own individual tastes

Good luck with Monday!! Then you will be in the hands of Coral's joyous certifier!! Fingers crossed that you get through quickly!!

Yay congrats on the land settling! Love those grey tiles, they are very similar to the ones we are using in the bathroom. We ended up going a neutral white for our whiles, it doesn't have any warm or cool undertones but we are also having wooden laminate flooring so that will provide the warmth.
We used Belga Grey in our bathrooms and our alfresco area. I've got lots of pics in my thread if you want to have a look
Lexie85
Exciting news on land settlement!! It's all happening now!
Gorgeous floor tile too! We also tried to go a warmer white to our walls, purely because I don't like a clinical feel to a home so didn't want a ceiling white on the walls, but each to their own individual tastes

Good luck with Monday!! Then you will be in the hands of Coral's joyous certifier!! Fingers crossed that you get through quickly!!

Thanks it certainly is!! I got my dates mixed up so settlement is actually this afternoon woohoo!!

I know what you mean about the clinical feeling.. Whites are sending me crazy!
Mellywil
We used Belga Grey in our bathrooms and our alfresco area. I've got lots of pics in my thread if you want to have a look

I just had a look, Your house has turned out beautifully!! Are you happy with the choice of the Belga grey?
KLB
Yay congrats on the land settling! Love those grey tiles, they are very similar to the ones we are using in the bathroom. We ended up going a neutral white for our whiles, it doesn't have any warm or cool undertones but we are also having wooden laminate flooring so that will provide the warmth.

Im still trying to find the right white - I had no idea it would be so difficult!! Our old house was a period house so was more suited to colour - Sooo much easier then white and bright lol

I bought a few sample pots over the weekend and painted them on a board and have been draggin them around the house in different lights lol
We have to pick a Dulux colour so at the moment im leaning towards Natural white, although i think it still throws abit of yellow in certain light

Ill head over and check out how your build is progressing
Update - Our land settles at 3pm today Woohoo!!

We have our appointment with Beaumont Tiles on Friday, Which i wish would hurry up as im starting to second guess my floor tiles choice! We were set on Belga Grey but my favourite has always been arkitek grey which im worried might look abit much for an everyday house

http://btcentral.tile.com.au/static/Til ... 54_1_1.png

Our final colour selection appointment is a week Friday... Exciting!!!!
Ryalls_first_build
Mellywil

I just had a look, Your house has turned out beautifully!! Are you happy with the choice of the Belga grey?

Very. We have the larger tiles for the floor and up the bath and then smaller in the shower. The large ones really look great
Mellywil
Ryalls_first_build
Mellywil

Very. We have the larger tiles for the floor and up the bath and then smaller in the shower. The large ones really look great

Excellent!! I was hoping you would say that
Hi - I am building at West Wallsend too in Apple Tree stage 3. PLans got approved by council last week and just going through final contract/unconditional approval with bank now. Building with Beechwood though
YAY!! Finally someone else in Appletree! We purchased a block in Stage 4.

How long were you in council for? Did they make it difficult?

What design are you guys building?
We have tile selections tomorrow. . Finally some fun stuff!!!
I LOVED tile selections! Do you go to Beaumont/a tile shop like we did, or to a Coral display room? Looking forward to seeing what you pick!
Its at Beaumont tiles, which is good cos ive heard Corals display center is tiny...

Im interested to see what i come out with too lol

Tile selections that sounds like fun, I am hoping to do ours soon. Have you been to have a look?

Related
11/01/2024
Leaking Hot water

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks…

20/05/2024
Detect leaking pvc pipe undergound

Renovation + Home Improvement

My first suspect area is at the bottom of the harvested downpipe furthest from the tank. PVC downpipes expand and contract with heat and cold, putting pressure on the…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum