Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build Henley Monaco Nouveau Q1 – Harvest Views Estate

Page 2 of 3
still no date hopefully by the end of the week or early next week the SS will call. Hitman I ve heard a couple of stories of tradies leaving a less than desirable welcome present for slightly overbearing clients.
I used to work with a guy when I was a sparky and this prick used to drop half eaten pies and sausage rolls and sometimes half a big m into wall cavities!!!! I was an apprentice then and never said anything as he was an a grade.
A grade *** hat that is!
Edited out sorry
Great news hitman. Love the photos, bit of a thread hijack lol. We heard from Nia today and we are due to get half our rock costs back woohoo! Just paid for our driveway. Flooring should be finished this week with SS calling next week to arrange handover. Apparently Whittelsea council can drag the chain with this but they still hope to give ys keys on or by the first week of October.

Also placed our deposit on our blinds concreteing and fences. Its all go.

can anyone recommend a company who does mounted to the house clothes lines and tv aerials? Can I place a tvaerial inside a colour bond roof cavaity?
Oh crap so sorry mate I just realised I posted this here instead of my own thread. What a dumbo!!!
I'll delete it ha!
Now to answer you questions, wall mounted clothes lines are an easy DIY job you just need a hammer drill and the right size masonry bit to drill the bricks.

TV antenna needs to go outside your roof or you won't get a signal, I've never known anyone to put it in the roof cavity and this would
Be the reason why.
Thsnk you on both accounts Hitman. The photos did look good though.
No probs.
I am whittlesea council too I. Laurimar. Lucky me I have smart community with velocity wiring so my tv and foxtel goes through the fibre network
Just got the call from Nia , handover is booked for the 30th of September. Can't wait have deliberately avoid the house so we can have a bit of a surprise.
sands_13
Just got the call from Nia , handover is booked for the 30th of September. Can't wait have deliberately avoid the house so we can have a bit of a surprise.

Wow

thats awesome. so basically they arranged on the last day of the month,

All the best guys, please send us more pics.
Received our occupancy cert today, 4 day turn aroung not bad at all. Private inspector booked as is our blind installation and our landscaping started date. all coming together nicely now can't wait for the 30th.
Niiiiiice
Oh wow that was quick on your getting your occupancy certificate! Have u started packing yet?! Fun stuff!
Hey Pearz hope your still enjoying your new home. I officially start packing today. Hoping the inspector doesn't find to much and settle quickly. Kedar I ll grab some more photos on the day.
sands_13
Hey Pearz hope your still enjoying your new home. I officially start packing today. Hoping the inspector doesn't find to much and settle quickly. Kedar I ll grab some more photos on the day.

thanks Sands.

can you please advise, did you get your occupancy certificate before the handover date? - i know it is stupid question but just curious like, who applies etc.

and also your NHP is 30th Sept., when are you having the final Independent inspection? before of same time?
Hey Pearz. We received our permit on Friday which is 10 days before our handover. It may be a disclaimer but we were told we would not have it till handover then out of the blue Kathy called with the good news (4 days apparently)

We wanted to have our inspector go through later this week to speed up handover but our SS was pretty firm onhaving him with us on the 30th so handover won't occur on the day but hopefully by the end of the week pending anything major.
So we didn't get the keys yesterday. There were a number of mainly paint and wood stain defects found that need to be rectified. Again the inspector paid for himself but overall he said it was a very good build. The most major issue is a bowed skirting board so overall we have been pretty lucky. By the end the SS was pointing out paint defects as well which was good of him. So we should have the keys in two weeks crossing fingers. Trick for young players. Check both sides of any cavity sliders. Also the interal wall above your roller garage door which is on secured when the door is open. A pretty rubbush patching job was found were the door installation occurred.
Good points.
Shame you didn't get the keys but at least you will be getting a house as close to perfect as you can get
sands_13
So we didn't get the keys yesterday. There were a number of mainly paint and wood stain defects found that need to be rectified. Again the inspector paid for himself but overall he said it was a very good build. The most major issue is a bowed skirting board so overall we have been pretty lucky. By the end the SS was pointing out paint defects as well which was good of him. So we should have the keys in two weeks crossing fingers. Trick for young players. Check both sides of any cavity sliders. Also the interal wall above your roller garage door which is on secured when the door is open. A pretty rubbush patching job was found were the door installation occurred.

Good on you sands, i just talked with my SS and he said that our NHP will be sometime end of this month.

But i dont know how to manage the notice for the rental property, they are seeking 28 days notice, so dont know what date should i give them? are you renting? if yes, how did you manage that?
Hi Kedar_u We are in the same boat. Our contract said all defects will be repaired within two weeks of inspection. We gave 4 weeks notice effectively giving ourselves 21 days after yesterday but still a nervous wait. The SS is aware and said we should have keys within 14 days as he agreed with all defects that were found and was booking the trades today.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum