Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carrington Grange - Our 1st build ***New Pics Page 3***

Page 2 of 3
I've been thinking the same all day!
I will have to speak with the other half tonight and see what his opinion is.

I'm intrigued to know what they will charge for some of the extras were enquiring about!

Thank you! I'm happy with our choice, we initially set out for a 12.5m front but this way we have a little extra room and won't look so squished in!

We were a little worries as we were #26 on the list and I was sure we would miss out but it worked out nicely!

Your house looks massive!! Do you have a copy of the floor plan? Would love to see it!
You’ll definitely appreciate the extra space on the sides; it’ll give you more light & extra ventilation.

Our admin process took forever and you can see that from our timeline of events to when we finally settled. Of course, this was partly overextended by the design review panel (DRP)for Bunya - as they have to approve the final design before the house contract can be signed and this then allows you to proceed onto settlement for the land – complicated I know!

I’ve sent you a PM
Update:

It's been a bit quiet on the build front, but I do have a small update:

The 1st floor roof is 99% done
Solar panels installed
Eaves to 1st floor installed
Cladding installed

Its starting to take shape...
Update:

Cladding, eaves, downpipes painted. Rendering painting in progress & scaffolding removed.

Wow! It looks amazing!!
What colours did you pick for your roof and rendering?

Won't be long and they will be hanging plaster!!
Looks awesome and specious iankun very happy for ya
Hi All,
Its been a while since I last posted any updates. The timeline has now been brought up to date. We're waiting for the internal walls, cornices, skirting to be completed this week so the stairs can be done on Monday (has been rescheduled once as the gyp-rock was delayed).
Its been a bit slow going on the build side compared to other houses around me (Wisdom and Eden Brae). There have been a few weeks in between of no activity and that has tested my patience a bit, but we're getting there.

Thanks Emma and Transformation for your kind words!

I hope all of you building with Elderton are doing well, it's great to see new build threads that have come up recently. I wish you all happy building and I'll be following your threads with great interest.
Drove past the site today and noticed all the walls have now been gyprocked!
It was pouring down hard, and I noticed a leak in the garage eave. Will have to get them to fix it.
Horray for gyprock!

Luckily you've found the leak now and not later

Can't wait to see some internal pics
have you been inside as yet?
Hi Emma,

Haven't been inside yet, will wait for when the SS swings by and go in with him. I'm dying to take pics myself. Stairs should be going in on Monday too & hopefully the cornices and skirting will follow soon after.
Stairs were started today.
I got a chance to get a quick peek from the outside after work. It was dark but I'm relieved to see it doesn't take up most of the entry way & the first step has a decent amount of space from the front door.
We had the hallway space widened in the plan and this has paid off!
iankun
Stairs were stared today. I got a chance to get a quick peek from the outside after work. It was dark but I'm relieved to see that it doesn't take up most of the entry way and the first step is a bit further away from the front door.
We had the hallway space widened in the plan and this has paid off!

Hi iankun

The house looks fab. Yours is corner block am i right? I am about to secure a block in JS in NorthRidge. Can you share what is your block size?? Also i looking forward to know about the Stamp Duty... I hear that stamp duty is exempted for First home buyers. Can you provide any update in regards to stamp duty... like is it actually exempted?

once again congrats for the new house
Gyprock Images:

Solar Panels

Front

Kitchen and WIP

Garage through to Front of house

Garage

Kitchen/meals through to lounge and alfresco

lounge through to kitchen

downstairs guest bedroom 4

downstairs guest bedroom 4

Stairs - Storage door

Stairs (shot from lounge)

Stairs (shot from front door)

front office/study

Stairs (shot from front porch)

Stairs from bottom

Stairs from midway

Stairs from Top landing

Stairs from Top landing

master bedroom

Ensuite through to WIR through to master bed
Looks AMAZING!!!! How awesome to see it all coming together!
I just noticed we've went for the same facade

I was worried about the windows to the main bedroom but you've made me feel better with internal pics!
Love the use of storage under the stairs. So many people options for bookcases instead at the moment.
Some more updates.....

We've got waterproofing, cabinets installed, doors, architraves and cornices in, 1st coat of paint & garage doors to name a few.

water proofed main bathroom upstairs

kitchen cabintery

fresh paint - downstairs

fresh paint - upstairs

fresh paint - master bedroom

Garage door
Awesome pics iankun loved your stairs, your place looks huge!!! You shouldn't be too far from PCI, started packing yet?
Thanks Transformation - I'll be joining you next month hopefully.
Bags have always been packed haha. I was ready to move in at the bricking stage!
Updates....

They've nearly finished with the second coat of paint for the internals.
All tiling has been completed.
kitchen is pretty much done except for the splash-back and the framing around the windows.
Down-pipes are done too, just need painting.

A few random pics to share...

Ok, we're getting close now. Hopefully Elderton can have the house ready for us by the end of next week!
I saw the driveway being smoothed over on the way to work today and it's quite reassuring to see that - as it signifies the end is close! Shower screens and electrical fit-out is left along with some fittings inside and out. Alfresco and porch need to be painted as well.

We are excited!
That's awesome news Ian!!
You'll need to update us with pics soon!
fingers crossed you'll have the ok to move in ASAP!
Related
5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum