Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

What is the size of your alfresco doors? Post Pics

Page 2 of 2
janidbest
Hi mate I have got the following with corner less see the picture of it .. Still in contract stage though .. I'm thinking of going with bifold which gives more room

See if that helps you .. In my case I'm going to delete to entertainer door

Hi janibest, personally I would keep the corner less stacker doors and add the fly screen rebates in to the frame and remove the entertainment slider and make it a normal or picture window. Bi folds are very stylish but fly screens are very expensive for them, retractable fly screens are frustrating and difficult for children to open. We have bi fold doors on to our deck and our kids can't open the retractable screens when they are closed, the mesh also goes saggy over time.

We are still building and we have a 2770 stacking doors at 28c. We made a variation changing from 2 fixed panel and 1 sliding door to a 3 panel stacking door with only the last panel being fixed. Our stacking doors are from Jason Windows. The variation(Delete sliding door to Alfresco and add stacking doors) cost was $1477.
Thanks tribe7,mwccl..
I have a kid so consider not bifold in that case and would be going for stacker doors with double glazed with corner less.. Our SC not good in explanation or I may be not catching him .. The entertainer doors are included without knowing to me but I don't even know what that means, being first home buyer and again no display home the design that I picked! I hope stacker door goes well for that size ..

I have 12.5 BAL $5600 includes .. I think I will get fly screens no need to worry need to double check with SC

Hi Alexxdavid we have 2 sets of stackers leading out to the alfresco with one fixed panel and 5 sliding on each they were
25c high and 3587 wide we paid extra over $1896 for both then we paid extra for 28c as we wanted all doors and windows at matching heights and we also paid an extra $568 to have them recessed. The doors are by Jason.
I hope that's some help.
hrvat_ica
Ours was a standard 4 panel door with 2 doors sliding. Will try and get measurements.... My ceiling was 31 course and in my opinion was perfect.... I really like the extra brick work above the doors... I guess you could go slightly higher with the sliding door if you wish. Attached are a few pics of our door

I hope this helps

Hi hrvat_ica, Can I ask what your floors are? Love the colour.

Thanks.
Tribe7
Hi emmz and alexxdavid, here is the measurements and costing
hope that helps.

Thanks tribe for the reply. My Tapatalk hasn't been loading threads in real time, been having issues past couple of days grrrr

Thanks for the information you provided. Yes I asked earlier because I had requested from my SC two stacker doors 2110-3600 same size in lieu of standard sliding doors on home but asked for corner less which costed $1400 I wasn't sure whether he just charged me for both doors and not (cornerless)
This is the display home doors which I didn't want.

I had Wanted them to remove the corner, where they open up fully?
If I ONLY just get my doors replaced, I won't be impressed because big price difference there

This is the quote

And your time has always been appreciated.
Thank you

Qld_Oasis
hrvat_ica
Ours was a standard 4 panel door with 2 doors sliding. Will try and get measurements.... My ceiling was 31 course and in my opinion was perfect.... I really like the extra brick work above the doors... I guess you could go slightly higher with the sliding door if you wish. Attached are a few pics of our door

I hope this helps

Thanks.

Hi Qld, our floors are Qld blackbutt in feature grade... I prefer feature grade as it actually looks like wood and as you can see it is not to busy 👍
Qld_Oasis
hrvat_ica

I hope this helps

Thanks.

Ventura homes has been the worst in pre start for their upgrade :

We were quoted $2500 to upgrade our 4 panel sliding (FSSF) from 25c to 28c for our 3610mm wide and another $4.5K to replace the 28c sliding to a stacker of the same size! What is more outrageous is that the total value of what I have been quoted for the stacker is $500 (original 25c) plus $2500 (upgrade to 28c) and another $4500 to change to stacker totalling $7500! I requested a quote for a 6.3m wide by 28c through Avanti for their Commercial stacker 6 Panels (FSSSSF) and it only came to $7000 including install !!! I can understand builders margin but this is just ridiculous! I have asked them for a 6.3m wide stacker and already awaiting to be shocked. Plus their transparency with pricing is just ridiculous. I asked them to credit the upgrade and original doors and supply me with the pricing for the stacker door only and they had the audacity to tell me that their policy was to have pricing in lieu instead of crediting! Just so they could hide the amount they were crediting!

Alexxdavid
Ventura homes has been the worst in pre start for their upgrade :

We were quoted $2500 to upgrade our 4 panel sliding (FSSF) from 25c to 28c for our 3610mm wide and another $4.5K to replace the 28c sliding to a stacker of the same size! What is more outrageous is that the total value of what I have been quoted for the stacker is $500 (original 25c) plus $2500 (upgrade to 28c) and another $4500 to change to stacker totalling $7500! I requested a quote for a 6.3m wide by 28c through Avanti for their Commercial stacker 6 Panels (FSSSSF) and it only came to $7000 including install !!! I can understand builders margin but this is just ridiculous! I have asked them for a 6.3m wide stacker and already awaiting to be shocked. Plus their transparency with pricing is just ridiculous. I asked them to credit the upgrade and original doors and supply me with the pricing for the stacker door only and they had the audacity to tell me that their policy was to have pricing in lieu instead of crediting! Just so they could hide the amount they were crediting!

Almost have to be gold plated with them prices OMG
ridiculous for sure

Hey, can I ask the dimensions of your outdoor area?

And is your outdoor kitchen roofed?
Related
27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum