Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Caddens penrith

Page 2 of 12
Seen 2 houses with frames up and one has roofs on it.

2 Mcdonaldjones and 1 adenbrook.
Drove past on the weekend. The Adenbrook has most of its bricks up. Another site was being prepared for slab to be poured.
Up there checking out our lot (again) and see that 231 have begun cut & fill ready for slab.

We're not really up every weekend, but the inlaws live in the area so figure we might as well have a look.
Oh no I'm turning into a serial poster ... But thought I share we have just gone to Tender with Rawson, the Benham29 with a few internal Mods.
Looking forward to getting the ball rolling.
Sounds great Kiwifire, it will be interesting to see your places going up as we may be building a Rawson in the next release (as long as we can get land that we like). There will be Rawson houses everywhere in Caddens!

We will either build the Chifley or the Seaview. Still trying to figure out which one will suit our needs the best.
Hi Everyone, we are also building in Caddens, haven't quite decided on our builder yet, have it down to 2 so will decide soon who best meets our budget and which house design best suits our family. Looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences with their builds! Goodluck everyone, very exciting times ahead
I see stage 4 goes on sale this Saturday 22nd, strange I never received the notification, anyway, lots are smaller and more expensive. Almost all have been filled and leveled.
Check out the Caddens website for more info.
yes it looks like our value of land has already gone up which is awesome.
Went for a drive today:
3 MDJ frames up on Tangerine st
1 Edenbrea almost finished.
Slab down on Barnea ave
Frame up on Cadda ridge
On a positive note we exchanged today & hope to settle within a few weeks.... Full steam ahead.
We've chosen or bricks (sort of)
Just thought i'd let you all know:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Caddens/272489059557599
I don't think it's Tangerine st with the 3 MDJ frames. I'm on Tangerine and nothing has been done in the whole st.
Its Braeburn with the MDJ frames.
Yep sorry Braeburn ... Always getting my fruit names mixed up
There are no blocks in this new release that we like. We want a bigger block. We will now wait until the next release!
We ave our Tender presentation tomorrow ... First step to blowing the budget out of the water
Hi Kiwifire, good luck with your tender, totally understand about blowing the budget! So much you can spend your money on and it all adds up! I have come to the realisation that compromises have to be made along the way to reduce cost, we are looking at doing some things after the build.
Tender accepted, reasonably happy with the price.
2 days after tender acceptance my job got made redundant which sort of throws a spanner In the works.
Have heard from our CSO and received our pack.
Now to find a job
Woohoo settled on our land 2 weeks ago... It our and the banks.
I've found a great job, starting in 2weeks.
Just waiting on first draft plans from Rawson, we've picked our external finishes and ready to get stuck in.
Any news from Caddens folk?

My plans should be coming out of council this week.
just discovered a DA on the Penrith council site for a child Care centre @ 14 Tangerine st.

Also has anyone else had to install aluminium widow shading to ground floor north facing windows?

Kiwifire
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum