Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Greenvale Gardens, Greenvale VIC - Boutique Homes

Page 2 of 9
Im Not sure if you guys noticed but my back fence has been ripped down. Turns out Australand were not happy with it. Not sure when it will be replaced. Soon.. I hope as i will be moving in soon and want to fence things up in the next 2 weeks or so.

Spoke to a concreat guy today... he did my driveway so if you want to imspect his work look at my driveway. i can pass on his details if you want just let me know in pm.

Skye02, if you are not happy with the fence let Russell from Austrland know before he pays them for the work.
hi all

mr_cool,

rob has been brillent definately deserves a beer after the house is done, my issues with australand have been the rear fences, oppticomm the progress of the estate, i would have hoped at the very least the main entrance would have been complete by now. i have had a mate who was going to buy in gardens but went to providence only because of the slowrate at which our estate is going at. also the position where they put our front water taps are right on the driveway and inthe landscape plan which threy appoved the taps are further central in the block, at which i am wanting then to move.
im sure everything will sort its self out.where looking to be in by next weekend aswell which is very exciting.

skye02

congrats on the block , when are you thinking about building?glad i got a neighbour now.
also guys in regards to fences i have been put onto a guy whos work i have seen and is very good. he is alot cheaper then most people i have had quotes from, he quoted me for 125x125 posts 1970mm high with capping $52 a meter. i would be looking to go with him when im ready. if you guys are interested PM me for details!

cheers
matt

ps look forward to having a beer with you guys!
Haha Rob defiantly deserves a few beers!

They have just started the estate front entry works now. It has taken so long due to Australand and Vicroads not agreeing on the design.
Also Opticom have given 2 different kinds of info on the home wiring requirements which contradict each other. I am in the process of trying to work out what wires need to go from the external cable entry to my hub in the garage.
I think tap works need to be sorted out with Yarra Valley Water.
I got a price of $57 per m for 125x75 exposed posts with capping. I think this is 1.9m+ capping. I have asked Australand for clarification as there are 2 different documents I have read which contradict 1.8 and 2m. $52 per/m is a great price, does this include GST? Some companies I spoke to gave me per/m prices which I worked out didn’t include GST until I got the official quotes. I got 1 quote today which was $80 per/m which was way over priced.

Beers will be a must once you guys move in, my best mate is also down the rd at 320 Scarlet, also with Boutique, looks like we are all within 20m of each other.
Thanks for that info Mr_Cool. i will give Russell a call tomorroe re: the back fence.

Thanks Matt. Our land doesnt settle until October so we will look at building after the Christmas break id say. We are yet to decide on a builder let alone a design. I am very partial to the Porter David Oakdale 26. Due to the frontage of our land being quite small Boutique didnt have much range for us - i did have a look at their "sister company" Homebuyers Centre which we both liked. I need to get out to Clyde North and have a look at the displays out there before we decide.
No Problem Skye02, let me know if you find out what the official fence hight is when you speak to Russell.
mr cool. that price for the fence is GST included, i havent really looked into it yet but have you looked at any prices about internet though oppticomm and foxtel? are prices about the same as the normal service?
Hi Matt,

That is a great price. Please PM me the fence guy's details. for reference i spoke to Russell yesterday the Official fence height is 2m inc capping with exposed posts Timber fencing.

Funny you should ask about Internet and Foxtel. I have just set up my internet with iiNet. http://www.iinet.net.au/fibre/plans.html I got the 25/5mbps 100gig peak 100gig offpeak for $64.95 per month. there is a $159 set up fee.

As for foxtel I have organised the install for 6th Oct to allow for the network to be commisioned. Spoke to them yesterday and they said end of the month as they are waiting for the power to be connected to their equipment station next to the sales office.
Hi Mr_Cool,

Do you have Russells surname or direct phone number? I called Australand yesterday and they put me through to a Russell who didnt answer & i left a message but am yet to hear back.
skye02
Hi Mr_Cool,

Do you have Russells surname or direct phone number? I called Australand yesterday and they put me through to a Russell who didnt answer & i left a message but am yet to hear back.

Hi Skye02

I've PM'd you Russell's contact details.

edb
Mr_Cool
Hi Matt,

That is a great price. Please PM me the fence guy's details. for reference i spoke to Russell yesterday the Official fence height is 2m inc capping with exposed posts Timber fencing.

Funny you should ask about Internet and Foxtel. I have just set up my internet with iiNet. http://www.iinet.net.au/fibre/plans.html I got the 25/5mbps 100gig peak 100gig offpeak for $64.95 per month. there is a $159 set up fee.

As for foxtel I have organised the install for 6th Oct to allow for the network to be commisioned. Spoke to them yesterday and they said end of the month as they are waiting for the power to be connected to their equipment station next to the sales office.

Hi Matt, Mr Cool;

Pls. PM me the fence guy details as well. That is a great price. Many thanks.
I got the house keys last Thu and have started moving in. Still dont have gas utility, as I'm waiting for the flooring to
complete before I could get the installers for oven, hot plates etc.

I called Opticomm yesterday and their cust representative could not provide any dates at all as to when the fibre will be available in the estate. My understanding is they will erect a microwave antenna, but so far have not seen any signs of it. I only notice a large equipment cabinet outside the sales office which I think is part of the Opticomm fibre setup. Opticomm can provide you a temporary TV antenna and wireless broadband provided you have paid the $550 setup fee. I got the TV antenna guy coming out tomorrow.

Happy to see a lot of houses close to completion. Hopefully that will put pressure on Australand to complete the front entrance and start construction on the oval.

edb
Hi Ed,

I managed to get the details of someone at opticom who is working on the project (Greenvale Gardens Roll out), he said end of the month the project should be ready to go. I love it how they want you to pay the $550 without having any locked in date of when the network will be commisioned.

i should be moving this weekend if my final inspection #3 goes well. wish me luck!!
Mr_Cool
Hi Ed,

I managed to get the details of someone at opticom who is working on the project (Greenvale Gardens Roll out), he said end of the month the project should be ready to go. I love it how they want you to pay the $550 without having any locked in date of when the network will be commisioned.

i should be moving this weekend if my final inspection #3 goes well. wish me luck!!

Hi Jack;

Best of luck with the inspection. I'll probbaly see you Sat. as my flooring will be installed on that day. The TV antenna was installed today and the techie was saying the same thing that the fibre would be available by the end of the month, however he wasnt sure if free to air TV would also be available by then. Same guy also provided me with a pre-paid telstra wireless broadband dongle for my internet.

ed
Hi guys. Wondering if you can tell me which class of slab you went with? Standard is M class but I am thinking of upgrading to H. I have been told the soil in Greenvale is hard and H slab won't be necessary but I'm thinking of sticking to my guns & would like to know what everyone else went with. Thanks - hope you have all settled in nicely
Hi Skye02,

I am pretty sure i have a H Class. I didnt have a choice in what kind of slab I has as it was decided by the Engineers. My understanding is that the soil in greenvale is full of Clay which would require a higher calss slab, however i wouldnt think u would need anything more than a H unless your on a site full of fill.
Interesting to know that Mr_Cool. I haven't got to the engineer/soil test stage yet. I do know that I have a fall on my site though. Did anyone else have this problem? Looks like site costs will now be approximately $20k. Wow.
I think 20k will be about right, might be worth asking matt next door to see how he went with site costs. I had about 300mm of fall and they needed to cut in a bit, i managed to lock in the site cost to 15k 100% fixed for peace of mind as i was quite worried about rock, i dont think there was much but they had to put in some extra drainage which i didnt need to worry about.
The owners on the right of our land have a retainer wall but I didn't even think about fall. (I didnt even know what fall was until this week haha) I will definitely be pushing for fixed site costs for the same reason. Can site costs be negotiated? What other things can be negotiated?
I think it depends which builder you go though to what can be negotiated. When i signed the building contract i had about 4 months untill the land settled. I had the leverage to walk away and wait untill the land settled. I also negotiated free kitchen appliance upgrades and a fixed contract price for 12 months (some builders will only lock the price in for 3 months max) but i dont think that will be too much of an issue as your land is titled, its more of an issue if your land is yet to title. Also you have the advantage of the soil test being able to be completed as soon as u pay a deposit (usualy $500 - $1500 depending on builder)

I spose it all depends on what the market is like when you decided to build, if builders do not have much work on then you have the advantage that they may be willing to negotiate to get work. Back in 2009 when the boom was on builders had the "Take it or leave it attitude" but now they dont have the volumes of bussines to operate that way.
Hey Guys,

Currently building in Lot 310
You guys answered some of my questions about the FTTH, $550 just to get the box installled in the garage was a bit of a shock
Looking at maybe finishing before xmas, see how things go.
Any news on the front intersection being finished? It looks like something has been done but that something isn't much, it hasnt moved much for a few months lol
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum