Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Kazzbah61 switch home

Page 2 of 4
Hey tinkster the white cupboards are polytec classic white gloss. Lucky no little kids in house as kitchen all high gloss with stainless steel appliances, not sure how I feel about Ariston hotplate as it seems to show marks so easily. Oh well I will have to become very house proud and keep it polished or eat lots of salads.
lilfeggle I think a bbq would be a nice idea a good way to meet new people and we all have something in common, we can share stories. Called past house today and plumber was there (goodie) another step closer, alfresco is paved just all down the side from laundry to back end of bed4 to do plus finish off driveway and porch. Had a chuckle about my (funky) blade wall.
Hi jbarry I was like you seeing my house in the background of your pics. I think your neighbours have moved in, in the blueprint home "amazing" and the redink one down past us is powering along as well. I try not to think about all of your builds as it irritates me that ours has dragged along at snails pace. Focus on the positive that it is coming to an end very soon. Saw the splashback today in kitchen looks really good sorry no piccies as my mobile is not very good at taking photos. I cant work out how you get your pictures so big mine are pathetic it doesnt do the house justice. DH will be sleeping there when we have handover not going to leave it vacant plus his work is down the road. He will be batching it for awhile but I will bring him food.
Very exciting for you, your kitchen looks amazing (i originally selected seductive limba crystal gloss) for the kitchen but decided to spend the extra other places..

Fingers crossed everything ticks along smoothly for you, i think you deserve it!

Its funny we over capitalized in our previous house (pool etc) and are not doing it with this house crazy as this is a far specie house! we are still deciding to sell it when all is settled.

Keep the photos coming
hello molly2, yes very expensive addition crystal gloss kitchen still this will be our last build dont know if I could put myself through this again at my time of life just buy a turnkey next time. Yes you can always overcapitalize on your home it is just knowing when to draw the line and except that you might not make as much out of it when you sell. This is one of the reasons I went with timber laminate, see how I like it and around $18000 is a lot of money to walk on for real wood. What area are you building in and which house?
we are also looking a timber laminate flooring, mainly due to two large dogs that sometimes live inside. if we decide to stay in the house we may decide to change to "real" timber later.

we are building s.o.r Rockingham way, but we have not gone to site yet hopefully not far off.
we had laminate flooring in our old house - fab stuff !
Hi lilfeggle, pleased to hear the laminate is good the one we picked out is 12.3mm has 25yr warranty we dont have any pets in the house, just DH and adult DS and maybe a grandchild in a couple of years, so hopefully we should not be hard on it and like I said I have never had a timber type floor before only in our parents homes before they put vinyl on them or carpet, so a change is good. We have an indication from ss for pci for next Wednesday yayayayaaa.
PCI next week!
Wow you are almost there!

Have you worked out the photos yet??
that's wonderful news Kazzbah61. Start packing
Newbie member and fellow switcher, your house is looking amazing, hope it all goes well for handover!
Just stopping by to say hello & WOW your build is gorgeous! Amazing kitchen and I love the black wall at the entrance.

*edited to fix my spelling
Cooped07
Just stopping by to say hello & WOW your build is gorgeous! Amazing kitchen and I love the black wall at the entrance.

*edited to fix my spelling

Thanks Cooped07 for stopping buy and the compliments on our house we are getting there overall very happy with the way it is turning out just a few issues. Thanks for comment on black tiled wall we are happy with the look. No houses around us have a tiled wall out the front makes it different to other designs out there, we saw this look on some 2 storey displays and thought it looks very clean and modern, so went with it.
dreamhan
Newbie member and fellow switcher, your house is looking amazing, hope it all goes well for handover!

Hi dreamhan and welcome to the switcher builds out here, thanks for the wishes on handover just a couple of issues we can see for pci will get there, hope everything goes well for you on your build and will keep
eye out for your thread. Which house are you building?
Went to the house yesterday knowing someone was going to be there to get some pics of splashback etc but forgot to put memory card in so only got a couple of piccies.

See how this turns out hopefully a bit bigger than my usual pics
Looking very nice kazzbah.

What colour is that splashback? It looks similar to what we've picked.

That's a good photo size too!
Mercury silver very happy with how it looks, kitchen looks so good with it in. Took ages trying to decide what colour.
Yeah we took ages too. Ours is Stainless so should be similar I think.
absolutely fabulous ! looks amazing
Very nice!
Getting so close to done!
Love the colours in the kitchen!
We have a custom design as we wanted a big house and couldn't find anything we wanted to adapt
Well Guys PCI booked for Weds 8.30am bring it on hellaluaa.
Posting some more pics

:
Front entrance

Alfresco

Alfresco

Side paving

Ensuite

Ensuite shower

Ensuite vanity

Ensuite vanity

Ensuite
[ahimg]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab5/Kazzb61/Newhouse%202010/Image039.jpg[/img]
Ensuite from bedroom

Just a few more pictures hope they turn out alrighthttps://forum.homeone.com.au/post ... 1&t=38073#
Related
12/04/2024
combining the ceiling fan switch, light switch, dimmer switc

Building A New House

Any electricians here please help. 1) Will the Fan need separate switch to ON/OFF/Speed eventhough it comes with Remote 2) how about…

23/05/2024
two way and three-way switch locations

Building A New House

hallway light switches outside each bedroom. Life saver.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum