Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Elara at Marsden Park

Page 2 of 142
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and am looking to buy in either Greenway Living or Elara, I have been ringing Stocklands non-stop for some information on Elara however I get the usual response of leave my details and a sales consultant will get back to me. I got more info. here then the Stockland themselves.

After speaking with Greenway Living people, they have informed me all lots have been assigned a home design and you cannot have any alterations to it - this is to speed up process of the home completion. Now I am not a fan of this non-flexibility as it is not petty money taht I am spending hence why I am looking at land in Elara. However, Ive had no feedback from them. Anyone know when next release? Im looking for land 450sq or more.
In nxt 3 weeks or so mate...
Hi Paulm29,

Are you serious ?? GL will not allow any kind of modification ??

I bought at GL in stage 1 and made many small- small changes !!! GL must flexible for making any minor changes within inside of FOUR walls.

Is the restrication in relase 5 A or was it in 2 A and 2 B as well ???
Hi dudhatra,

I just missed out on the 2B stage so was eager to get into the nxt stage only to find out they jumped to the front of Richmond Road. Although I did like the size of some of the lots, I was very disapponted with the ultilisation of the land space. So I rang the GL office and asked if I can do alterations and they said NO - none.

This is why I am looking towards Elara. I just had a call from Elara team saying next stage will be released end of July/early August.
Did anyone get a call yet from Stockland for the 2nd release presentation?
I missed on Release 1 as well. I have done my research and Elara is indeed a wise investment as well as being a quiet estate to reside. So the lesson is to be quick. All one needs is 10K and then wait for the registration to eventuate by the second half of 2015. By that time your 10K would have earned at least 50K. Good luck to all Elara fans.
Hi Paulm29,

I agree with you. Few lots are really in good size at very compatative price but not utilised the most. I am sure GL will provide much better space utilisation in next releases...
@paulm29: This might be of interest to you if you are looking for good-sized lots but note that I am not encouraging you nor I am connected with the Johnson Property Group:

"
Excitement is building as the VIP Release Day for our latest Vermont release, The Ferns within the Fernville precinct, has been set for Sunday June 15.

As you are a VIP, I have included The Ferns stage-plan. Simply view and download the stage-plan here: http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=1aaf2f18e7ffe ... a3a9996ba1. Please note that there are two pages and please let me know if you have any issues with the download link.

The price range for The Ferns has also been set and the lots will range from $420,000 to $460,000.

There are 33 lots within The Ferns release with frontages ranging from 16m to 19m wide and lot sizes ranging from 550sqm to 764sqm. But The Ferns is more than just land - it's lunch beside the river, it's more space to play outside, it's safe wide streets, it's a quiet place to retreat.

The VIP Release Day online appointment registration will be happening in coming weeks. Once this has been finalised I will ensure to provide you with all the finer details.

If you haven't already, I invite you to join our community through the Vermont Facebook page: http://cl.s6.exct.net/?qs=1aaf2f18e7ffe ... d1d1698c5a.

Please don't hesitate to contact one of my team members or myself if you have any question.

Kind regards,

Braden Johnson
Sales & Marketing Director
Johnson Property Group

M 0438 485 888 | T 02 8023 8838 | E bradenj@johnsonpropertygroup.com.au

Vermont Sales Centre
Bootles Lane, Vermont, Pitt Town NSW 2756
PO Box A1308, Sydney South NSW 1235
www.vermontliving.com.au
"
@kaycee. Thanks for that information. I have now registered. Yes lot sizes and frontage is good. Although Eara is more ideal location. So I guess something needs to give way.

Being new to the home building...The land being released in Elara, will these be ready for build once registered? My broker has informed me that I need to be aware of any extra costs that could be associated if or when I bought the land, that is why a House&land package is ideal because it includes all costs. I am working with a budget and dont want to be exposed to any extra costs because of not knowing. If anyone can provide some insight on this, especially those who have bought in the Elara's 1st stage and what they need to do before a builder can commence on the land.
Thanks
@paulm29: I have been to the Elara site and can say that it is definitely more level than GL before GL was bulldozed.
@kaycee, once you have settled a land in Elara, how soon can you sell? What if you can't sell within the 12-month period prior building a housen, you are now required to build?
@theziplocks: You will just be extremely unlucky if you are not able to dispose a vacant land within 12 months. 2-3 months before registration the developer will usually notify you to give you ample time to prepare your finance. You can also take this opportunity to start talking to real estate agents and express to them your intention. For example, a 450sqm Elara block that is being marketed at $355K now could be selling at $400K - $450K on June 2015. Therefore you gain at least $40K and get at least $20K after deducting capital gains tax. Please don't take this as a financial advice as this is just my own amateur view. It is better to speak to a professional financial planner/adviser or an accountant.
Well you also have to factor in all the initial costs during purchase (eg LMI, Stamp Duty, solicitor fees etc) and the costs for selling. This will be approximately 5% of the land cost. If you're getting only $20K after CGT less all your purchase/selling costs, you won't be getting much in the end.

However, if you wait until your land sells 100K more than your purchase price, you can get considerable amount of money. Having said that, it could take almost 12 months to get to that price -- your deadline to start building the house.
Dead line is 24 mths for elara.
Hi sanremo,

That means I can buy a lot by paying 10k and lan registration would be in mid 2016. After registration, I have 24 months to build and I can choose any builder from its preferred or can build with third builder ???
mostly correct @dudhatra mate, expect for fact land registration, will be mid 2015 as per stockland,, n 24 mths from thereon.
Folks, let us all join sanremo in Elara then!!!

@sanremo: Thank you for the valuable information.
Hope we all grow and prosper mate,,,, all the best to all of you bunch out there.
For those who missed this:

http://www.stockland.com.au/assets/home ... 260514.pdf
Anyone got an update on the next Elara land release? Been ringing stockland for info and they keep telling me a consultant will give me a callback but they never did.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum