Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Fairmont Homes

Page 2 of 2
Our sales consultant ws Michael too:) We are actually building a modified plan of another builders:) So not a fairmont design. Our slab went down on July 16th. Framework started on Monday this week and was all finnished by Wednesday night. Bill arrived today lol dont waste their time with those!
havent been on here for a bit
thanks for info on how to upload a pic will try it in the next few days.

our house has been locked up and the kitchen and bathroom cupboards are getting installed on the 10th sept.

they are flying so it still puzzles me why we were told june 2013 as hand over. everyone keeps telling me it should be finished by xmas (14 weeks) id love that.

how is everyone elses progress going
We got our footings variation!!! Only $11700!!! So excited! $2300 under budget! Can afford the stone bench top now!
So far we have found Fairmont really slow, started 3 weeks before Rossdale down the road and now they are ahead of us.
Ive found them pretty good so far! Posss, do you have any idea how much it costs to put in shelves and drawers into walk in and built in robes?
We just have the shelf and rail, I know we paid around 300 for a broom cupboard in the laundry.
Thanks posss
it's expensive isn't it? We added an extra linen cupboard to our laundry and it cost $800!
Hey Sammymac, have you got a timeline for your house? What area are you building in?
we're done
well we have the keys and have done handover

only had to get them back to sand the alfresco smooth so i could tile
and paint touchups really
everything else seems to have been ok
mind you we havent actually moved in yet
waiting on a tiler and then carpet
Well, another week with full of action from the millipedes. No sign of contractors, hope the millipedes can build our house for us.
We have our bricks nearly done only front section to go will hopefully be dont next week. The internal insulation and giprocking and flushing has all been done to:) Nice to walk around and get a better idea or rooms etc:)
We have also ordered our carpet which will be done after:)
Im hoping we will still make our feb 20th completion date!
What is everyone doing for window coverings?
Well, we've had another week of no action. Think Fairmonts tradies are off for Christmas.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum