Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Slab this week - Celebration Homes

Page 2 of 4
Hi Rosie

I just noticed that you had another thread so though I would post here too.

Your slab and works all look very familar....

We havent been up to our block since 21st Jan, hopefully we will make it up there this weekend to see if anything else has been done.

We made a few changes to the plan too....we also enclosed the cinema and did a few other bits like adding doors etc, we also added a double front door and changed the window from the living area out to the alfresco to sliding doors, we added a double shower and double sink in the en-suite and swapped the WIL and toilet around. Did you get the free kitchen upgrade?

I would have loved to have been there for the slab being laid, the coin was a great idea!

Look forward to hearing/seeing your progress

Debs
Hi Debs

Sorry I just replied to your other post too hehe so double message from me to you

Your changes sound very similar to ours. We certainly did get the kitchen upgrade - 900mm oven and stove cant wait!! Did you make any changes at all to the kitchen? It was really hard because of those two windows we weren't able to add any extra storage or cabinets.

You will have to let us know when you see your block next if there were any new changes! We noticed a shed was delivered the other day and they've been doing a bit of digging here and there. I have a feeling our houses will be ready around the same time! haha!

Looking forward to your updates!

Rosie
Hi Rosie,

Just been back up to the site, we too now have a shed and some window frames and door frames, they have cleared the last of the remaing rubish/sand too, looking forward going back up next weekend to see how far the bricklayer has got, I've heard that the bricklayer gets done pretty quick....we wll see.

We didnt make too many changes to the kitchen, we put a ceasar stone up stand block behind the sink to hide the sink from the rest of the room, we also put in some cupboard divider things so that the units under the sink were separated to make more usable space under the sink....you are right there is not much cupboard space in the kitchen. How about you, did you make many changes?

Our plot is on Liberty Drive up the top of the road from the station, will let you know once our bricks have been laid.....or if your in the area and fancy having a look you may find out sooner than us!

Have they given you a date for your bricklayer yet??

Speak soon
Debs
Hey Rosie

You wouldn't be building on the block next to the two storey place that was the Somerly sales office would you (think your block was the carpark)

If so, there was a whole heap of trucks delivering what looks to be bricks and window frames there this morning
Hello Maya!

Thanks for your post! That certainly was my block hehe! I saw the frames this afternoon on my way home from work! Very exciting! everything is there now ready for bricking to start! Cant wait!

Rosie
Rosienchris
Hello Maya!

Thanks for your post! That certainly was my block hehe! I saw the frames this afternoon on my way home from work! Very exciting! everything is there now ready for bricking to start! Cant wait!

Rosie

Well then, welcome to sunny Somerly

I guess that means we would've parked on your block when we bought our block
haha! Thank you!! Do you live in Somerly? Thats lovely! Its a great area and we LOVE the block!! Very very happy! Thank you for the welcoming! Be sure to keep an eye out for us in the next few weeks if you happen to be passing by
Yep, we bought in one of the first stages so have been here about four years. It's great - good transport links, close to shopping, near Joondalup for work/Lakeside/uni, sea breezes and the Connolly extension makes it easy to get on the freeway....

.... so why are we leaving and going to live in the middle of nowhere then
Hi there Rosie,

Yipee.......we have walls!!!

The bricklayer has started, we went to the block last night not really expecting to see anything new as Celebration homes told me on Friday afternoon that a bricklayer hadn't been assigned and were pleasantly surprised that they had indeed started, some of the outside walls have been laid and they have gone to about half the height of the house and put in most of the windows, nothing at the front of the house has been started only the rear and sides, but its great to see progress and try and work out which part is which!

Can't wait to go back at the weekend to see how far they have got!

Any progress on yours??

Debs
Hi Debs!

Thats great! We are the same! We have a back wall, most of the side wall and last night half of the kitchen wall was done too! Soooo exciting - I have to get some photos up soon. They have only been doing externals for us too, really looking forward to seeing some internal walls soon!

You must be so anxious to get back and have a look, we are so lucky we drive past daily haha so have been watching changes and taking way too many photos!

I havent been on here in so long, I didnt get a chance to answer your last question about the kitchen. We didnt make any changes either because of those windows. You had a great idea by putting a backing on the island bench! Ahh I wish I had found this site before we went for our prestart, the ideas I have come across are amazing! But we are pretty happy with everything we have chosen, my only concern is kitchen storage but Im sure I work around that!

Keep us updated

Rosie
MNH

Have you had your prestart booked yet?

Rosie
Hi there,

I couldnt quite cope with not seeing what was going on with the building...we went back up the following evening to see what else had been done, they had started the second layer of bricks inside, also we had windows in the kitchen. We didnt manage to get there yesterday but I cant wait to get back there tomorrow to see what they have done in the last 2 days. I am looking forward to seeing some internal walls to get an idea of what the actual rooms will be like!

you are so lucky to be able to see whats going on on a daliy basis, do you already live in Clarkson? We are down in Innaloo at the moment, its not too much of a drive up but going up but takes a fair bit of time to go on a daily basis.

I think we saw yours on our last trip up, are you near the roundabout near the Goodguys?

Will let you know where the builders have got to over the weekend....
Hi Rosienchris

Congrats on your progress. How have they gone today? They must be close to finishing maybe by the end of next week, fingers are crossed for you. Would loooove to see some pics if you have any.

Ditto on wishing we had put a wall on the bench to block the view of the sink, what a great idea DebsF. When it gets to that stage, would love to see how they did it. Was chatting to hubby about that and reckons somehow we can do it later, hmmmm.

Hope you get the completed walls next week, all the best.
Hi there,

Hare1, I think you are right you should be able to do the box upstand after handover, by the looks of it its just a slab of granite secured to the top of the worktop...you can tell I have great building skills & knowledge here
I have seen a couple of different version on how its done and not 100% sure how our will be, will put a photo on though once its been done.

We now have more walls......and a door which I have no idea what its for, it looks like and exterior door and it leads from the hall way into one of the bedrooms....but the bedroom door is supposed to be in a different place, going back up this evening hopefully to see if its still there and if it makes any more sense!

How are your walls coming along Rosie...anything unexpected yet??
Hi!!

We have sooo many walls! The brickie (My partner Chris met him last week haha) thinks he will be finished by Wednesday next week which is exciting. I can litterally walk down my hall way and into all the minor bedrooms! Its such a surreal feeling. We are so happy with the work so far. Debs I know what you mean about somethings though, there were a few times I was like 'Oh whats that doing there' haha but it makes sense when you see a new wall there the next day. Have you had a look at you plan again for that door?

So far all is good, they did miss one thing which was a steel rod they were mean to have in the slab at the front of the house. This rod is meant for some support at the front bedroom. Chris is a structural engineer and picked it up straight away and told our construction coordinator who informed our supervisor. The brickie apparently knows about this now and it is easily fix and can be tied under the bricks or something. Thats the only issue we have come across.

Let me know about that door when you go tonight! Oh and we would love to see your kitchen bench when it is complete too hehe! Cant wait until the place is at that level! I reckon we will be having roof beams soonish Debs!

I will post photos soon soon! Stay tuned
Hi,
We went back up to our build and it is now all a little clearer, it was a door for the robe in one of the back bedrooms, it just looked really bizarre standing there all alone going nowhere!
They have got on pretty well, we now have a kitchen area a couple of bedrooms/bathrooms/laundry etc, we can really start to make out how big the place will be!
We drove by your place on our way home, it amazes me how different 2 builders build, it looks as though we are roughly in the same stage on the build front but they way which they have been done is so different, for example we had all exterior walls up first...excluding the front walls, where it looks as though they worked on the left side of your place first!
Can't wait to go back up tomorrow for another update
Hi Rosie,

Nope prestart not booked yet
We had some problems actually. Our sales rep said it should have been early-mid feb but now probably not untilmid March. We really need the building contracts as titles are due end of March and we need to settle 2 weeks after titles are released as we get $15k worth of bonuses. Hopefully contracts will be in the mail next week and we can get them to the bank ASAP for approval.

Had a look at your place the other day. Looking very good indeed!!

We have also asked for the splashback in the kitchen was just over $400. My Husband said it would be easy to do yourself but as our budget woudn't allow for a stone benchtop I told him I wanted it now and not to wait for him to build it for me
Hi Rosie,

How is it all going?? We have a date for prestart.....11th of March. Yippee.

Can I ask how much help the prestart consultant gives you in regards to colours?? I mean I sort of know what I want but would like a little help too I think.

Settlement on our house was on Monday. I am glad now that we only have the rental to worry about. Was crazy juggling 2 homes and a 2yr old!!!
Might take a drive past your place tommorrow to check it out.
Hi Rosie,

Just popping in to see how things are coming along for you.

Havn't had a chance to drive past. Just getting settled here, can't beleive we will be moving all over again in 12mths or so.
Hi Everyone!

Sorry about very late reply. We have been in the process of moving house as my lease had finished up at our place. We were then ready to move into Chris's parents rental house only to find that the tenants there (who had been given 60days notice to leave) are setting up camp in the house and refusing to leave. Which now means we have to take them to court to get them out and Chris and I are now without a house. Staying between his parents house and my parents house is not fun!! I just wish our house was finished already!!

On a happier note the house is looking FANTASTIC. We can actually call it a house now. We used to call it 'the block' but now its 'the house'
All our roof timbers are on and finished. We have eaves and it just looks great. Im expecting tiles will be delivered next week. I cant believe how fast it is going up. The slab was poured on the 22nd of Jan and on the 6th of March we have part of a roof!! I promise to get some photos up soon!! We are so so happy with Celebration Homes work so far!

MNH yay a Prestart Date!!! That is exciting!!! Are you all sorted with your file? What kind of bricks have you chosen? I seem to remember our prestart consultant was really good with colours. I suppose most of them would have done some kind of interior design course so if you need help I am sure they would be happy to tell you what colours look good together. You are there for a few hours and they definitely want to make sure you are happy before you walk out the door. They have so many different examples which you can put together and visualise. You are seriously going to have such a great day!!

Debs how is your house going? I have been meaning to ask did you choose tiles or colourbond?

Hope everyone is well! Im going to attempt to put some photos up here today!! Im so excited to see roof tiles now!!

Rosie xoxo
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum