Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone built with Bentley Homes, Vic?

Page 2 of 3
They are good to deal with, I ask alot of questions and they have always got back to us within minutes of emailing or ringing them. There are no delays, or anxious waiting, I couldn't stand that. Our SS saw my Hubby walking the dog today and called out to him, he explained everything that was going on and what would happen this week. They send updates every week. My Sisters friends built with them and the Hubby is so fussy, knows alot about building and they just love their house, they said anything they wanted fixed, was done straight away, also said there wasn't much that needed fixing, just small things, but they were on to it straight away. Bentley dont do alot of advertising they rely on their reputation and word of mouth, so they deliver on quality. Other builders made me nervous, it's hard to trust, but we just felt right with them from the start.
Bricks are going up today, looking good.
Hey Deb,

Can you tell me what your site costs worked out too? We have had a little scare with our broker basically telling us the house is approaching the 500k mark (including land) so basically all my hubbies wage will go on repayments, we desperately need to cut back so are going to sacrifice the study which will save us nearly 25k. However we still haven't received confirmation of site costs or facade costs. Worried we may not be able to afford to build
Hi, I have sent you a message, PM.
The price of the Facades are on Bentley's home page. As I said our site costs were fixed, but we got a really good deal. Were you getting an extra study?
Our brickies are doing a great job and moving along quickly. It's good to see it all of the choices you have made coming together. Theres always that doubt about your color choices, but we are happy so far. How hard is it to get someone to quote a pergola, doesn't anyone like building them? We think we will go with Install a Verandah and get a stratco.
I'm building with this builder in Whittlesea. Just has the site scrape done today so watch this space I guess.
The admin contact has been very good though and really hurried the paperwork along after the developer fluffed about for 6 months. We went from title to site start in just over 2 weeks.

I've been delighted to read the accounts of Bentley builders on these forums. All extremely positive and most suggesting a faster than expected build.
Hi Dr Matt, they are very fast and are doing a great job. They are easy to deal with and respond to any questions within minutes of emailing them. Our brickies are doing a great job, very clean, not leaving heaps of mortar all over the bricks and working very fast. Good luck with your build.
We are nearly at lock up and the slab was only laid on the 23rd Feb. We are just rapt, I think we will be packing again sooner than we thought, I hope so anyway.
Thats great news Deb, unbelievable how quickly it has happened. We have put an offer in on a house, waiting to hear now whether we have got it. Both of us could be packing soon
That's great, I hope you get it. Is it in the same area? I havn't unpacked alot of things, but I still have heaps to pack. I can't wait to move in so that I can unpack the things I havn't seen since we sold our house. Good Luck. We have walked past the house at least 6 times today, lol. It's like every time we walk past, they have done something else.
We have put in on a 4bed, 3bath, 3 living area in Wandong, so not far away at all and if we get it it will be a lot more house for about 100k less then if we had built. Disappointed wont get to build, but if we get this place it will be worth it. lol, i would be walking past all the time too, not long now Deb
Wandong is a lovely town, my friend used to live there. The nursery there is great, when we lived at Wallan we used to go there all the time. I hope you get your answer soon, nothing worse than waiting, so stressfull.
deb17
:z: We are nearly at lock up and the slab was only laid on the 23rd Feb. We are just rapt, I think we will be packing again sooner than we thought, I hope so anyway.

That is astonishing! Do you mind if I ask what size your house is and what area? (edit: Never mind! I scrolled up and see you're building a 27 sq in Doreen? Your site manager isn't Darren is it?)

Send your brickies over to me when you're done with them. If they're half as fast for me I'll be happy.

Now if only this rain would go away so they can pour my slab.
Our site Manager is Brad, their are 3 brickies, DH, sent a slab their way on thursday, they deserve it. I know the rain needs to stay away, at least until they get to lock up on yours and you will be flying. No-one can believe how fast our house is being built, i'm sure yours will be the same.
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z411/bail2000/Our%20Bentley%20Home/085.jpg
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z411/bail2000/083.jpg
Looking good! Nice brick colour.
It's very dark the brick with a black mark in some of the bricks, it's very similar to Tan. I can't wait to see them once they have been washed. Picking the brick was the hardest choice, we didn't pick it from the online pictures at Austral, it looks completely different. We went and had a look at the walls at Austral and they emailed the lists out with all of the homes in the area with the brick, at that stage there were only about 3 to look at. We went to them all, they all had different mortars and styles. We are happy with the final result, thank god.
Electricians have been today, all done and Plastering next week. Unbelievable, we are just rapt. Our SS is the best and Bentley are definately showing us why they have such a good reputation. The workmanship is spot on, we are glad we made the right decision and chose to build with them, especially when you are paying rent whilst waiting for the house to be built, you know that you wont be waiting forever and making double payments for to long.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum