Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building the Burbank Prescott

Page 2 of 4
Anocha
Thanks heaps dsbuild hope your one starts moving fast again. Yeah we r still waiting 4 the build permit. I just wanna see the commencement letter already and I already feel like opening a champagne when the slab is in hahaha imagine when it's all done ready to move in, I'd probably turn alcoholic lol!

You may find that you will want to pop a few champagne bottles as you reach a new stages of the build
You realised we have high jacked Prescott builds thread! sorry! You have a bit of a wait to go Anocha....
You guys need to allow min 12 weeks for pre sight .. The joy of waiting but things will move fast once earth works starts
Hi Guys!!!
I finally got the building permit and the final plans signed/sent this morning.. now waiting for the commencement letter woohoo!! that bottle of champagne!! I'm coming lol!!

Sorry Prescott_Build about hijacking the thread.. maybe I should start my one
I'm just so glad I found your thread and everyone here is so helpful!!!
))

DSBuild/Mentone - it's been raining heaps hopefully there's still progress on your build?
Haha anocha, no problems! I've been pretty slack on updates even though a lot has been happening. Our temporary fence went up at the end of May and as of today plastering is done - so slab, frame, roof etc all done within 5 weeks which we are rapt about. And it is amazing seeing it all come to life and our selections taking place in real life. I have come to love our bricks (they weren't our first choice but they look great!) and our roof with the new colorbond basalt looks very cool. Still not sure how our backyard will look by the end of it as the house is a higher level than the garage at the back so still some surprises to come. Another surprise was a niche in our entry hallway which we didn't ask for but doesn't worry us that it's there, adds a bit of interest I suppose!

So very happy with the builders' quality and progress. Communication with burbank not as great, have had to take the initiative outer wise we would never get updates.

Hope everyone else's builds are going well! I will try to get some pics happening. Cheers!
Slab (the lower part is the front porch)

Frame

Gutters

Roof

Plaster delivered

Brickwork

Plaster
We also have our bath, more plaster done since the pic above (cornices), shower base, all internal doors delivered and our lovely front door attached waiting to be stained later.
COngrats on Slab, frame, Roof and soon to be Plaster Prescott_Build

Your build going at a great pace, be in the home in no time

Do you have a PCI date as yet?

Never know we may be moving in same time
Thanks! Revealing my ignorance here but what's PCI? If it's when we finish then we are hoping for oct/nov if all goes well!
Prescott_Build
Thanks! Revealing my ignorance here but what's PCI? If it's when we finish then we are hoping for oct/nov if all goes well!

PCI is the last inspection you get before they hand the keys.. I reckon by your build pace you be in by SEP
Congrats Precott-build!! that's exciting! Thats so quick u have all that done in 5 weeks!

Are you getting your own home inspector as well?

Mentone - I thought your home nearly finished feels like ur about 5-10 weeks ahead of us? Oh would u recommend independent house inspector? And which stage can we get them to inspect?

Our slab is going in this week woohoo!!! Will put the photos up soon I don't have much to show at this stage lol!
We probably will get some tradie relatives over to help inspect and make sure everything is perfect when the time comes. I know I will he too excited to notice anything!

Yay slab soon! I found that once our slab was down everything whooshed along very quickly
The house is coming along great Prescott! Have they run out of bricks or are they doing a reverse build? (The photo of your entry). My admin girl keeps stress that double story takes so much longer and that a single story is only 3 months!
That's right dsbuild & Mentone u guys r building a double story home that's why it's taking longer. Hang in there! can't wait to see pics of your white kitchen when it's done too
)

Precott - All the best looks like I'm about 5 weeks behind you!
Checked the house today and since Monday a lot has been happening! Cabinetry is done, painting started and bricks 90% finished! It is looking awesome!

Nice job !!
Thanks mentone! I checked out your thread too and it is looking very very close, how exciting! Great choices too, love the bathrooms
Never know we may be celebrating handover same day
Very nice Prescott! Did you upgrade your handles? The standard ones are thicker aren't they? I like your ones, but didn't wanna pay more lol! Can't wait to see when your bench top goes in! Looking at your pics give me ideas what our house will look like as well cos we're also building a presscott (modified) We got a white/single layer stone bench top.. with chocolate brown cupboard doors/draws.
Hi anocha,

Thanks for the comment! The handles were standard, we didn't want to pay extra either! Not sure if they have changed since our colour appointment though. We've got grey stone benchtop going in the kitchen and black stone benchtop in the bathrooms so hopefully it looks good!!
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum