Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in the Southern Highlands

Page 2 of 8
KezHam,
We are building with WDC - a custom builder who have been terrific so far. We have 1/2 acre block on the Hawkesbury River, about an hour out of Sydney. As of this afternoon we also have the temporary fence up! I'm celebrating every small step as you can tell:)
caff
KezHam,
We are building with WDC - a custom builder who have been terrific so far. We have 1/2 acre block on the Hawkesbury River, about an hour out of Sydney. As of this afternoon we also have the temporary fence up! I'm celebrating every small step as you can tell:)

Sounds beautiful caff. Hopefully you will have your site cut this week
Nothing new to report here, other than our portaloo has fallen over in the wind :S.
GJ sent us out weekly update on Friday, saying slab takes 10- 14 days to cure and next on the list is the external plumbing. Can't wait.

So had a little Surprise today on the school run and noticed the windows and sliding doors were delivered on site.
Portaloo has been stood back up too but it's smelly.

Sorry for the bad photos, hubby kept standing in the way.

We haven't started just yet - just waiting to get word though as two weeks ago we were told they would start in a couple of weeks so any day ! very exciting. I see you have windows ready to go in excellent !!
Hi there I am new to this so please bear with me .
You must be very excited about your new build. We are also building with GJ Mittagong and they have been absolutely amazing. Looking forward to watching the progress on your build and hopefully when I figure this out I can start posting some pics...
Good luck with your build.....happy times

nat_luke1
We haven't started just yet - just waiting to get word though as two weeks ago we were told they would start in a couple of weeks so any day ! very exciting. I see you have windows ready to go in excellent !!

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too much longer nat_luke
caff
KezHam,

Any more progress caff ??
deb.p.2412
Hi there I am new to this so please bear with me .
You must be very excited about your new build. We are also building with GJ Mittagong and they have been absolutely amazing. Looking forward to watching the progress on your build and hopefully when I figure this out I can start posting some pics...
Good luck with your build.....happy times

Hi Deb!! Yay another GJ house!! Yes they are pretty amazing at mittagong and so far the whole process has been amazing!! What design are you building?? Where are you building? Would love to see pics !!!

Hi there
We are so happy with gj gardner. .
Building at nattai ponds.
The house is modified freshwater 264 . We have enclosed the alfresco and added a third
bathroom and third garage

deb.p.2412
Hi there
We are so happy with gj gardner. .
Building at nattai ponds.
The house is modified freshwater 264 . We have enclosed the alfresco and added a third
bathroom and third garage

Wow your house is huge!!! I'm so jealous haha. Looks great on the plans but even better with the frames up. When do you expect to be in by?
I have friends building over at nattai but they went with sekisui. Don't think they have started their house yet.

Thankyou . I am moving my mum an dad in with me hence the big house...we will all still have our own space. Not sure about a finish date....its been 16 months so far in the making. Not the fault of gj though unfortunately land was held up in council and land titles. Gj have been awesome and their customer service is amazing ...
My son just built a house with a split and it looks amazing. I love your design. Have you been given an estimated finish time....

Yes it certainly isn't a quick process. We have just clicked over a year. We were lucky to get the last block at darraby that got registered December last year. Although it's far flat, still glad we did it. There is not much in the way of affordable land ( well land we can afford) in town.

I would have to agree how great their customer service is, they have really gone above and beyond to help us out.

The split would have to be my favourite thing, so I'm hoping it looks awesome. I wished we could of has a bit bigger house with 3 kids running around but being our first home we have to start somewhere.
I did recieve a 5 day extension letter last month and it said mid march.

Well sounds like your home will be beautiful. I keep telling myself it will be worth the wait. Your home is a perfect size for 3 kids and you must be so proud that it's all finally coming together now. I am moving from Wollongong and we only get to see it once every one to two weeks which is really hard and the excitement kills me.... We have gone crazy with monument as well lol.....looks good

Kezham - wow, looks huge with the frame up. Congrats!

We have Formwork and plumbing done. Slab scheduled for Tuesday- but so is the rain.

caff

We have Formwork and plumbing done. Slab scheduled for Tuesday- but so is the rain.

Haha caff I wish that was my frame up but it deb.p's . We are building with the same builder about 20mins from each other.

Well nothing has happened here. The bank finally paid our slab payment today. Hopefully once the weather clears up I'll have something to new to report.

Never thought windows could be so exciting

Yay for windows deb.p!!! Are your bricks on site too??

Oh I think they are I'm not sure as I live out of the area...crook with the flu at the moment so have not been on site for over a week. I am lucky that my back neighbour is keeping me posted by Facebook and I also have a cousin that lives up in the highlands who keeps us posted as well.

KezHam
caff

Haha caff I wish that was my frame up but it deb.p's . We are building with the same builder about 20mins from each other.

Well nothing has happened here. The bank finally paid our slab payment today. Hopefully once the weather clears up I'll have something to new to report.

Oops - got a bit mixed up.

Yay!! I finally have something to post. Our external drainage has begun today. Plumber said it should be completed by lunch time tomorrow!

Frames are due to be delivered by the end of the week.

Wow that's exciting it will all start to happen now

Related
27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum