Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Charleston Homes - anyone worked with them?

Page 2 of 5
Hi Scott, your new build looks great! Thanks for your experience sharing with me. That is really helpful for me to understand the process better. Cheers, Mike
Hi Scott, We completed demolish work on 6th February this year. I am still waiting for the start date of construction. A bit of frustration at this moment.
sorry to hear that mate. hopefully they start soon. Have they given any dates for when it may start?
I was told the work will start in about 2 weeks last Friday.
Hi Mike,
Has it started yet?
Tmp
The builder said they are going to start from next Monday 19th March.
MikeW
The builder said they are going to start from next Monday 19th March.

The roof was done on 12 July but still waiting for render...
sco77k
sorry to hear that mate. hopefully they start soon. Have they given any dates for when it may start?

Hi Scott, have you moved into your new house?
MikeW
sco77k

Hi Mike,

This Saturday! how is everything progressing for you?
sco77k
MikeW
sco77k

Hi Mike,

This Saturday! how is everything progressing for you?

Congratulations!!! We are waiting for render to start.
Hi Mikew & sco77k

I am too looking at building with Cherteston homes. They are one of the builders we have short listed and just currently working through who to go with and who can get most of what we want done with in our budget.

Can you share any more details on your build? How is the builder and site supervisor? Are they easy to deal with? do you get regular updates from them? Are they flexible with small changes to plan? how is the build quality?

Any pictures of your build is greatly appreciated. Im keen to see the progress or the finish product. If you have posted already in another post please share a link.

Thanks
Hondo
Hi Mikew & sco77k

I am too looking at building with Cherteston homes. They are one of the builders we have short listed and just currently working through who to go with and who can get most of what we want done with in our budget.

Can you share any more details on your build? How is the builder and site supervisor? Are they easy to deal with? do you get regular updates from them? Are they flexible with small changes to plan? how is the build quality?

Any pictures of your build is greatly appreciated. Im keen to see the progress or the finish product. If you have posted already in another post please share a link.

Thanks

Hi Hondo,

Sorry for my late reply. We are building house with Charleston and now is in the lock up stage. Charleston has weekly update on the process and we can get feedback from Charleston very quickly. Since the house hasn't been completed, I am not able to comment on quality and will give you update next year.

Regards,

Mike
MikeW, Thank you for reply.

I hope everything goes well for you and to hear back when you get Keys to the house.

Thanks.
Hi guys, I'm also considering building with Charleston and would love to hear how you've gone. We are looking to build in St Ives

Cheers
Hi guys we have just received our council approvals to build with Charleston Homes. I have been reading about some of your experiences which is great and will prepare us for what’s to come. We are just waiting to receive our final contract for sign off but feel that the variations are really starting to add up. I would appreciate if anyone can provide any guidance on what to expect in terms of being able to negotiate on some of these points or just generally share their experiences in this regard. We are now close to $1.6m (without electrical or landscaping) and no basement with a level block of land with little slope.
Cheers
Manishq, how big is the house? $1.6M is a lot of money, especially, when building industry in NSW is about start its downfall (and probably within 6-12 months you will be able to negotiate some significant discounts).
Wow, for $1.6m you must be building an absolute monster house with very high spec upgrades. This is a full custom build? Not one of their standard designs? Can you provide anymore details - plans, inclusions etc. Thanks
alexp79
Manishq, how big is the house? $1.6M is a lot of money, especially, when building industry in NSW is about start its downfall (and probably within 6-12 months you will be able to negotiate some significant discounts).

I agree alexp79 that’s sound advice. The house is just under 60sq.
cag57
Wow, for $1.6m you must be building an absolute monster house with very high spec upgrades. This is a full custom build? Not one of their standard designs? Can you provide anymore details - plans, inclusions etc. Thanks

Hi cag57 house is about 60sq we started with getting a quote for about $1.2m (INC site costs) but subsequently had seen the variations really add up. Design is still based on their display home albeit changed interior plan slightly. We decided to upgrade to go full brick downstairs with concrete slab and not take their vinyl instead opted for timber floors. Did you receive an initial quote from them?
Hi Manishg, that is a very big house. We haven't got any concrete pricing from them yet as we are still deciding between a few builders before we go to tender. Based on your numbers your coming in over $2500 per sqm. This seems very high based on the talk from their sales staff we've had so far. We seem to be looking at about $2000 per sqm, but perhaps I haven't delved too much into the variations yet so it could go up with an actual tender.

From the 2 or 3 we have short listed the build we are looking at would come in around $800,000 for 40sq with upgrades, but as I said maybe I'm missing things that'll pop up in an actual tender.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum