Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Celebration Homes - Lennox in Whiteman Edge

Page 2 of 3
Hi Treble, we are building on Biscayne Rd, our block settled on 14/4 & now just waiting on final contracts ... Then scheduling... I predict slab down in June ?!!
Netti, that is so close to us! Good luck. Hope it all goes well. We're hoping for a slab in May, we might see you around there some time.
Looks good so far! We are also building with CH, the Gibson/sol but I don't think they sell our plan anymore.

When do you expect to get the slab down?
rory14
Looks good so far! We are also building with CH, the Gibson/sol but I don't think they sell our plan anymore.

When do you expect to get the slab down?

Thanks. We are expecting slab to go down in May.

I hunted the internet for your plan and found a pic of it. Looks great, what area are you building in?
I do have a thread, I think it's in my signature but as I'm on my phone I can't see!

We are building in Alkimos, just north of butler.
Love your floor plan Treble. You have put some thought into that.
A little bit late but we have a slab!
Bricks have now been delivered, photo coming soon.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/Neil_Keiles/slab_zpse5dpx11a.jpg
Congratulations! Looks huge!!
Conslabulation Treble! Love your plan. we too building at Whiteman Edge but with BluePrint homes.

Thanks Millbridge and Lady_Zu. So cool to meet new neighbours here. What street are you on?
Congratulations on slab! Looks great

Our build - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74793
Nice slab!
We are building the Lennox down the road in the Avonlee estate
can't wait for our slab hopefully Next month!
Hi treble your lands were titled feb but it took 4 months for CH to get a slab down? Just curious if this is standard across CH as i was tossing up building with them vs a competitor such as smart.homes. My titles would be nov but thought if you did your design and prestart well before then that a slab could be down within 1-2 months? E.g. Dec-jan for.me?

Or was there a reasom for your hold up?

How is the pre start through to administration and getting to slab stage? Breezy and smooth? Or a nightmare? Any feedback CH'ers??

I'm with them as well and ours took that long (we also had Christmas) but you have to go through council. I would NEVER built with smart homes. I know about 4 people in my area building with them and they've all had nightmares of experiences and poor customer service.

CH might not be perfect but they've been good enough for us! Minor issues have all been fixed and reasonably timely. Would definitely recommend.
Good points. But are the poor customer service to do with dealing with issues surrounding structural and building quality? If it's just communication related I guess I could forgive that given the current quotes i'm getting are 206k circa for SmartHomes vs $223k or so for Celebrations. So the price difference does sweeten some shoddier areas.

However, if those 4 around you are experiencing quality issues that are translatable to loss in $$ that closes this gap, then perhaps I'd be better off having second thoughts of going down the CH route...

Seems the CH have sprung up like weeds in new estates like Calleya, unsure if this is just reflective on higher numbers going with their name, or reflective on the market voting that quality/build times are better and therefore sticking with CH/ABN group...?
I believe it's mostly communication, but a lot is to do with build and not following our areas guidelines as well! So they've all experienced delays. They just seem to be a bit slow.

I guess it just depends on what you want!
Fair point. I wouldnt want delays and issues with guidelines not being followed either, concerning i guess. Guess it also comes down to how much cost wise your saving to stomach these. Im sure celebrations suffers from this too but maybe not as much by far?

Has your build and any other CH builders here been in the european house borer zoned area? If so was the only treatment required h2 blue pine timber upgrades of just under 1k??

Hi SaberX, I hope Treble doesn't mind me commenting here, but i think Treble had his slabbed laid, a few weeks before he posted the picture, maybe around mid-end of may, I'm pretty sure he is at brick stage now??
Thanks Lozel. I assume one to two months from slab down is a good indicator of time?

Just wondering treble and other CH'ers did you have flumed rangehoods, bathrooms etc? Appears only the WC are flumed, but arguably i would think the rangehood and bathrooms are more important to be flumed externally. Ive been told by CH it disipitates easily enough in the roof cavity but wasnt quite convinced. The figure thrown up was fluming was expensive around 900 or so to do which went against what others appear to say here (200 or more to flume their rangehood) i also cant imagine 900 justifiably to vent something outside a roof?

Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

13/09/2023
Slab edge Dampness

General Discussion

Quarter of it

4/10/2023
New Travertine mitred edge pillar CHIPPED

General Discussion

get them to replace the chipped tiles. It will stick out like a sore thumb overwise. Also tiler will be siliconing the miters rather than grouting. Grouted miters crack…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum