Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

sumsub's Building thread

Page 2 of 2
Aaron & Erin
At second glance, if the strip continued around the bath at the same height as it is under the mirror it would flow better... BUT still looks gorgeous

yeah, it would! I am being picky, but I am going to talk to the builder tomorrow about it.

Took a look at your monster thread(s)!! well done on the build and love the way you're putting all of the furnishing together
amazing_venice
I love your taste in decorating!!! It's very similar to ours!! Well done - looks gorgeous xo

thanks
It was a bit daunting at times as I had to make all those decisions myself, but I'm hoping that it will look great once everything is done. Can't wait to get to the furnishing and the new appliances stage ! yippee!
Just received an email from the builder's office. They say that the splashback may not be installed before christmas but they are going to find out if the Occupancy certificate can be issued without that as everything else is spot on (thier words, not mine).

Is this common practice? i.e. all installation is not complete but you get the OC and then it is installed some time after you move in?
Sooo have heard back from the builder - we won't get the occupancy cert before christmas, and in all lilkelyhood that will now happen in the 2nd week of January after everyone at the local council has had a holiday. At this stage, I'm likely to move in by the end of January. Which suits me fine as I wasn't all that keen to move in during\after Christmas!!
Glad it suits you, you are more patient than me!! Merry xmas.
Took a look at the house again today. Carpets have been put in, all electrical work done including outdoor sensor lights. Yay! Just have to wait for the new year now to move in

Carpet in the front lounge room

Couldn't resist photographing the manhole, so that I could see the roof foil\sisalation!

It's only the people on the forum who will my understand the excitement at seeing.......cooling and heating controls!!!

And the white infills have been repainted to match the gutter color, which makes me much happier

Spot the 150 watt garage sensor light!
You are very quick at posting sumsub! Thanks for letting us see your house today.
it will turn out as a gorgeous home when you guys finally move in.

Will look forward to seeing your progress!
g.imagine
You are very quick at posting sumsub! Thanks for letting us see your house today.
it will turn out as a gorgeous home when you guys finally move in.

Will look forward to seeing your progress!

ha ha yeah, got home and started uploading photos! You should start a thread too!
Got my quotes for 2 timber gates at the side of the house (1000 AUD) and custom shelving in laminate in the WIR in the master bed (900). I am happy with both, they seem reasonable. Fingers crossed, they will get that in by the middle of January!
drove past the house today...well actually drove to see the house and they have put the red splashback in, yay!

And the antenna has been put in as well, so I dont have to stay without The Mentalist, and the Big Bang theory!

Occupancy Certificate obtained over the weekend. Got home insurance policy certificate organised and faxed to me today. Just sent off all required documents to the bank! woohoo very close now!
Builder gave me a good tip regarding final payment - they suggested that I ask the bank to issue a Bank cheque payable to the builder and post it to me, instead of bank paying the builder directly. That way the bank can start thier processing, valuation etc, while I do my final inspection in parallel, and I hand over the cheque once I am satisfied, so we dont lose too much time waiting for things to happen sequentially.
Hi Sumsub, it was great read your thread. Can you please share your experience with the Persaud homes. During construction and after construction. How is their build quality and after service? I am considering them for my house as well. Thanks in advance . Khan
Hi,
May i know how was your experience with Persaud homes, any issue till now? in terms of quality
I am to consider them.
please reply asap
thanks a lot
Rjbhai02,
I’m not sure if you realise this build was in 2010, I doubt sumsub would still be on homeone, most people finish their build then move on....
She last posted 5 years ago.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum