Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with simonds homes is SA

Page 2 of 3
You did make great selections ... The huge mirror on that vanity is gorgeous. What house are you building? Did you see Haydn initially?
http://postimg.org/image/av4kx9m11/

our kitchen before the floors were in
whoop sorry i didnt realise i posted that back to you! thank you
we are building the isis, we added a study and WIL from the garage as well. Yeah we seen Haydn, he was great, so helpful!
clearly i have no idea how to use this site properly lol
[img=http://s17.postimg.org/iitew6nfv/20150604_091419.jpg]
I LOVE the Isis -- the display at Seaford is my favorite Simonds display in SA. initially I chose my internal wall colours based on it. Great home. And I really like the facade you've chosen. No wonder you are so happy
I must've read it wrong. I was under the impression your house was complete, sorry. Glad you are enjoying your experience, I'm not buulding with simonds, where abouts are you building?
I like your benchtop in the kitchen, is that laminate? What colour do they call that?
Hi heatherkam! We are building in the northern suburbs of Adelaide
Who are you building through?
Yes its laminate, i really wanted stone but they quoted us 7.5k without waterfall ends! The laminate is called carrara, i actually love it, but still would like to change to stone later on down the track
jayjay87
http://postimg.org/image/av4kx9m11/

our kitchen before the floors were in

I too am building with Simonds Homes in Victoria. What is your cabinet selection in your Kitchen, colour and finish. Thanks. I hope my build goes well. You sound pretty happy with yours. We start soon.
Hey @jayjay87 we are building with fairmont homes, also in adelaide north (blakes crossing) I wanted stone too but I chose a better brick for the house and better paint instead, hoping to change the benchtops later too
I want waterfall edge so I'm glad I can still achieve it with the laminate...we aren't due to start building till later this year so I'm trying to follow a few different people with theirs! Can't.wait.to hear more updates as you go. Did your footings go alirght. How big is your home?
Hi @goody59, the kitchen cabinets are polar white in the sheen finish. We are very happy with everything so far, hope your experience is the same

@heatherkam My partner and I did similar things, we upgraded more structural things that can't be done later, such as high ceiling's etc. Have you done your selections yet? Our footings were fine as we had a fixed contract so there were no hidden costs at all. Im not sure how big our home is 21 sq? i think? not sure
Thanks JayJay87. I thought that may have been the colour and finish. Nice. We chose the same but now Simonds have gone to Laminex brand rather than the Polytech brand I think as being the last brand they used when we chose it through Gallery stage.
Hey jayjay we haven't done selections yet only preliminary for the council approval. Just looking at colours etc now, we did alot of upgrading in the quoting process so I'm hopeful we won't need to do much more than choose colours of things. Im not sure how It all equates. our home with garage is 302sqm I saw the new display homes at blakes crossing over the weekend, simonds really love the decor. So much furniture and accessories in their displays!

What colour are your walls JJ? Did you do any features? I think Simonds price for feature walls is excellent ($400 for as many you want)
Hi Heatherkam! your house is pretty big
I checked out the new simonds display homes i loved the decor of the first one! I look forward to seeing what selections you choose

Hi Tomcat! our walls are called silver screen, it is seriously the strangest colour but i love it. I love grey but didn't want it to look too cold, so at times it looks grey and other times it looks beige ish! i seen they are upto your second level framing, how exciting!
Hey, you're in aren't you?! So how does it feel?

Ahhh Silver screen -- that is such a nice colour. Someone else building with Simonds in SA had the colour too. Maybe Deluxes who built at Mt Barker.
Silver screen sounds nice
we are expecting our selection packs soon. I will be updating my thread soon with our colour selections I don't want to hijack your simonds thread too much!

Hey guys! we are still not in! The banks have been ridiculous incompetent and slow! we handed in our invoice last week and the valuation wasn't booked until today! which didn't happen btw! and the only way we knew that it didn't is because when we went to the house we noticed that we had been broken in to!!!! they ruined two doors, a window, stole our STOVE and scuffed up our floors a bit. We are both furious and so upset, i just don't understand how people can be so low... what ever you do, don't let the builder install any stoves, hot water systems or anything before you handover! thankfully it comes under their insurance as we haven't had handover yet, just a massive set back and so much stress!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum