Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Bell River Homes in Schofields NSW?

Page 2 of 17
I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat yandm

I wasn't informed of any potential price rises! How could the price possibly go up? What are we paying extra for and why?

And not sure about which estate I fall under, guess I'll find out down the track. Way, down the track.
Are you in Schofieds though mcosta2?

The price increase is in the Tender that you sign with Bellriver. It says something like, if they do not start construction within 365 days from the date you sign the Tender, the price may be reviewed and increased. Does not say by how much. Pretty worrying now that all this is happening. However, I remember Bellriver saying it would not be a major increase. Who knows, sigh.
Yep, I'll be in Schofields. Whistler St is a proposed Rd. I'm in stage 1.

Wow I see. I guess we'll wait and see what it is. they'll certainly get a very bad name for themselves if they jack up the prices.
I'm also building with Bell River Homes in Shofields and I am very concerned about the situation with such a delay in the land approval.
I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat, kost.
They're meant to be clearing the land this month so lets hope this happens!
Hi everyone,
We drove through Westminster Street yesterday and it was great to see that they have started clearing the land on both sides of Westminster Street and along Chester Street.
Oh great! I'll have a look next week! Thanks ndep58 :
I drove by today and excited to see that the block is all clear! Not yet levelled though but huge progress in just a matter of 2-3 weeks.

Still havent heard from Bellriver though, I sent an email 3 weeks ago. No response at all. Bit disappointing
I saw this too! Very exciting!

Although, nothing from Bell River either. Should we be surprised though? Lol
I guess not!
Colour selections??

Anyone been to do colour selections? Any advice before we meet with them?

Thanks.
Hmm.. Colour selections advice would be...
Have fun with it! Oh and be prepared to pay a bit more for some of the variations you'd like. Or have a strict budget to stick to or you'll end up with a few thousand worth of variations like myself
Thanks mcosta2, we only just built our last home 2 1/2 years ago with Eden Brae Homes and we spent a whole day doing our colour selections, we also came out with around $15K of upgrades, which we then cut back.

Just wondering how the Bellriver experience compares, but we will be going in about a month so see how it goes. Must be more restrained this time around!!

Anyone else building on Sparrow Street?? Happy to see the land clearing has begun, but still not clear on where our street will be?
For me it was a positive experience, it took me about 6 hours I think. 20k in variations. But its my first home and I want it to be exactly what I want. Also spent the next few weeks emailing the coordinator and deciding on other variations and she was quite helpful so don't feel like you have to have everything finalized on that one day, theres still time to discuss changes you'd like to make. I think it was the best part of the whole experience. Now its just the waiting.
Hmm.. Sparrow St sounds familiar. I'm on Whistler, another proposed rd, I think it might be near that.
Thanks mcosta2, your info is appreciated.
mcosta2, what house design are you building??
Barcelona design, bitsnpieces
We are building Bayview with Contemporary Façade.
Hi guys, we are building Winston with contemporary facade. Did you get to choose the facade or was it told to you?
I got to choose from about 4 facades, yandm.
Related
28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum