Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bicko’s Rothwell - Shed, deck, blinds, lights

Page 2 of 20
You can change the title of the thread by editing the subject of the first post.

Congrats on the scrape
ah thats how you do it.. Thanks for that
Beautiful scrape you have yourself there!
*signs up for this thread*
Looking good mate!

Just noticed where you are now.. just down from us on PO dve
bicko123
haha Black. I bought a dump of a house a few years back (since renovated and rented out) that had a glossy black ceiling in one of the bedrooms. it was terrible lol!!!!

And I'm beating it was pretty damn hard to get rid of.
catjim

New plaster throughout the house fixes that

cdandrb
*signs up for this thread*
Looking good mate!

Just noticed where you are now.. just down from us on PO dve

boiselfish
Beautiful scrape you have yourself there!

Thanks guys. Welcome aboard

i wonder if there is any action today
bicko123
catjim

New plaster throughout the house fixes that

Yep, that's definitely one way to fix it
Todays progress... ummmmm nothing
I'm guessing you aren't the only one.
catjim
I'm guessing you aren't the only one.

haha, bit happening at cdandrb and Fraggies but unfortunatly not yours. i think there is a bit of ordinary weather coming on Thursday. we will see
oooOO score.. yeah, I think we've got some delays coming.. this kitchens going to be an issue apparently
So you're on PO Dr..at the end? I'll work out where you are eventually

cdandrb
oooOO score.. yeah, I think we've got some delays coming.. this kitchens going to be an issue apparently

Oh BOOO!
sizz2519
So you're on PO Dr..at the end? I'll work out where you are eventually

right up the end. barb wire back fence
We have a bin. must be getting close to some action. lets see how tidy they keep it

Also, finally got the bank contracts today. They dont start till we get the contracts back. i said ok
Bit of action today. i was around at 2pm and missed it all

pipes and set-out

I then measured all the pegs compared to the design drawings. all spot on. Confidence is growing
Well it’s been absolutely perfect weather and nothing has happened since last Friday except for someone putting up the Site safety sticker on the toilet. On the sticker was the supervisor’s number so i gave him a call to touch base. hmmm he didn’t even know about the house and wasn't sure if he would have anything to do with it. Good start?

Anyway, he said supervisors don’t usually take over till after the slab was complete. One thing i have been wondering was whether of not Carlisle install puddle flanges on the pipe penetrations through the slab like in the pic below. He confirmed that they do as part of their termguad treatment so i was happy.

let see if anything happens tomorrow

bicko123

Anyway, he said supervisors don’t usually take over till after the slab was complete.

I got the same thing when I rang the supervisor that our neighbours had. Presuming that we would have the same one he said that our property wouldn't be assigned until after the slab went down.

Makes you wonder who is supervising the laying of the slab considering our ensuite waste pipe is in the wrong spot by 875mm! It's likely that the slab will be poured tomorrow morning and they'll have to sort it out later. Three phone calls and one email hasn't made them stand up and take notice yet
Hey bricko

Congrats on the progress! Fingers crossed for no rain and for a slab tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the pics
catjim
bicko123

Anyway, he said supervisors don’t usually take over till after the slab was complete.

Makes you wonder who is supervising the laying of the slab considering our ensuite waste pipe is in the wrong spot by 875mm! It's likely that the slab will be poured tomorrow morning and they'll have to sort it out later. Three phone calls and one email hasn't made them stand up and take notice yet

If I were you id be there in the morning to stop the pour if the pipe is definitely in the wrong spot. it will only cause issues for future stages and could possibly lead to paths for termites to enter through the slab at the pipe.
bon
Hey bricko

Congrats on the progress! Fingers crossed for no rain and for a slab tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the pics

hey bon. not quite there buddy
if they pull their fingers out we might get a slab by thursday/friday. the photo above is not my slab just an example
Related
6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum