Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My build thread - Kellyville

Page 2 of 2
Thanks 4evaesh.

We did finally settled on the land (mortgage payment started as well, Yay!!!
)

I've heard about white design from someone else on the forum. Were they good?
Good luck finding a builder, hope you don't have to cut down too much!
TinaG
Good luck finding a builder, hope you don't have to cut down too much!

Well, the final tender came in last week... Ouch...
We have to fork in additional ~30k due to the status of the land (sloping, extending the driveway, upgrade from M slab to P slab, put in drop edge beams, 10k litre water tank etc etc etc...). One of those things that you never thought of I guess.
azure7
Thanks 4evaesh.

We did finally settled on the land (mortgage payment started as well, Yay!!!
)

I've heard about white design from someone else on the forum. Were they good?

Good news re land, yea now the fun begins!!!

Nope, didn't get far with white design - to be honest didn't even get to do the first meeting! They got the appointment wrong and was a no show on the day. Didn't hear back for two days after that. Then got an email about the date mixup and they were supposed to call to rearrange the next day - yet to receive a call!!! I won't be hurrying to do any work with them anytime soon...

HD
After months and months of delay choosing a builder and dealing with banks, we are finally at the stage of getting DA.
Now the fun begins!
My friend is selling in Ananngrove , and will build pitt town way, any advice re builders. She wants 2 storey , 4 bed. Coming from 5 acres so isn't happy...but that's the GFC for ya .
Hey kiwi... after speaking to 15 builders and going through the tender process , we settled with Finesse home builders. They are a small private company in Norwest and have been the most competitive with price, inclusions and quality of work as well. However, I must warn you the owner is extremely - what's the word - let's say 'careful'
when trying anything out of his comfort zone - things like polished concrete etc. was a no go initially.

Happy to chat to your friend if they want to pm me, can give more details on my experience with current builder and others we've spoken to.
Thank you so much, I will pass that info on to her. I will also share your blog link and she may get in touch ( she is not on the forum. Not really an Internet junky, unlike moi) thank you though, much appreciated
Related
28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum