Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Aveley, Dale Alcock - Contracts Hiccup

Page 2 of 3
My husband and I have been trying to narrow down selections prior to pre-start. We had the chance to go to Dale Alcock Central today and have a look around.

We are happy with most things except we couldn't find a paver that we liked. This would just be for our driveway & entry, with the possibility of adding more down the side of the house. The standard range are just smaller than we would like. We do like the fancy concrete stuff with little pebbles in it but I've heard that is expensive.

I would love to know what others have chosen. I would hate to add another thing to the list of things we are doing after handover.

Thanks
Bevnic
If you're considering exposed aggregate or liquid limestone DAH can do it for you but it's much cheaper to organise it yourself after handover.

We couldn't find any pavers we liked either so we had the driveway/path and alfresco paving deleted from our contract (we were credited for it) and were considering liquid limestone. At this point we're either going to do the liquid limestone, or use reconstituted limestone pavers.
Thanks Fancypants

I think we will take out the pavers & do the aggregate ourselves after handover.

Sigh! The list gets longer! It's hard being fussy.
Thats what we did. We got a $1700 credit for removing the pavers. Im getting quotes now for exposed aggregate and so far its been between $5500-6000!!!! I didnt think it would be that much. Im kind of thinking i should have just kept the pavers!!
Much more expensive but the exposed aggregate does look really good. House next door just had it done and I'm wishing we had have gone that way. To my mind worth the extra.
Althom
Much more expensive but the exposed aggregate does look really good. House next door just had it done and I'm wishing we had have gone that way. To my mind worth the extra.

Thats exactly what i want to hear. My head is telling me i should have done the cheaper option but my heart wants something nicer. I got another guy out today and we measured area as 43sqm but the other guy measured it as 56sqm so im hoping quote will be a bit cheaper.
Thanks Tracy & Althom.

I think we will get a larger sized paver quoted & if it's not worthwhile we can just take it out. Then we will see how much is left in the budget after our flooring is done.
Atlas have a new 290*290 paver so might be worth asking if DAH will go with hat. They had only just taken up the 230*230 when we built.
Nice plan, and love the facade!

Looks like we are round abouts the same time line. You'll love Aveley - the wetlands park in the middle is a great exercise track and the front lakes are awesome. We built on verbana (off Millhouse) but just recently sold so we can build again in Ashby.

Good luck - can't wait to see yours start to come together

We have been in Perth for a few days and were so excited to see there is a flat but of sand where our street will be! I can't wait until it's actual bitumen.

I'm not sure how things are looking for November settlement but we are not in too much of a rush so I don't mind delaying the new mortgage payments a little bit.

Over the last few days we've been visiting displays to try & narrow down tile & colour selections. We're getting there slowly and I can't wait for pre-start!
I like seeing everyone else going through this part of excitement, makes me feel better about how I was when we were going through it haha!
bevnic

Now this is exciting!
Hi Bevnic,
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on your new adventure and building with us

I've just started following so I can keep up with your progress and see how things are coming along, if I can do anything to help just let me know.

-Shannon
fancy pants
bevnic

Now this is exciting!

I saw this over the weekend and I was excited. I hope titles come out in a few weeks as promised.
Mr Wolf I'm not optimistic about November titles, there still looks like so much work to do. Maybe late November!
November 30 is still November!

*fingers crossed*
bevnic
Mr Wolf I'm not optimistic about November titles, there still looks like so much work to do. Maybe late November!

I hope they keep their promise, it is not fun having to drive to see a pile of sand every other weekend!
Well it sure looks to me like someone is going to be getting titles this month! If it's not you bevnic and Mr Wolf, I'm sure you guys will be very soon. There's been an amazing amount of progress underway.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/pants_de_fancy/november_zps9ffbb989.jpg
Hi bevnic, your plan looks very practical, I especially like the layout of your master bedroom. well done! look forward to following your progress here
Thanks Janice, we are really looking forward to having a master suite! We don't have an ensuite at the moment, so I can't wait.

Fancy pants, I was in Perth yesterday and drove past, we aren't looking as pretty as your picture but we did have bitumen! It is looking good!
Related
3/10/2023
Issues with building contracts

General Discussion

Industry type domestic contracts are prepared by industry bodies for the benefit of the builders. This means that if you are the owner watch out. One of the points is…

27/04/2024
Building contracts

Building A New House

Hello, I am currently working on a study in regards to building contracts in Australia. I would like to interview people with their building experience in Australia and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum