Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes slightly modified Longreach

Page 2 of 7
Ok we are on the move again
council are coming out Tuesday to inspect the property to remove biodiversity layer, woo hoo. Hopefully we can get the ok and have the building approval in by the end of the week!

Great news council are coming out to reassess your land coastalbreeze. Keep us updated hubby is interested to see what council do (His scope of work)

Will do? What does your hubby do out of interest? Any tips to help our chances would be greatly appreciated.

Hubby is a environmental scientist and a hydrogeologist (water engineer). One of his best mates is an ecologist, I'm sure between the pair of them they can give you a hand if need be

What kind of a overlay do you have? Feel free to send a pm if you like and he can have a good look for you.

Great thanks tribe7. We had council come out today to do the inspection for the biodiversity layer and it ended up just being a plumber checking the septic system. I called the certifier and he said that might be all they need yo do. So fingers crossed it is all good! Just a game of wait and see I guess.
I will definitely let you know if we run into trouble. Worst case scenario we will have to probably plant trees to replace the ones we are cutting down but that is ok because the majority of our block is land for wildlife so we are happy to add.

Fingers crossed that's all you need, they might stipulate the type of effluent system you will need but that's no big issue. Worst part of council is the waiting, hope they are quick for your sake.

Fingers crossed it just planting extra trees to appease council, if it's more than that mr t is happy to help.

It will be beautiful to have the wildlife on your land.

Thanks tribe. We are already living on the block so the stp is already in place and approved. Had to have an engineer come out to sign off saying it is big enough.

We are now waiting on ok to change what we are living in from a dwelling yo granny flat.

Because of the biodiversity layer it all has to go through council instead of he certifyer signing it off. Still holding onto hope we will have approval by end of August.
Esh so much red tape, great your already living there and your system is in place. Another tick off the list. Crossing fingers for you that council are quick and your approved by the end of the month

Council have given us development approval and removed the biodiversity layer!!!! Who hoo now we are just waiting on building approval. Hopefully we are back on track now and we have jumped the last hurdle!
Congratulations coastalbreeze, fabulous news for a Friday. Fingers crossed it all goes quickly now

Thanks tribe. Your place is looking amazing you must be getting excited!
Thank you kindly, yes getting very excited won't be long now.

Update on colour selections.
We have decided to go with white exchange quarter on the walls. Fingers crossed it is not too stark.
Roof is wind spray with surfmist guttering and roller door. We have gone with silver windows.
Kitchen bench top is natural concrete and cupboards are silk polar white.
Bathroom benches are osprey white and the cupboards are polar white.
Laundry is laminex platinum micro.
Cannot remember the handles we chose and we have gone for a bushfire rated door so we do not have to have the screen in the front. It is a natural stain.

Very nice Coastalbreeze. We're having a whole lotta white in our place (white floor tiles!!!), which will look kinda stark - but once you get furniture in I think it won't matter.
Don't be to concerned about the paint coastal breeze we went with Casper white quarter and it's super crisp but looks lovely, nice and fresh. Kitchen sounds fab, I love the concrete coloured stone (kinda wish I had gone that way now) it's all getting very close to a site start now.

Thanks guys. It looks yellow tonight. I purchased a sample pot and painted a piece of card. Might have to paint the bedroom in our current place over Christmas before the walls in the new place get painted. It was between white exchange quarter and Casper white quarter but we could not see much of a difference.
I think you are right mellywill it depends on the furniture. I am trying to get hubby over the line with a blue couch to match the splash back tiles, slowly brining him around.
Image of bricks. We chose boral silver cloud, the same as daydream build. We are getting the natural mortar though. It was concrete bench top or white mortar...

Ooooooh i love your bricks!
Thanks m&j. Bit worried about using the shale grey as the trim. I think it might be too light. Oh well it is what it is.
We have council approval!!!! Omg I can't believe it. Still waiting on colour variation from three weeks ago and banked stuffed up our documents so still waiting, so close...
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum