Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dale Alcock Homes building in Rossmoyne

Page 2 of 3
It's the Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) that's offered for Small Scale Solar Energy systems.

It's a multiplier effect that is decreased over the years.

More information can be obtained from http://www.orer.gov.au/About-the-Scheme ... about-sres

I think the multiplier drops after every 30th June, until it hits 1x which means no multiplier at all. I'm sure you can find more by googling for it.
Hi aquanoob
Is your slab down yet?
been a while since you posted. Hope everything is ok.
Bagheera
Looking good aquanoob - I did a demo and re-built with DAH as well - moved in the house last year currently waiting for the Money fairy to visit me so I can finish the outdoors...

Do you have the modified plans yet? Must be so exciting for you to be so close to get started... I know I was

Talking about the upgrades and getting "raped" - we missed all together on the promotion running at the time as we combined two plans to fit our wide land so they called it "special" and gave us nothing...
They didn't have such good offers at the time but still it was the glass splashback, integrated microwave, integrate dishwasher and pull out bins...

I'm still holding a grudge with my sales rep on that and a few other points...

Our land is almost 900sqm but it has a very wide frontage and shorter depth and a drop of 1.4m from left to right... Love the space but had to put retaining walls which chewed our budget pretty quickly...

Anywho - good luck and enjoy the ride - I'll keep an eye on your thread - it's going to be fun watching

what a load of crap - their ad says you get the extras on "every home built" I would have told them to naff off and would have gone with another builder.

I am on the verge of signing with Dales - does anyone know if you can supply some of your own stuff - ie oven/cooktops etc?

cheers
Hi Auds.

I just wanted to provide some details about supplying your own items. Whilst it is possible to do this in some cases, we don't tend to recommend it, but just give some basic info - each item would need to be insured, as they wouldn't fall under our own included within the build.

Each item would also need to comply with Australian Standards - I don't have the info to hand for this, but can find out more if you'd like me to?

Have you been to our showroom in Osborne Park? You're welcome to pop in any time if you haven't already and see all of our products available.
http://www.dalealcock.com.au/The-Dale-A ... k-Central/

For the current Momentum extras offer, this does apply to any DAH home. If you need any more info around this or anything else at all, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

Best regards,

Jemima.
Hya Jemima

I am in the south west so no we havent been up to Perth to look. We are going to the Bunbury offices this week to see what is up there.

I am looking for a high end home so I would assume that all the things I chose would be up to Australian Standards. I guess I am just hoping to save a few $$$ on upgrading. As is - the home we are looking at is quite a bit over our budget but we are working to resolve that issue.

cheers
Sounds like you have everything under control.

Good luck in making your choice and finding your perfect home! If you need to get in touch at any point please do.

All the best.

Jemima.
auds
Hya Jemima

I am in the south west so no we havent been up to Perth to look. We are going to the Bunbury offices this week to see what is up there.

I am looking for a high end home so I would assume that all the things I chose would be up to Australian Standards. I guess I am just hoping to save a few $$$ on upgrading. As is - the home we are looking at is quite a bit over our budget but we are working to resolve that issue.

cheers

Been busy awhile, but back. Noted this in my thread. I'll be updating with pics etc shortly... but to address your point regarding the Builder in your earlier posts about special deals, every builder comes out with different specials at various times trying to get new clients. Bagheera just missed out, bad timing i suppose. If we could all gaze into a crystal ball, we'd all be getting the best deals etc...

So far, I've had no complaints, and to be honest, the build has been professional and communication has been courteous. Their brickie trades are top notch (so far), and site is one of the cleaner sites compared to other builders around I know.

And as for Australian Standards, all builds have to meet at least AS, or else they'd be up the creek when you come knocking on poor workmanship. Sure, its subcontractors that do the work, but it's their license and insurance that covers it, and they're liable for any work that's not done right, or 'to Standards'. This applies to all registered builders, though I'd recommend u pick one that will be around at least 10yrs from now - just in case.
All these happened in March 2012, with site prep in early March and soakwells going in at the end of March.

Took a pic of the raised level to account for the storms and spending the extra on raising the levels was in my view worth more than digging more soakwells.

And here's one of the site with the waterproof membrane, and additional reo for deeper footings (due to raised levels).

And finally, the slab with the 4 soakwells ready to go in. Note, the soakwells went in front of the house instead of being dotted around the property, which in my mind was great, any problems, just dig the front, didn't want any backhoes turfing up the back of the property in future.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
aquanoob
auds
Hya Jemima

cheers

Been busy awhile, but back. Noted this in my thread. I'll be updating with pics etc shortly... but to address your point regarding the Builder in your earlier posts about special deals, every builder comes out with different specials at various times trying to get new clients. Bagheera just missed out, bad timing i suppose. If we could all gaze into a crystal ball, we'd all be getting the best deals etc...

So far, I've had no complaints, and to be honest, the build has been professional and communication has been courteous. Their brickie trades are top notch (so far), and site is one of the cleaner sites compared to other builders around I know.

And as for Australian Standards, all builds have to meet at least AS, or else they'd be up the creek when you come knocking on poor workmanship. Sure, its subcontractors that do the work, but it's their license and insurance that covers it, and they're liable for any work that's not done right, or 'to Standards'. This applies to all registered builders, though I'd recommend u pick one that will be around at least 10yrs from now - just in case.

Hey there

I would be interested in knowing how much it cost you to beef the pad up - we also have weather issues and are very close to the beach - we are looking at raising our pad up as well. If it is something you dont mind sharing would you please pm me - thank you.

In regards to Bagheeras post - it reads to me like they just refused and that their was a promotion on at the time but they backed out of it - I could be wrong the way I am reading this:

"we missed all together on the promotion running at the time as we combined two plans to fit our wide land so they called it "special" and gave us nothing"

A friend of mine was building with another builder a couple of years back - they had a promotion running at the time which was advertised everywhere. Her mum had just passed away and she was not thinking straight and didnt mention the promotion when signing contracts. Afterwards when she asked for her deal to be honoured (aircon I think it was) they told her she had missed out and that the promotion was no longer running.

I will be making sure whatever promotion I end up with - is in my contract
hi auds - that's correct - we assumed that being a house based on Aspire specification even though was a combination of two plans we will get the promotion they were running at the time. When we started discussing the promotion we were told that we don't qualify because our plan wasn't a standard plan... go figure that out!!!
Hi aquanoob, I love love love the archipelago plan of DAH (my husband even told me to shut up talking about it and I have also visited the display home about 5 times). If we didn't have ocean glimpses I would definitely be building that house. Can't wait to see how your build progresses.
NatsyPatsy78
Hi aquanoob, I love love love the archipelago plan of DAH (my husband even told me to shut up talking about it and I have also visited the display home about 5 times). If we didn't have ocean glimpses I would definitely be building that house. Can't wait to see how your build progresses.

So you do have ocean views/glimpses then
Make sure you watch out on the any metal finishes etc, are marine grade as salt is going to be one of the problems you'll have to contend with.
Quote:
Hey there

I would be interested in knowing how much it cost you to beef the pad up - we also have weather issues and are very close to the beach - we are looking at raising our pad up as well. If it is something you dont mind sharing would you please pm me - thank you.

In regards to Bagheeras post - it reads to me like they just refused and that their was a promotion on at the time but they backed out of it - I could be wrong the way I am reading this:

"we missed all together on the promotion running at the time as we combined two plans to fit our wide land so they called it "special" and gave us nothing"

A friend of mine was building with another builder a couple of years back - they had a promotion running at the time which was advertised everywhere. Her mum had just passed away and she was not thinking straight and didnt mention the promotion when signing contracts. Afterwards when she asked for her deal to be honoured (aircon I think it was) they told her she had missed out and that the promotion was no longer running.

I will be making sure whatever promotion I end up with - is in my contract

I would concur then that if the special was running at the time, they should have 'pushed a little harder' maybe for those deals
. We basically were 'quite lucky' in timing and managed to secure 'what we felt was a great design' and had to only modify it very slightly to fit our needs. The specials then could not reasonably be withheld. Our design was still called a 'special' though. It's in their portfolio of designs as a 5 bed 2 bath home.

I definitely agreed to ensure all items are recorded in black and white, emails included to provide a clear trace of communication between parties and remove any misrepresentations or misunderstandings as this isn't a short term project, and I can easily attest that my memory isn't like what it was in my younger days.

As for the raised slab, it was similar in cost to the additional cost of additional stormwater design and soakwells (possibly slightly cheaper after I ran through the figures) without changing the levels. However, the raised slab is IMHO always the better option as it would mean your house sits above the NGL and avoids threat of flooding. (ie. even 10mm higher than the street means that the water will flow onto the street rather than into your home - unless you get your street flooded too
).
Cant wait to see your build aquanoob.

We have taken alot of the design ideas from the Archipelago also.

Just on the topic of your raised slab height. Seems your fence will be quit low compared to your window height. Will make it easy for the neigbours to see in your house if the blinds are open. Just a note incase you havnt thought about it yet.

Goodluck.
Hi leezels
- do you have a thread yet?
Hi Bagheera, No not as yet. I'll get to that soon when I have some free time.
We have currently just started bwk so I better get cracking.
aquanoob
NatsyPatsy78

So you do have ocean views/glimpses then
Make sure you watch out on the any metal finishes etc, are marine grade as salt is going to be one of the problems you'll have to contend with.

Yes we definitely do get ocean glimpses and I have made quite a few building people look at our block so they know where the glimpses are so we can make sure that our house actually has said glimpse especially when the area gets more developed.

Yes my husband's onto that marine grade. More money, more money, let's hope I win the 70 million tonight!
NatsyPatsy78
Yes we definitely do get ocean glimpses and I have made quite a few building people look at our block so they know where the glimpses are so we can make sure that our house actually has said glimpse especially when the area gets more developed.

Yes my husband's onto that marine grade. More money, more money, let's hope I win the 70 million tonight!

You and me both!
leezels
Cant wait to see your build aquanoob.

We have taken alot of the design ideas from the Archipelago also.

Just on the topic of your raised slab height. Seems your fence will be quit low compared to your window height. Will make it easy for the neigbours to see in your house if the blinds are open. Just a note incase you havnt thought about it yet.

Goodluck.

Yes thanks for your thoughts, leezels. We have indeed considered it, and luckily, we have met the neighbours of the side where we're closest to the boundary and both parties have agreed to remove the existing 'asbestos fencing' and replace with new colorbond fencing raised a little higher to help obscure.

At worst, we might add that additional lattice extension.
Glad to see that they've got the aircell insulation put in for the west elevation, as we felt it prudent to have it installed on the hottest side for the Perth summers.

Silver sided insulation is laid between the double brick work and provides 'superior' insulation than the air gap only.

We traded off the aircell insulation for the whole home to limit it only for the west elevation, and got the Anticon 55 roof blanket for our metal roof, figured that the roof would be the heat soak rather than just the walls, that all sit under eaves anyway. Also picked up a higher grade roof inslation instead of the standard R3.0. More insulation the better I say.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum