Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our New Build The Pareece *Fowler Homes*- Lock up

Page 2 of 4
B&V I feel your pain with the soil removal!
So expensive and such a shock when Fowler quoted us, we also organised our own removal.
Interestingly, our tender from Wisdom included a provisional allowance for import/export of fill. I asked Fowler if we needed it based on the geotech survey and all they offered to do was put the same allowance in as Wisdom. Surely they should have a good idea after the geotech testing during the tender stage. This sounds like a bit of a scam to me.
TheCastleSyd
Interestingly, our tender from Wisdom included a provisional allowance for import/export of fill. I asked Fowler if we needed it based on the geotech survey and all they offered to do was put the same allowance in as Wisdom. Surely they should have a good idea after the geotech testing during the tender stage. This sounds like a bit of a scam to me.

I don't think any builder includes soil removal in the fixed tenders (I could be wrong but in our case when we were tendering with different builders). When we were at tender with other builders all would leave it as a provisional sum or a variation would be raised. All the siting diagrams we got prior to contracts would give the approximate line where the cut and fill would be. At the end of the day is will always be cheaper to source your own person to have the soil removed or even better if you have the room to keep it on your land.

On a side note, wishing this rain would go away, looks no piering to the skies clear up
teanah
B&V I feel your pain with the soil removal!
So expensive and such a shock when Fowler quoted us, we also organised our own removal.

Thanks Teenah, haven't seen you update your thread in a while, how are things progressing for you?
You are right, Wisdom included a provisional allowance only, but at least we had some warning. I just think that the Builders should have more of an obligation to make you aware of all of the likely costs. It is no surprise to me that you see so many blocks for sale with approved plans - the more naive could easily get that far without realizing the true costs.

Enough soap boxing from me now. I hope that the weather turns in the right direction for you soon.
The skies cleared up piering got completed

Some of the piers went past 2 metres deep, all up over 60 peirs, slab should be held firmly up

Blue line marking of piers

Piering complete

Edge formwrok complete, gave us a really good look at the outline of the home now

More dirt to remove
don't want to see any more dirt
Woohoo! House borders! and boo to dirt
But once the dirt is gone it will feel like such a huge relief! haha
Nice to see your adjoining fence is still standing nice and strong too after excavations!
teanah
Woohoo! House borders! and boo to dirt
But once the dirt is gone it will feel like such a huge relief! haha
Nice to see your adjoining fence is still standing nice and strong too after excavations!

Anyone want free dirt

Hows are things going for you Teenah, do you reckon you will be in before Christmas?
The internal plumbing was done on Wednesday, and this morning the waffles pods got delivered

But the rain kept the workers from doing anything

Hopefully a clear day tomorrow so they can continue with the formwork

Hope the wind doesn't blow them away

How bad has Sydney weather been

Did the waffle covers blow away in those crazy storms last week??
baby bacchus
How bad has Sydney weather been

Did the waffle covers blow away in those crazy storms last week??

Hey Baby Bacchus,

Yeah we've had some pretty hot weather and alot of rain also over the past 2 weeks, hehe the waffles survived the storm and has some progress pictures
With all the crazy weather and being a busy week finally had the chance to post and update on our build progress.

Our SS advised us the our concrete slab pour was to be done in 2 sections with 32Mpa concrete, engineer approved because the size of the drop edge (the pictures will paint a better picture)

The first part of the formwork was completed on 5/11/11 ready for the first concrete pour on the 7/11/11

See that void section of no waffles engineer required that section to have alot of steel and concrete for the massive 2 meter drop edge wall above

First part of slabbed got poured on Monday 7th of November 2011, then 4 hours later the heavens opened up and it rained for the next few days on and off.

SLAB PART 2

With the rains finally clearing and allowing the concrete to cure nicely the formworkers were called back in to complete the seconded section of the slab.

They used a product called SWELLSTOP to stop moisture coming through the joins of the 2 gaps.

The formwork for the 2nd section of the slab was completed on done and completed on the 10/11/11. Heavy duty props were needed to hold up the massive drop edge wall from collapsing.

With the skies clear the concretors returned on the 11/11/11 and completed the slab.

With the massive drop edge and other drop edge taking up 3 concrete trucks there was a 30 min wait for the next 2 trucks to arrive.

We have finally been Slabbed (completed slab)

Wow B&V the slab looks huge, with some serious drop edge beams

I look forward to following your build
it is going to be MASSIVE

looking good!!!
Thats one mighty fine slab you got there! How exciting!
gogo65
Wow B&V the slab looks huge, with some serious drop edge beams

I look forward to following your build

Thanks Gogo, yeah monster drop edge

kiwi
it is going to be MASSIVE

looking good!!!

Thanks Kiwi

teanah
Thats one mighty fine slab you got there! How exciting!

Thanks Teanah, good to some more progress on your build, so excited for you few months away from possibly moving in
YIPPIE you have a SLAB!

It looks MASSIVE! so glad that the weather has played fair for a few days so you can get it down.
We are also building with Fowler and following your build with great joy

Omg, your slab looks ....huge
! Hopefully, hopefully, we will finally get our slab in the next...3 months!
baby bacchus
:z:
YIPPIE you have a SLAB!

It looks MASSIVE! so glad that the weather has played fair for a few days so you can get it down.

Thanks BB, Weather is being naughty again, so much rain about
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/09/2023
Fowler Homes - disappointment?

Building A New House

Anyone built with Fowler Homes? Feedback? Especially any things concerning or negatives? Have heard some horror…

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum