Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Oaklands Schofields

Page 2 of 42
Hi Rick,

I am aware of the big substation on the schofields road, but I was referring to the smaller subtations ( green rectangular blocks) that you find in front of a few buildings.. they are quite inconvenient and people tend to dump rubbish near it.. so it will be good where they are being placed...

Thank you for the pdf..it is quite informative
Oh those tiny little green ones! Their locations are decided later when ISP setup and all come into play.
Hi All,

has anyone else received the contract? Any thoughts on the contract?

kind Regards,
Ven
@Rick.. its the Padmount substation built by Endeavor Energy..however the exact location is stated as "To Be Confirmed" in the contract... if that substation ends up next to any of the lots..then there are other restrictions stated in the contract that must be implemented... I think they were point 5 and 6 in the restrictions list ( don't remember the page number)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34605&hilit=padmount+substation

Looks like someone else was concerned about this too...
@ Dreamhome.. Yes, you are right. I also went through the contract and saw it, but couldn't find any location information reg it. Seems that the burdened lot will have some fire rating as well and it'll depreciate the house price also. Better to ask the developer to provide with the documentation regarding it.
Agreed! Please post any information that you find out from crownlands with regards to the substation and I'll do the same.
Has anyone got any information regarding the padmount substations?

Any one exchanged the contracts yet?
For those who think they've missed out on Stage 1, looks like there is still 12 lots available:

http://oaklandsschofield.com.au/pdf/Oak ... e_Plan.pdf
Hi All,

I have received information this morning that padmount substation is not on Lot 114 which is the one I chose. So Crownland developers has the information regarding the substation lot number. Please call them to confirm if its on your lot or not.

Ven.
Nice to see forum of OAKLANDS Schofield....

I wasnt lucky for first stage try for next one....

Looks price already rice around thirty grand since last release.

Any one got idea about zero lot allotment here.How do we know if we can built in zero lot allotment or who can tell us about it.
Hi TOBHAGIRATH,
Not sure why you would be waiting for the next release. There are still plots available. Is there a problem with those ones that you are tending to stay away?

Regards
@ TOBHAGIRATH: Information regarding zero lot allotment can be obtained from Blacktown City Council. They would be the best people to ask questions. Narrow frontage lots normally are less than 12.5 m in width and some of them may be assigned as zero lot blocks. If I'm not mistaken, lots that are between 12.5-15.0 m in width can have the options of going zero on the boundaries with permission from the council.

Also, zero lot doesn't mean you can build right on the boundary line itself. You still need to allow 200 mm of side setback from the wall (normally the garage wall).
Rahul - I mean next means to-morrow release
ahh, right, there is a release tomorrow then! missed it by a heartbeat , I guess.
registered myself on the guest register just today.
anyone hear from oakland regarding result of 16 april land sale.
Hey Guys,
Great to see this forum. Just inquired on the next land release, it's in the month of May. Also regarding location of substation talking to Crownlands, it's not close to Lot 102 (which is my lot).
Keep the forum humming.
Cheers
Dear All,

I managed to secure a block last month. Just to give you guys a bit of information on this release. Initially the developers released 58 blocks, 12 or which could not be sold. Now, they are selling these 12 blocks at 10% increased price. When I secured my block last month, they emailed me price list of all 58 blocks. My friend who had registered on their website to secure a block in the current release showed me the new price list for 12 unsold blocks - I was shocked to see they had increased the prices by $40-$45k for each block. It seems developers these days manipulate and can charge you whatever they want to. It all comes down to demand and supply. Demand is huge and there is hardly any supply, that's what the developers whatever they want to do. Unfortunately if you guys wait for stage 2 release, they prices will be increased further.

Last year I nearly missed out on a 410 sqm block on Schofields farm rd that was being sold for $380k. The location and price of that block was much better to the one I have purchased now. However, I can do nothing about it. It seems we have to deal with this!
Dear All,

I managed to secure a block last month. Just to give you guys a bit of information on this release. Initially the developers released 58 blocks, 12 or which could not be sold. Now, they are selling these 12 blocks at 10% increased price. When I secured my block last month, they emailed me price list of all 58 blocks. My friend who had registered on their website to secure a block in the current release showed me the new price list for 12 unsold blocks - I was shocked to see they had increased the prices by $40-$45k for each block. It seems developers these days manipulate and can charge you whatever they want to. It all comes down to demand and supply. Demand is huge and there is hardly any supply, that's what the developers whatever they want to do. Unfortunately if you guys wait for stage 2 release, they prices will be increased further.

Last year I nearly missed out on a 410 sqm block on Schofields farm rd that was being sold for $380k. The location and price of that block was much better to the one I have purchased now. However, I can do nothing about it. It seems we have to deal with this!
One good thing about this estate is that Schofields Rd is going to be extended all the way to Richmond Rd. Eventually we will not need to go to the other side of Schofields (I mean on the other side of Raliway Tce) via Brigde Rd, as there is an Schofields rd underpass under construction which will be extended all the way to Richmond Rd in coming years. This means better connectivity with Sydney Business Park in Marsden Park , Northwest Railway link and Rouse Hill Shopping Centre. I believe this will also have an impact on the price of our land.
See: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/projects/sydn ... index.html
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum