Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dream Metricon Glendale 38 (Sydney)!

Page 2 of 277
I've used another company which charged $1100 she's based in the inner west, but this guys website looks good $350 is a bargain.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Building4my3tots
Orpheus
For the folks in Sydney, was wondering if anyone have a landscape design and/or landscape construction quote completed? If so if you can recommend any good companies out there please?

build thread - viewtopic.php?t=78328

Try
http://www.bluegumdesign.com.au
He's on this forum too I think he is building too.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716

Thanks Build4my3tots. I have already spoken with bluegum and they only provide a basic landscape plans to meet council requirements. I think we are after the more detailed designs.

Is there a thread in the landscape section which compares the different landscape designers/construction companies? If not I will start one?

Orpheus
Is there a thread in the landscape section which compares the different landscape designers/construction companies? If not I will start one?

I haven't found too much info on landscapers here unfortunately...so having one will definitely be useful.
Cool i will start one then!

Wow another Glendale! Fantastic mods too especially the underground tanks. In hindsight, we should have opted to have ours underground. Side access is very restricted so I'm sure it's going to pose issues when we do the pool.
I really like your choice of facade. Our house design didn't really give us too many facade options so we stuck with the traditional. Just a heads up in regard to the powder room downstairs. We also added a shower to make it a full bathroom but we didn't check the drawing to make sure we were getting a shower door. Silly us just assumed that the door was a standard inclusion with the shower. Apparently not as our plans only spec'd a fixed panel without a door. Lucky us our awesome SS overlooked the oversight and ordered the shower screen with a door
Where are you building Orpheus?

Hi, I don't really mind the open shower screen. We are building in Kingsgrove (Hurstville). Oh yeah the underground water tanks cost another $5k which is worth it I reckon. I like the Isla facade but love the Verve more (but it's not available on the Glendale)

Orpheus
Hi, I don't really mind the open shower screen. We are building in Kingsgrove (Hurstville). Oh yeah the underground water tanks cost another $5k which is worth it I reckon. I like the Isla facade but love the Verve more (but it's not available on the Glendale)

Depending on your sales person you can get them to do the facade how you want, we weren't restricted by which facade went with which house, our sales lady added render the the front facade to break up the division of brick and cladding and drafting costed it accordingly. If there is a certain style you want draw it up and ask your sales person to get it costed.

Yeah, the only change we made to the facade is a rendered pillar. The rest of our facade is perfect already

This will be an interesting build. So jealous of that staircase. We wanted a steel suspended staircase, but your cantilever will be amazing. Underground tanks as well.
Can I ask what software your wife used for the landscape design. I'd love to do some planning myself. Some inspiring landscape and selections. Looking forward to watching it go up.
Thanks SteveMc! I wanted a steel suspended staircase as well but M only do timber staircases. Alas the steel one might cost more!

@SteveMc I used the landscape design software from Smartdraw but I think there are also plenty others. Good luck!

Sent from the palm of my hand.
Hi Orpheus
Wanted to add... check your ensuite WC to ensure there is a floor waste marked on it.

When we received our plans for contract stage, no floor waste was included in the ensuite WC. We raised this with the contract presenter - who advised we had to pay more for it. I reminded her that we had received standard plans from M when we paid for tender, and those clearly noted a floor waste - they had to add one in then!
Good tip thanks Mona!

Love the plans and the upgrades! I'll be stalking your place as it comes to fruition!
Hi Orpheus,

nice to see your thread and your inclusions and upgrades. Nice to see your facade brick colours ..looks very

My partner and I are also building glendale 38 by metricon in Elara estate in Marden Park.....We just signed our tender last week. We also selected Isla facada and did few changes as extended Study little into sitting room and also 1 meter towards backyard as we will make it a media room...
Nice to meet you too Vikas! It's good to see more Glendale homes coming up so we can share ideas! It seems you are 1 step ahead of us as we will be signing the tender in the next couple of weeks. It would be good to follow each other's build thread to compare progress. Have you or will you be starting yr own thread soon?

yes just started the thread..
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78612&p=1395704#p1395704

though I have not posted any pics yet but will do soon
Tribe7

Depending on your sales person you can get them to do the facade how you want, we weren't restricted by which facade went with which house, our sales lady added render the the front facade to break up the division of brick and cladding and drafting costed it accordingly. If there is a certain style you want draw it up and ask your sales person to get it costed.

I wish that was the case for us. We asked Metricon for the Urban facade but they refused point blank. We argued that the Urban was one of the Laguna facades (Laguna is very similar to the Hudson). Still the answer was no so the only option was to make the changes we were allowed to make it less boring eg render to portico, extend eaves, change cladding and window etc

I concur, M in Sydney is more rigid and less accommodating. I wanted the Verve facade on the Glendale but they wouldn't obliged

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum