Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Any experiences with Firstyle homes

Page 2 of 22
Thanks for your replies. The power points are not included within the clipsal plans, so it will be their responsibility to get it done i supose. I also chose Mild Steel for my bricks. The display home at middleton grange has them. Well no news from me and the council burnt down and there will be a delay with my approval. I am quite sure this will bring me over the 180 day tender...........................Just my luck!
Cazash, what colour did you go for your windows and gutters?

Below is image of the Bi-folding window which we upgraded to in the kitchen which will have the caesarstone benchtop rolling out on to a servery under the alfresco.

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/mcintosh ... 2680608210
Regarding the undergroud tank. it's good space saver but what will happen if it need repairs?
Ocn
Windows and gutters are dune. I just went of their display home (schofield at middleton grange)as all the colours went well together.
The bi fold window looks fantastic!
Cazash,

You are correct you should not be charged for extra power points to rainwater tanks or hot water tank, normally these are hardwired. However if you contact me on 9601 0111 and explain the details, will be happy to provide a refund if it was charged in error.

Sam Romeo
Manager Pre Construction
Cheers Sam,

Thanks for letting me know about the power points.
It looks like we are stuck on frames/windows for ever. It's almost three weeks and there are still few windows need hanging. Also we been told there'll be two week delay before they can start bricking.
Although I went to site today and bricks been delivered..

Welcome Sam
... It's good that someone is listening
and watching
We finished the frame and brickwork started. Any progress to you guys?
Hi Firstyle builders. I'm in the process of negotiations with Firstyle at Oran Park display village. Looking to build an Oran 30 at Jordan Springs-Penrith. Did anyone have success in bargaining down the price? I want lots of upgrades and they are so expensive - Firstyle don't seen to throw in upgrade packages like Eden Brae and McDonald homes. Their "$21,000 Living Collection" package only offers what others provide as standard, and some are for 2 story homes (no credit for single levels). Any tips/tricks or experiences would be appreciated.
Hi normette,
I don't think you can bargain on base house price with any builder. As for upgrades, you can try but we didn't get any significant discounts. You are right Eden Brae provides most of the Living Collection as standard but their base price is higher too. In my experience you end up paying same sort of money for any builder.
On the side note, Firstyle's double storeys are better value then sigle storey homes.
Ocn
Thanks for the info. I ran some rough numbers today, and they kind of work out similar. Bit more from EB but I like the floorplan of the Oran. So I'll see what I can work out.
Hi,
We will be getting independent inspector Howard Ryan to do our inspections and he is running a free seminar, if anyone is intrested

Speaders: Howard Ryan & George Zakos
Topic: You, Your Builder and Your Contract!
Date: Saturday 25th September 2010
Time: 1:00PM to 4:00PM including Q & A time (starting at 1:15pm sharp)
Venue: North Ryde RSL Cnr Pittwater Road & Magdala Road, North Ryde
Confirm your seats today by Emailing to: howard@hnkryan.com by 22nd September 2010 to book your places.

Ocn
Hi normette,
I just had a look at Oran and it's really good design. I ilke the fact the house is sepearated in two sections, bedrooms and living etc. Access to livingsthrough gallery and bedrooms through hallway.
If I was building single storey, I would definitly go with it.

mcintosh25...Is your bricks done...roof started...

Ocn
WinfieldCharcoal,

Regarding independent inspectors, at what stage are you having the inspections done? And is this part of the normal Firstyle process or something you/your bank insisted upon during the building phase?

Am just sorting through some finer detail before getting a tender drawn up.

normette
We will be doing two inspections, one at frame and roof completion stage, and another at PCI. These inspections are done as part of the build process with your supervisor. But we don know any thing about building standards etc so getting independendent inspector to help us.
It's not the requirement by bank, they do their own thing.

WC
I been progressing at snail pace...............
WC
Hey WinfieldCharcoal,
Our brick worked finished about a week ago maybe a bit longer. Rain this week delayed the roof but it is starting later this week which is good.
Just itching to get in and fingers crossed we may make it by Christmas...

Will try and get out there during the week and take some more photos to upload.
We finished bricking last week and hopefully will start roof soon.
mcintosh25... Did you mean finish the whole thing by xmas?
I was thinking the other day whether we can make it to lockup stage by then.

WC
does anyone have the problem of starting house and land package in about june 2010 and still waiting for council approval. "the builders need a certificate from your solicitor to prove that you own the land before we can go the next step"!!!

The problems of a two storey house being built next to a single storey house.
Hi ceebee
we had to supply proof of owner ship of the land before they started build. We got a sent a document which showed name of ownership from our local council
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum