Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Moncrieff (ACT)

Page 2 of 4

This is the modified Casuarina we are building. Still awaiting updated plans and proposal. Have made some minor modifications to this plan.
Wow what a great plan. Love the wir/ensuite and the second ensuite!
Very nice! Would love to see the layout on the block one day too!
You've really put a lot of thought into that design. Three bathrooms is amazing!

Also love all that room for the kitchen and open plan flow, also entry via garage is perfect for the grocery drop.

What a well designed modification!
Quite happy with the design. received an updated plan today, minor modifications - extra sliding doors etc.

Have you had any news yet on when the land will be released? Do you have a good list of all the little extras you're getting? I'll put mine up tonight
No I havent heard anything as yet. The only information I have been getting has been from JB at Sekisui.
Some of the upgrades/extras -

Provide Impressa style stacking doors to Outdoor Living
Colorbond roof, 1200mm entry door, mirastar glass splashback, freestanding cooktop, dishwasher, LED downlights throughout the house, ducted vacuum, alarm system etc.
Those doors look great! Nice choice.

We were originally thinking color bond roof, but, for something that really should last as long as the house, and the option to just flip one up convinced me. And it was a $2500 upgrade to Colorbond. Think we'd rather spend that on the backyard.
I'm not convinced that a colorbond roof is worth paying more for. You are right, the $ could be used better elsewhere, we are in two minds at this stage. We are going to the display home this friday, so hopefully we will have made up our mind by then.
When do you go to contract stage, if not already?

We're nowhere near contact stage. Haven't even finalised our plans yet. How about you?
We are happy with floorplans and have requested for most variations and upgrades to be added as part of the proposal. A couple of minor changes to be made to the inclusion list before we can goto contract stage. Although, we might want to do our colour selections before, if possible. That way, any further variations can be added to the contract as well. I will enquire this friday.
Updated plan. Minor changes - added sliding doors etc. Ready to proceed to contract stage soon, to ensure price is locked in till end of the year. Hoping land is released by the end of the year.

Excellent! Yeah we're probably going to be stuck with the 2% contact extra to lock in our price, don't think our land will be released until next year, looking at getting it extended to commence before the end of 2016.... Hopefully earlier but safety first.
What is next to the robes? The boxed in bits?
Shelves added within the robes

The blocks on the street behind us are almost ready. Driveways went in this week. Hoping ours isn't too far behind.

Yeah I've had a good look around too, won't be far behind. The south bit of Moncrieff is all but done! The road if fully laid and services in etc. Looks great, can't wait to properly set foot there. They've done a great job with the temp fencing that's for sure!
Looks like we will be requesting to progress to contract stage in the next week. Before contract is prepared we will have our colour selection appointment

Well, we've got an updated plan but it's a bit of a mess, I think we'll need some steady experienced eyes and feedback to help us through. I'll post it up soon when I get a chance.
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum