Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

PCI not far off

Page 2 of 7
Have finally worked out how to imbed our Initial Drawings for all to view (thks Gristy)

Will have it posted in 24hrs

Few amendments to be made to Alfresco to fit the BBQ and also deep in thought about dropping the Sitting Room ceiling height from 2700 so the measurements are in line with the Room Dimensions calculated by TN laboratories (seems their calc method is well supported).

Back to doing some more home work
Feel free to make any suggestions when the Drawings appear
nice plans you may wish to remove your personal details
they said its not possible to have diff ceiling heights in diff rooms interesting if you get told the same
Pugs

where are they cannot see anything!
Gristy
they said its not possible to have diff ceiling heights in diff rooms interesting if you get told the same

Shall ask the question also and see what they say, Plan B would to do a drop ceiling and have a recessed border around the edges where could seat some lighting. Who knows, that may look lame also....
Pugs

Good call Pugs !!!

take Two

Nice

That's how we wanted the en suite/robe but was gonna cost way too much! Where'd the rumpus room go haha
Mia love the his and her wir, great idea. We have a higher ceiling in our entrance which was no issue with them so not sure if they would have an issue with dropping the height of a ceiling?
Love the WIR's ours are similar!
Considers the space you have in the ensuite have you considered a wall/door to close off the toilet? This could just be me. After ears of having only one toilet that was in the bathroom I am excited about toilets with doors!
fmac
Love the WIR's ours are similar!
Considers the space you have in the ensuite have you considered a wall/door to close off the toilet? This could just be me. After ears of having only one toilet that was in the bathroom I am excited about toilets with doors!

Yeah plenty of space Fmac, just not sure what configuration of modules to fit after handover. At the moment Builder will install the token melamine shelf and hanging rail. For the nominal Credit of $132 to have it removed from the Contract it will stay initially while we decide plan of attack.

We have a Cavity Slider to close off the Bathroom/WIR. Miss Mia is overjoyed with the concept of two bathrooms and has already set some ground rules
I am also very excited about two bathrooms!

We've had plans drawn up already for our WIR. It was only $1090 so paid our deposit and they'll sneak in and accurately measure before lockup so they are ready to install once we get keys! Very excited.
fmac
I am also very excited about two bathrooms!

We've had plans drawn up already for our WIR. It was only $1090 so paid our deposit and they'll sneak in and accurately measure before lockup so they are ready to install once we get keys! Very excited.

Well played. Seems like you got a very competitive price from what our brief research has revealed. And to pro-actively take on the task is refreshing to see. Few we have spoken to lack interest in even quoting, no doubt because we are a fair way off 'handing over the $$$$'

Will have to pop over visit your thread
I wanted an idea of cost before deleting the shelf and rail the builder includes.

I was impressed with the company, he actually down sold us as we could add draws but after talking to him realized we didn't need them and saved $500!

We don't even have council approval so was impressed they were happy for us to pay the deposit and lock in the price. So nice to find genuine service and pride in work still exists!
fmac
I wanted an idea of cost before deleting the shelf and rail the builder includes.

I was impressed with the company, he actually down sold us as we could add draws but after talking to him realized we didn't need them and saved $500!

We don't even have council approval so was impressed they were happy for us to pay the deposit and lock in the price. So nice to find genuine service and pride in work still exists!

you able to point us in the direction of a drawing to get some idea?

and only $132 credit that sucks haha
I'll see if I can find the drawings they did for us and post them.

Yeah I think we got $140 for the rail and shelf, but no point putting it in to take out again.

Found the drawing, it is pretty basic but makes good use of the space we have available

Plans look GREAT!!!!! Cant wait to see it all come together!!
Well selections are over (well in process of being signed off) and we are still talking albeit the tile selections made for an interesting experience.....application lodged with council and soon time to sit back and relax until we join the 'we've been slabbed community'

We have come up with what will be a modern style that will bring earthy tones flowing through to the pool/alfresco area...

Combination of a sleek gunmetal roof flowing through to the Browns....this flows through the internals with our Coffee Bamboo Floors offset by a Silk white kitchen and for a dash of vibrancy a nice but not in your face blue splashback

Without going in to war and peace we are happy with the selections now to visit the upgrades...did have one win where we were originally quoted $198.00 for 8 x 500mm laminate shelves only to then see at the next draft a zero on the end to $1980

Happy to report that with a little prod the commitment at $198.00 was honoured, just got to be careful where the Builder may catch it up
New Home Contract signed sealed and delivered, still more drawings to come and sign off though...when does it end.

We were hoping we would be on site by NOW or early March however looks like now with private certifying and council Development Consent that is a month away and then 20days thereafter Builder goes to site. So mid - late April = late September finish on their proposed 22 week Build time.

Only issue with that is Mr had the month of September off work which now has to change and may not be as easy as it sounds

Either way near the home straight and the excitement is Building to soon see things start to rise from the ground.....

Now to obtain the final quotes and do the bank valuation which in reading the forum results can vary in the current climate, not even our crystal ball can give us confidence how this chapter will unfold.....

VERY EXCITING though
YAY!! That is exciting and great to see the progress! Selections look great as well!
Glad to see it all coming together and really April will be here before you know it!
Hi Miss Mia, just found your thread. We're building in Charles Sturt area too. Your plans and colours look great.

Red_Jezzabelle, what brick is that on your blog?
Related
22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum